Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No chance the stewards penalise a Ferrari at Monza ............. they’d never get out of there ! 

Yeah, and that's pretty shit isn't it. Fair enough, let him off pushing Hamilton off track when he wasn't a car length ahead of him if they didn't want to punish a Ferrari driver at Monza, but then ignoring him cutting a chicane and numerous double movements under breaking too, is pushing it.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah, and that's pretty shit isn't it. Fair enough, let him off pushing Hamilton off track when he wasn't a car length ahead of him if they didn't want to punish a Ferrari driver at Monza, but then ignoring him cutting a chicane and numerous double movements under breaking too, is pushing it.

You'd have thought a black and white flag for squeezing him off track, and then later on cutting the chicane and moving under braking would have been enough to get some sort of penalty???? I presume its not the same at T1 like it is at T2 where you outbrake yourself you have to follow that line around the outside? Drivers (such as Hamilton later on) should have just tried to make the corner anyway and cut the chicane since it loses you less time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's definitely some blind appreciation for Mercedes' strategy department from the media, they do some very weird and incorrect things a lot of the time. And telling Bottas to not go quick as to not undercut Hamilton? I know its unlikely Bottas will win but have Mercedes already called off the title fight?

Ferrari too, did the same at Belgium, only finished 4th(?) in the end because he had no pace all weekend. I don't buy this whole "call him in early to block Hamilton's charge on Leclerc later on"

And Alfa Romeo...... must be an Italian thing that they just seem to forget their 2nd driver (Raikkonen last few years at Ferrari). Swear early on he was 8th behind Norris, leaving your driver our at Singapore can sometimes work when there is someone else being a roadblock but in the end he was the roadblock. Not the first time this season thats happened

10 hours ago, Walkers said:

There's definitely some blind appreciation for Mercedes' strategy department from the media, they do some very weird and incorrect things a lot of the time. And telling Bottas to not go quick as to not undercut Hamilton? I know its unlikely Bottas will win but have Mercedes already called off the title fight?

Ferrari too, did the same at Belgium, only finished 4th(?) in the end because he had no pace all weekend. I don't buy this whole "call him in early to block Hamilton's charge on Leclerc later on"

And Alfa Romeo...... must be an Italian thing that they just seem to forget their 2nd driver (Raikkonen last few years at Ferrari). Swear early on he was 8th behind Norris, leaving your driver our at Singapore can sometimes work when there is someone else being a roadblock but in the end he was the roadblock. Not the first time this season thats happened

I think Merc get better rub of the green from the media because A)They're so dominant B)Ferrari's strategy, since they became the proper number 2 team again has been god awful in comparison. It's a strange year for Merc, while they have dominated for so long, this is probably the first year of their dominance where everything is nicely wrapped up this early on and they don't have anything to worry about.