Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Fuchs, Okazaki

Will never ever forget how brilliant you both were when we won the league, but now time has caught up with you both. 

From the bottom of my heart, a very big Thank you.

You will never either be forgotten.

Christian, when you slotted that ball for Vardy against Man U, that was as good as ever it could be.

Edited by treer

9 minutes ago, treer said:

Will never ever forget how brilliant you both were when we won the league, but now time has caught up with you both. 

From the bottom of my heart, a very big Thank you.

You will never either be forgotten.

Christian, when you slotted that ball for Vardy against Man U, that was as good as ever it could be.

What's the relevance of Ronaldinho nutmegging Puyol?

• Haha 3

Fuchs is good cover. He was excellent only the other week against Man City in the other cup. No doubt we will get another left back in the summer window.

I agree about Shinji though. We are in desperate need of another striker in Jan if you ask me. If Vardy gets injured for a lengthy period, and with no other striker with confidence, it could be the difference between nabbing 7th (and a European spot) and 10-12th.

Edited by bmouth_fox
  • Like 1

Disagree with comments about Shinji completely. He’s never been prolific but compared to Championship Winning season to Last Season statistically he has performed better:

Championship winning: 2015/2016:

2054 minutes with 5 Goals 2 Assists

Last Season 2017/2018:

1314 Minutes 6 Goals 3 Assists

This season he has had around 10 cameo appearances all around 15-20 mins or less which hardly allows him to really get in the game.

He he was so crucial to our play in the last few years and it appears he has been for whatever reason left out in the cold. 

He relieves pressure when he gets fouled up the field & I can understand why some get frustrated as he’s always on the floor.

I also remember earlier in the season he was left to play as a lone striker which just isn’t his position. 

He’s similar to the “Emile Heskey” in the Michael Owen partnership many years ago.

• Like 1

Okazaki was so important to our title winning season - doing the dirty work and making the runs to give the likes of Vardy and Mahrez space to do what they did. 

However, he looks like his time is done and that he should now move on. Fuchs is moving on as we know anyway.

These guys should be treated the same way as any of that squad as absolute legends. Thanks for all the memories we will never forget.

Okazaki will do what ever it takes for the team and will run for days. He's got the right attitude but hes just not good enough in and around the penalty area, like Iheanacho. We can't have two strikers who don't know where the goal is and keep trying to bumble it over the line. Thats part of the reason why we lost yesterday. Credit to Newport tho. 

Lol my cousin is from Newport and he was giving me a headache last nite.

15 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Bit harsh on Fuchs despite his lack of closing down for the cross. He’s leaving at the end of this season but is good LB cover for Benny. Agree with you about Shinji though?

Agree that is is harsh on Fuchs. I still think Fuchs is better than Chilwell in terms of what the team needs. Remember the one game he had in December and he was easily the best player on the pitch?

With Shinji, I sadly agree. His is clumsy with the ball and is not good enough to play for us anymore ...

Edited by Tom12345

16 hours ago, Koke said:

Big overhaul incoming. Okazaki, Fuchs, Benalouane, Morgan, Simpson all put of contract. King, James, Silva, Iborra all surplus to requirements. Really shows the tough task for Puel to transition this squad whilst still keeping us in a respectable position.

The job Puel has done thus far is actually very underrated on here. He makes mistakes but the abuse he gets is a disgrace tbh.

I agree generally with what you are saying, but he does himself no favours. Look at yesterday, why not Maddison and Gray at half-time, or both before half-time. Why wait with Gray? Why Kingy instead of Ricardo?