Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

Shambles that they don’t deal with the Hamilton/Albon issue in the immediate aftermath. Why wait? It’s not like there are other incidents to look at. If Hamilton gets 5 seconds (he basically admitted it was his fault, and it was a similar incident to Ricciardo/Magnussen earlier that race), Sainz would be on the podium which, like Gasly, would be his first. Just make a bloody decision, surely can’t be that hard! 

6 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Shambles that they don’t deal with the Hamilton/Albon issue in the immediate aftermath. Why wait? It’s not like there are other incidents to look at. If Hamilton gets 5 seconds (he basically admitted it was his fault, and it was a similar incident to Ricciardo/Magnussen earlier that race), Sainz would be on the podium which, like Gasly, would be his first. Just make a bloody decision, surely can’t be that hard! 

They have a lot of other incidents to look at. If it was a slam dunk penalty then they'd have given it, i'm guessing its not that simple since Albon did leave a gap although i've not seen too many angles of it yet

7 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Yeah it is ridiculous, especially as it could be a McClaren on podium right? That'll be on their record without experiencing it

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

They have a lot of other incidents to look at. If it was a slam dunk penalty then they'd have given it, i'm guessing its not that simple since Albon did leave a gap although i've not seen too many angles of it yet

Hmm, just struggling to see what else they’d be looking at that could be more important in terms of the podium. If Sainz gets his first podium without being on it, I’ll be gutted for him.

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

Hmm, just struggling to see what else they’d be looking at that could be more important in terms of the podium. If Sainz gets his first podium without being on it, I’ll be gutted for him.

They gave Verstappen a penalty immediately a few years ago in Austin which removed him from the podium and feel like it's happened more recently too. But they've said theres a number of drivers under investigation for using DRS under yellows after Bottas parked up

On 17/11/2019 at 20:02, VinceNoir said:

With all that Money in F1....Makes VAR  decisions in football ,has the Perfect Timing platform...

On 17/11/2019 at 21:56, Legend_in_blue said:

Vettel needs to retire.  Totally lost his head once again as the red mist descended. 

Makes you think ,if he's mentality scrambled...his descision making in the past 2 seasons have basically confirmed even in his title years,his whole career has been riddled of showing Lack of mental aptitude and attitude with incompetent decision Making when ever he has been under stress....

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Makes you think ,if he's mentality scrambled...his descision making in the past 2 seasons have basically confirmed even in his title years,his whole career has been riddled of showing Lack of mental aptitude and attitude with incompetent decision Making when ever he has been under stress....

I think the same is true of Hamilton in some respects.  When he's under it, and that's not often, he too makes rash decisions.  I think when somebody does eventually challenge him on a regular and consistent basis, he'll crumble pretty quickly under the pressure.

For me Schumacher is still the greatest, he too made rash decisions on occasion (Hill, Villeneuve), but he never showed anything but the best until of course he semi-retired and then came back and his age caught up with him.

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I think the same is true of Hamilton in some respects.  When he's under it, and that's not often, he too makes rash decisions.  I think when somebody does eventually challenge him on a regular and consistent basis, he'll crumble pretty quickly under the pressure.

For me Schumacher is still the greatest, he too made rash decisions on occasion (Hill, Villeneuve), but he never showed anything but the best until of course he semi-retired and then came back and his age caught up with him.

Sorry I disagree..Hamilton is a racer,his discipline under pressure has been remarkable..he plays Games with his whining,like Schumacher,Play down your chances, Talk about the difficulties...track,weather,other teams advantages,Interplay your own....

Schumacher,Hamilton knew the game....Both have causes crashes when pushing,But they took calculated risk, with Vettels they have been blind mistakes...

I Don t Take sides,on drivers,I like them all for their different characters...F1 I Enjoy without taking Any tribal favourites....

Schumacher,Senna,Hamilton,Clarke all had that something extra on the track...I was Never interested in media-raves,or fans tribal Raves in F1.....

The shame is any One of the best 2-4 teams,for long periods give Any of the Top 2-4 F1 pilots,too much of an edge....!!!

alot of The German fan ,like some of the British fans,are Not all F1 hardened or loyal fans... They get over Zealous & OTT patriotic towards their very own national

Driver.....I will Stay an F1 fan,no matter which Driver proves is worth und Drives the Championship title for himself and his team....

Vettel IMO is a top driver,has been a top und deserved F1 winner....but doesnt have that same cut has the Previous mentioned.........