Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I have a home gym set up which is my best ever investment. Only cost about £700 for everything and that was about 7 years ago. Quite easy to go and work out as don’t need to think about travelling anywhere or queues etc.

Any NYNM wankers been spotted in there?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve literally completely fallen off the wagon, I’m drinking and smoking again doing no exercise at all and getting fat.

I need to refocus and discipline myself, I could run a half marathon at the drop of a hat 12 months ago. I can barely run up the stairs again now.

Roll down them instead tubbs.

Getting back in to the swing of things again with the gym now - 4 days there last week and two already this week, I’ve always been to cardio focused in the past as I detest lifting weights, but I’ve tried to add more resistance stuff in to what I’m doing - I’ve got a burst of motivation for it all again - which will probably fade after a Maccies breakfast on Saturday morning after a couple of light ales on Friday night lol 

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Finding it really hard to put weight on at the moment. Besides from eating more, how do people do it? I must be consuming 2500 Ish calories but still not putting much on

The average man burns 2500 calories without working out. If you are only eating that then you won’t gain weight. Consuming more calories than you burn is the only way to gain weight so you simply have to eat more. If you struggle with your appetite then eat more calorie dense foods. Fatty meat/fish, nuts, protein shakes, milkshakes etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The average man burns 2500 calories without working out. If you are only eating that then you won’t gain weight. Consuming more calories than you burn is the only way to gain weight so you simply have to eat more. If you struggle with your appetite then eat more calorie dense foods. Fatty meat/fish, nuts, protein shakes, milkshakes etc. 

2500 calories? Really did not realise that.

Got protein shakes at home but can never get myself up for drinking them, but might start maybe having them in the morning and after I go to the gym in the evening. Think I just need to focus on getting more protein and calorie dense food as you’ve said.

13 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

2500 calories? Really did not realise that.

Got protein shakes at home but can never get myself up for drinking them, but might start maybe having them in the morning and after I go to the gym in the evening. Think I just need to focus on getting more protein and calorie dense food as you’ve said.

Yeah big time. I’m cutting down atm on 2000 calories. You don’t need to eat shakes just enough calories and protein. Try and find high calorie foods that you enjoy. Do you like pizza? Have one of them for dinner with a chicken breast and you’ll be laughing. 

58 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Finding it really hard to put weight on at the moment. Besides from eating more, how do people do it? I must be consuming 2500 Ish calories but still not putting much on

Welcome to my world :(

I probably eat 2000 calories a day max but that's partly because I had large bowel removed years ago and just can't eat the volume anymore.

My PT suggested protein shakes but each one is about 800 calories and after I've drank it I'm then full for the whole day and not hungry.

The fact I get a sweat on at the gym most days means I'll never gain weight so I've just accepted I'm a white Mo Farah :thumbup:

Weird cos I can feel myself getting stronger but I’m just not putting on much weight.

I eat quite a bit in the day, I just don’t think I have enough for breakfast. Despite being someone who eats a lot, I’ve not really ever had an appetite in the morning and normally just have a banana with my coffee.

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

Welcome to my world :(

I probably eat 2000 calories a day max but that's partly because I had large bowel removed years ago and just can't eat the volume anymore.

My PT suggested protein shakes but each one is about 800 calories and after I've drank it I'm then full for the whole day and not hungry.

The fact I get a sweat on at the gym most days means I'll never gain weight so I've just accepted I'm a white Mo Farah :thumbup:

800 calories? Mine are much less than that, seems like quite a lot tbh.

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Weird cos I can feel myself getting stronger but I’m just not putting on much weight.

I eat quite a bit in the day, I just don’t think I have enough for breakfast. Despite being someone who eats a lot, I’ve not really ever had an appetite in the morning and normally just have a banana with my coffee.

Same here Matt. I've never felt stronger and more toned but I can't put bulk on.

It is what it is though. If you look at long distance runners or lightweight boxers, they're still fit and strong and will never be big guys. It's also down to genetics and metabolism so I've just accepted I am who I am and can only try and be the fittest and strongest I can be.

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

800 calories? Mine are much less than that, seems like quite a lot tbh.

My PT told me my shakes are between 800 - 1000 calories. 

300g of Mass Gainer mixed with 700ml of water. (I think Mass Gainer shakes have more calories than just Protein ones?) I use this stuff and it tastes nice:

Reflex Nutrition Instant Mass Heavyweight Mass Protein Powder 1000 Calories Per Serving with 18 Vitamins inc B12, B6, C, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Chromium 60g Protein (Chocolate perfection) (5.4kg)

Just makes me feel full and bloated after though so I might just have a Big Mac and fries instead :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Have you actually HONESTLY tracked your calories for 7 consecutive days? 99% of people think they eat more than they actually do.

Track them every day for a month, (doesn't take long at all), weigh yourself every day and take an average each week. If your weight is going up then you're eating enough, if not then eat 200 more cals a day.

Protein = 2g/kg and just aim to get stronger on basic lifts, bench, squat, pull ups etc. Don't over complicate anything.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Same here Matt. I've never felt stronger and more toned but I can't put bulk on.

It is what it is though. If you look at long distance runners or lightweight boxers, they're still fit and strong and will never be big guys. It's also down to genetics and metabolism so I've just accepted I am who I am and can only try and be the fittest and strongest I can be.

My PT told me my shakes are between 800 - 1000 calories. 

300g of Mass Gainer mixed with 700ml of water. (I think Mass Gainer shakes have more calories than just Protein ones?) I use this stuff and it tastes nice:

Reflex Nutrition Instant Mass Heavyweight Mass Protein Powder 1000 Calories Per Serving with 18 Vitamins inc B12, B6, C, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Chromium 60g Protein (Chocolate perfection) (5.4kg)

Just makes me feel full and bloated after though so I might just have a Big Mac and fries instead :D

They look like some big protein shakes lol. And yeah, I sound pretty similar to you in that regard. I’ve been fairly toned for the past 18 months or so, my body fat is probably just above over 10%. I just can’t bulk that well, although since I’ve started going back to the gym I have felt stronger than I did before, so we will see.

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

Have you actually HONESTLY tracked your calories for 7 consecutive days? 99% of people think they eat more than they actually do.

Track them every day for a month, (doesn't take long at all), weigh yourself every day and take an average each week. If your weight is going up then you're eating enough, if not then eat 200 more cals a day.

Protein = 2g/kg and just aim to get stronger on basic lifts, bench, squat, pull ups etc. Don't over complicate anything.

I can’t say I track them like you’ve said, might sound like an idea. Are there apps for this? Seems a good shout mate.

Beat my PB for doing the Plank earlier, 5 mins 28 secs - not bad for an old fvcker :D

I might not be able to lift heavy weights but I’m a pretty decent planker. That’s PLanker :thumbup:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Trying to bulk up a bit but tone the waistline at the same time

Tricky

Yeah you can’t do both at same time. Focus on either cutting to a lower body fat and then slowly bulking, or just **** it and bulk now lol. 

• Like 1