Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

You could could see wes getting jis marching orders a mile off.  After booking 1 then puel should have subbed him.. perhaps putting amarty on richarlison and albrighton on wing to pull ricardo back.

For me kasper at fault for both goals.... the first he flapped and didnt get enough on it.  The second he was sleeping and caught out.

Nowhere near enough chances created... out shots tally way too low for home game v everton 

Those kind of marching orders = Very sticky end for Wes ?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

So is the argument that every time a player gets a yellow card they should be subbed or does that rule only apply to Morgan?

I don’t think big Wes should be playing but if he is surely you can’t  just sub him every time he gets booked.

Don't want to belabor what appears an obvious point, but enough with the gross mischaracterization of the discourse.

Not the least bit interested in the alternative extremes of either the canonization or demonization of Wes Morgan, but he would not have been the first (nor the last) player ever to be substituted when he appeared to be in reasonable danger of picking up a second yellow. That is hardly a novel concept in football, and in fact happens with some regularity to so many players NOT named Wes Morgan! As previously noted, most (if not all) substitutions are meant to be situational and where a particular situation appears to warrant a sub, a perceptive manager would be expected to so do. It's what known in the football vernacular as 'reading the game' and the failure to do so on Saturday almost certainly cost us the game. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I wish people would stop talking about centre backs needing pace. A good CB is spatially aware with good anticipation.

Morgan was disappointingly naïve, yes, but subbing him on for Evans would not have solved the Richarlison problem - the only 'quick' CB we have is Soyuncu, who isn't ready.

The solution is to not play such a high line against pacy forwards. It's that simple. The reason Wes makes such a silly tackle on the halfway line is because he knows that Richarlison have acres of space in behind him to run into, with no cover.

But it would have solved the numbers problem, no? 

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

There was an awful lot of anti Gylfi comments on here, about how we’d not want him at Leicester and all that shite.

He remains a very very capable player in a good side.

But he was UNDERWHELMING last season. He's doing a "Mendy" this season though... lol

MARK HALSEY: RICHARLISON DESERVED AN OSCAR IN EVERTON V LEICESTERFeatured Image
 Date: 8th October 2018 at 9:15am
Written by: Eddie Redman
Former Premier League referee has said that Richarlison’s reaction to a Wes Morgan challenge was “worthy of an Oscar” as the Leicester City man was sent off in their 2-1 defeat.

The Toffees saw off the Foxes courtesy of goals from Richarlison and Gylfi Sigurdsson, the Icelandic star unleashing a rocket of a shot to seal victory after Ricardo Pereira had levelled the scores for the home side at the King Power Stadium.

However, Halsey insisted that Brazilian winger Richarlison made the most of the tackle from Morgan which saw him pick up his second yellow card of the game, and that the Everton man deserved an award.

Writing in his column for the Sun, he said: “He saw red for the second time in three league games on Saturday — for four yellow-card offences which never left a mark on anyone.

“Andre Marriner gave Morgan a second yellow against Everton after he clearly won the ball and clipped Richarlison’s foot in the process.

“The Brazilian’s reaction was worthy of an Oscar but, having just warned Morgan for bundling the Toffees star over, Marriner bought it.”

Opinion

Richarlison is known to have a bit of bite about him but this time he showed his nous to get Morgan to be given his marching orders. It was a soft foul to see red for but it was to accumulation of warnings that ended up with him sent off, and the Brazilian’s reaction did not help the defender’s cause one bit. Whatever your thoughts on simulation and the like, when a strong reaction, as shown by the Everton man, can influence a referee all the players are going to be doing it to gain an advantage. There either needs to be a crackdown on faking injuries or referees being more lenient with their bookings – otherwise players are going to be seeing red more and more often, thus ruining the game. As for Richarlison’s Oscar nomination, he might want to focus winning awards on the football pitch first, for the Toffees could really do with some silverware.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/mark-halsey-richarlison-deserved-an-oscar-in-everton-v-leicester/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

MARK HALSEY: RICHARLISON DESERVED AN OSCAR IN EVERTON V LEICESTERFeatured Image
 Date: 8th October 2018 at 9:15am
Written by: Eddie Redman
Former Premier League referee has said that Richarlison’s reaction to a Wes Morgan challenge was “worthy of an Oscar” as the Leicester City man was sent off in their 2-1 defeat.

The Toffees saw off the Foxes courtesy of goals from Richarlison and Gylfi Sigurdsson, the Icelandic star unleashing a rocket of a shot to seal victory after Ricardo Pereira had levelled the scores for the home side at the King Power Stadium.

However, Halsey insisted that Brazilian winger Richarlison made the most of the tackle from Morgan which saw him pick up his second yellow card of the game, and that the Everton man deserved an award.

Writing in his column for the Sun, he said: “He saw red for the second time in three league games on Saturday — for four yellow-card offences which never left a mark on anyone.

“Andre Marriner gave Morgan a second yellow against Everton after he clearly won the ball and clipped Richarlison’s foot in the process.

“The Brazilian’s reaction was worthy of an Oscar but, having just warned Morgan for bundling the Toffees star over, Marriner bought it.”

Opinion

Richarlison is known to have a bit of bite about him but this time he showed his nous to get Morgan to be given his marching orders. It was a soft foul to see red for but it was to accumulation of warnings that ended up with him sent off, and the Brazilian’s reaction did not help the defender’s cause one bit. Whatever your thoughts on simulation and the like, when a strong reaction, as shown by the Everton man, can influence a referee all the players are going to be doing it to gain an advantage. There either needs to be a crackdown on faking injuries or referees being more lenient with their bookings – otherwise players are going to be seeing red more and more often, thus ruining the game. As for Richarlison’s Oscar nomination, he might want to focus winning awards on the football pitch first, for the Toffees could really do with some silverware.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/mark-halsey-richarlison-deserved-an-oscar-in-everton-v-leicester/

I haven't seen the replays yet, but from where I was sat it look pretty obvious that for both fouls he'd thrown himself about to get Morgan another yellow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I haven't seen the replays yet, but from where I was sat it look pretty obvious that for both fouls he'd thrown himself about to get Morgan another yellow.

The one he got booked for, Morgan got the ball first and stood on his foot after. There was contact but he certainly won the ball before contact. The one where he sent Richarlison into the stands he could’ve been booked for, definite contact. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I thought so too of course it doesn't excuse Morgan making 2 unnecessary tackles where there was very little danger of anything happening but they were hardly yellow card tackles. Marriner failed to yellow card one of their players who quite blatantly pulled back one of our guys when bombing down the wing with a clear run ahead.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I thought so too of course it doesn't excuse Morgan making 2 unnecessary tackles where there was very little danger of anything happening but they were hardly yellow card tackles. Marriner failed to yellow card one of their players who quite blatantly pulled back one of our guys when bombing down the wing with a clear run ahead.

There was another one where they slid in a completely took the player out and got nothing. I think Chilwell did similar late on and got a yellow without hesitation.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Exactly how I saw it. Knowing Richarlison is quick AND a better actor than Lawrence Olivier, Morgan with all his experience shouldn’t have been so bloody naive. It required better positional sense and minimal ‘lunging’

Morgan let us down on Saturday I’m afraid because he enabled Marriner to do what he did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly how I saw it. Knowing Richarlison is quick AND a better actor than Lawrence Olivier, Morgan with all his experience shouldn’t have been so bloody naive. It required better positional sense and minimal ‘lunging’

Morgan let us down on Saturday I’m afraid because he enabled Marriner to do what he did.

He’s making the mistakes that you’d expect an young inexperienced player to make. Surely Evan’s would be a short term replacement at the very least

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He’s making the mistakes that you’d expect an young inexperienced player to make. Surely Evan’s would be a short term replacement at the very least

That’s what I’d do mate. My feeling is that if Dan Amartey gets put alongside Harry and Evans in a CB three, he’d learn from Evans instruction and would compensate for Evans lack of pace. This would be Amartey at his best imo. Wes isn’t particularly verbal and having Amartey and Wes alongside each other is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Oww Col, showing your age with that comment lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

There was another one where they slid in a completely took the player out and got nothing. I think Chilwell did similar late on and got a yellow without hesitation.

Tosun on Chilwell, just took his leg out with a wild swing, just a free kick. Chilwell then caught him late and got booked. 

Most questionable to me was I think Digne just diving in and scything Maddison down early on in our RB position. Clear foul, and yellow (seen reds given for less), not even a foul. Mariner had a shocker, no consistency or control over the game

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Tom Davies should of been sent off for his tackle on Vardy as well, high, reckless and out of control = a red card these days doesn't it?

I’m not sure if it was bad enough for a red just because it was high and from behind - certainly it wasn’t in the same league as the one Vardy was sent off for.

What really irritated me about it was the same thing as what annoyed me about the Gosling hack on Vardy at Bournemouth. In both cases the offender has committed 2 very clear yellow card offences in one tackle:

1) A professional foul to stop a counter attack.

2) A dangerous challenge which some referees may consider worthy of a red in and of itself.

It’s absurd that it seems that you get the same punishment for a violent hack or a dangerous lunge as for a sly trip (which is obviously worthy of a yellow) in breaking up a counter attack.

Guest MattP

Anything think we need Mendy and Ndidi in the team for home games? I'd prefer us to have an attacking creative centre midfielder on the pitch. Not sure we need two defensive ones even with attacking full backs. 

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

I’m not sure if it was bad enough for a red just because it was high and from behind - certainly it wasn’t in the same league as the one Vardy was sent off for.

What really irritated me about it was the same thing as what annoyed me about the Gosling hack on Vardy at Bournemouth. In both cases the offender has committed 2 very clear yellow card offences in one tackle:

1) A professional foul to stop a counter attack.

2) A dangerous challenge which some referees may consider worthy of a red in and of itself.

It’s absurd that it seems that you get the same punishment for a violent hack or a dangerous lunge as for a sly trip (which is obviously worthy of a yellow) in breaking up a counter attack.

seen reds for a lot less,

Yeah we were saying exactly the same on Saturday during the game. How can the booking for Amartey be the same as the booking for Gosling / Davies?! its crazy really.

Gosling's was a 'Professional' foul really pretty much the same as Wes's first. I have always said there should be the orange card, 20 minute sin bin for cynical fouls and diving.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely correct. Morgan was the most experienced man on the pitch, and our captain who should lead by example and should certainly know better.

In my view it's a pointless argument stating he didn't deserve to get booked, he did, so that's that. And what the hell was he doing tackling him on the half way line anyway? His second yellow at Bournmouth was just as naive, several yards into their half trying to win the ball back after he lost control of the ball. It is just not good enough from such a senior player.

We are such a young team we must expect naive decision making from them at times, but NOT from our senior and most experienced players.

And it is these players who are letting us down badly this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Anything think we need Mendy and Ndidi in the team for home games? I'd prefer us to have an attacking creative centre midfielder on the pitch. Not sure we need two defensive ones even with attacking full backs. 

Yeh I definitely think we lack some of that in our midfield but I’m not convinced we’ve got it even in the squad. Neither Iborra or Silva are as creative as we’d hoped. Both neat and tidy but not entirely convinced either are that creative player who can mix it up a bit as well. 

After watching the replay, thought Pereira was slightly at fault for their second (despite how good it was); as he initially ran towards Sigurdsson and then stopped briefly before the latter pulled the trigger.