Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

Probably because Kvyat has already been binned from Red Bull once already and they want to give the newer lad a chance. 

It might be a bit early for him but time will tell, and he can't do much worse than Gasly has been doing, getting lapped by his own team-mate in a winning car. 

• Like 1

I don't think Helmut particularly rates Kvyat tbh, he's shafted him twice and the only reason he got his seat back was the lack of talent on their bench so to speak. I've got to be honest though, I'd have definitely put Kvyat in the seat. Kvyat performed quite well with Danny Ric all things considered, a lot of his demotion was down to Vettel crying & Redbull desperate not to lose Max. Kvyat has pretty much nothing to lose either, if he flops he flops. But to put Albon in is quite risky, I mean his performance at Toro Rosso can be compared to Gasly last season, both performed to a reasonable level and both you'd have said deserved a chance at the seat. But to chuck him in now, when Max is in the form of his life and he's not even completed a full season does seem a bit careless to me. You've just ruined one of your big future prospect, why risk losing another when Kvyat was the perfect replacement, even if it was just till end of the season. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Walkers said:

I know hes not in their programme but I wonder if Red Bull will regret making a decision with Gasly/Albon already.. Hulkenberg would make a solid #2 for Verstappen

Not sure I'd agree, they'd be no aggro but I cant see Hulk performing well enough to allow them to compete with Ferrari. I reckon they're keeping their eyes on the Vettel situation, if you think about it if they could get him to play the kimi role with Max they'd be on to an absolute winner for 2021, idk what they do if Albon flops either, do they give kvyatt the shot? Unlikely and the pressure from Honda to have a Japanese driver whoever that ends up being could end up just waltzing into the seat 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not sure I'd agree, they'd be no aggro but I cant see Hulk performing well enough to allow them to compete with Ferrari. I reckon they're keeping their eyes on the Vettel situation, if you think about it if they could get him to play the kimi role with Max they'd be on to an absolute winner for 2021, idk what they do if Albon flops either, do they give kvyatt the shot? Unlikely and the pressure from Honda to have a Japanese driver whoever that ends up being could end up just waltzing into the seat 

Could they even afford Vettel alongside Verstappen? I wouldn't be surprised if they took the bold move and dumped Gasly or Kvyat from their programme, I guess you've got Matsushita in F2 who is alright on his day. Is Albon actually confirmed for 2020? He's been no more impressive than Gasly was for TR so again it wouldn't surprise me if he flopped and went back to TR and they lined up next year with something like Verstappen/new signing and Albon/Matsushita. Or maybe risk Albon for a year and keep Kvyat and do something similar to what you said for 2021.

Albon's rise is actually crazy, I thought he was no worse than Norris in F2 last year despite finishing below him and I got the impression he was a bit of a reluctant pick for the TR seat this year.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Could they even afford Vettel alongside Verstappen? I wouldn't be surprised if they took the bold move and dumped Gasly or Kvyat from their programme, I guess you've got Matsushita in F2 who is alright on his day. Is Albon actually confirmed for 2020? He's been no more impressive than Gasly was for TR so again it wouldn't surprise me if he flopped and went back to TR and they lined up next year with something like Verstappen/new signing and Albon/Matsushita. Or maybe risk Albon for a year and keep Kvyat and do something similar to what you said for 2021.

Albon's rise is actually crazy, I thought he was no worse than Norris in F2 last year despite finishing below him and I got the impression he was a bit of a reluctant pick for the TR seat this year.

I'm sure if the option was there, they'd definitely be able to bankroll it, both will have big sponsorship too and a chance to bring the golden child back. I think they'll keep Kvyat there for a number of seasons, because despite Helmut and the big wigs probably not rating him, he does have a good relationship with Toro Rosso and he's an experienced hand who's supposedly quite good when coming to setups. I don't really see the point in retaining Gasly now, his performance and how this is handled I just don't see him coming back from that, only reason to retain him is the bench is quite shallow with drivers with super licences. Albon and Kvyat were both confirmed for 2020, but they did say that they'd review where Albon is come the end of the season, his rise has been remarkable considering last year he almost didn't even get his F2 seat

He was one that was probably destined for F1 tbf, quite a lot of F2 drivers you know will never make it and have been hanging around that level for years. Just catching up on the race if thats what you want to call it, the mess left from the crash was one of the worst i've seen and you just knew there would be fatalities.

Saw that coming a mile off, pretty sure they wouldn't give themselves 20 seconds leeway to get around if they were the last car on track let alone when they're queueing up with 8 other cars

I remember a car at South Korea years back cutting across a chicane to gain time to set a laptime in quali and I think they were penalised for it? It's tactics and those cars that crossed the chicane at T1 should be penalised too, although drivers (Vettel inparticular) would argue they locked up and would be kinda hard to disprove

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Holy fvck. Did the driver survive that?! 

"

Condition of the driver: 

[FIA F3 account tweeted that he has been picked up by the medical car.]

(https://twitter.com/fiaformula3/status/1170264126737854464?s=21)

Edit: [Campos Racing tweet: “Alex is in the medical center of the circuit. Looks like he's ok. He will go to the hospital for more tests.”]

(https://twitter.com/CamposRacing/status/1170270041872523266?s=20)

Edit: [This is a Facebook post on Alex’s page](https://www.facebook.com/1549834318565853/posts/2384335228449087/)

>Message to Alex's supporters: He is in hospital doing well and recovering from concussion and a fracture to a vertebra. Team Peroni wish to thank all of those people that have expressed concern and a particular thank you to the many wonderful medical staff at the Monza circuit and at the Ospedale San Gerardo of Monza." 

From the looks of it he got out pretty okay