Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

All I've read on this again is penalties and retrospective action being brought against drivers. 

What was the race like?

Verstappen

Vettel 

Kvyat

Stroll

Sainz

Albon

7 DNF’s

Looking at that top 6.....guaranteed to be an eventful race. That is what F1 should be like every time. 

Edited by stix

44 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Off to Hungaroring this weekend. Anyone ever been?

First time watching a GP live so I’m well looking forward to it although it’ll be tough to beat the last three for entertainment! 

Went in 2012. Loved it. I sat on the final corner. Budapest my favourite city in the world. 

7 hours ago, isaidno said:

Went in 2012. Loved it. I sat on the final corner. Budapest my favourite city in the world. 

Nice one. We just have general admission tickets so hoping to watch from different parts of the circuit over the course of the three days. Looking forward to check out Budapest as well. Been twice but never as an adult. 

12 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Max gets his first pole of his career, is it time to take him seriously as a title challenger? It's been by far the best driver this season

Seems to have shaken off the immaturity/recklessness side to his driving and it's paying dividends. His battle with Hamilton will be great to watch hopefully for the rest of the season and beyond.

Today's qualifying was decent.

Despite the claims that Verstappen has improved in terms of maturity, I was somewhat expecting something disastrous to happen in trying to overtake him. Still, kudos to Honda in getting their engine working in the Red Bull so quickly (even with their experience with Torro Rosso). I wasn't expecting them to be anywhere this season.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Shame Max couldn't hold on to the win but it was a bold and brave call from Mercedes to pit Hamilton and it paid off. 

Decent race by Sainz & Albon to finish 5th and 10th respectively as well.

I have to disagree on the bold and brave call bit here. It was the smart choice, knowing how face Hamilton is on fresh tyres, he had second wrapped up anyway, pitting and telling him to go after Verstappen was only going to end one way.