Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

5 hours ago, The Blur said:

The last one I did was EMOM-  push up,  squats and burpees x12 in 3 sets along with varierty of various sit up exercises but I am feeling it most in my arms and quads so I think its linked to the former.   It appears that there is no pattern to each workouts and it varies from previous videos I looked at.  

Sounds like could be anything then. You will have doms due to not using the muscles in a while. A days rest between workouts would be fine and the more you do the more your muscles will get used to it and won’t get sore.

• 1 month later...

Probably about the 7th time in my life that I've tried to lose weight, normally I do well for a week or two then give up. With the good weather atm, I'm going for a regular cycle of around 10-15km every night, as well as counting my calories. I started Monday morning and have done well so far, will weigh myself Monday morning and hopefully I've lost some. Only issue is that I'll probably have multiple beers on Saturday, but hopefully that won't have too much of an effect on the overall week. My favourite snack/lunch is some salad with cold chicken breast pieces, fills you up for a few hours and ticks you over until dinner. Usually have 3 or 4 cups of tea a day too, with 1 sugar in each of them, I've changed that to 1 sweetner, which doesn't sound much of a difference but that saves me probably around 60-80 calories everyday.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably about the 7th time in my life that I've tried to lose weight, normally I do well for a week or two then give up. With the good weather atm, I'm going for a regular cycle of around 10-15km every night, as well as counting my calories. I started Monday morning and have done well so far, will weigh myself Monday morning and hopefully I've lost some. Only issue is that I'll probably have multiple beers on Saturday, but hopefully that won't have too much of an effect on the overall week. My favourite snack/lunch is some salad with cold chicken breast pieces, fills you up for a few hours and ticks you over until dinner. Usually have 3 or 4 cups of tea a day too, with 1 sugar in each of them, I've changed that to 1 sweetner, which doesn't sound much of a difference but that saves me probably around 60-80 calories everyday.

Keep going mate, set yourself a step target every day too, amazing what can be achieved if you stay consistent!

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't get too disheartened if when you weigh yourself not much has changed. I've been doing 10 miles every day for over a month and I've lost fvck all but I absolutely feel much fitter.

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lost 0.3kg in the first week, I'm pleased with that. I had a takeaway Friday and beers & gin on Saturday, so was worried that might ruin the week for me. Here's to another week, going to keep cycling with the odd walk thrown in.

Well done mate, the hardest bit is getting that routine in. But once you get into it, you'll find the whole thing much easier

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Getting to the stage now where I'd give my left nut to go back the gym. Apart from going on the odd run, I just can't get motivated to do stuff at home.

Bloody relate, I can't explain the logic but I can get in a mental space to push myself and workout at the gym that I just can't hit at home. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bloody relate, I can't explain the logic but I can get in a mental space to push myself and workout at the gym that I just can't hit at home. 

Let's be honest, it's because we can impress the ladies there :claudio:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Getting to the stage now where I'd give my left nut to go back the gym. Apart from going on the odd run, I just can't get motivated to do stuff at home.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Soooooo much this and this.

I even thought about asking the gym if they would loan me some of their kit. I'd totally fork out for it.

It's not like they'll be opening for a long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Soooooo much this and this. I even thought about asking the gym if they would loan me some of their kit. I'd totally fork out for it. It's not like they'll be opening for a long time.

Agree with all this. I'm gagging to be on a treadmill watching telly and being motivated to have proper workouts.

I've gained so much wieght over lockdown I was 12 and a half stone but now I am 16 stone not having gym has really screwed me over checked my bmi today I am now offically obese so there it is im a fat ****. I would start exercising again but I dont know where to start without equipment.

I need the gym back ASAP.

Any advice on what you can do at home with no equipment?

Edited by Fightforever
Typos

5 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I've gained so much wieght over lockdown I was 12 and a half stone but now I am 16 stone not having gym has really screwed me over checked my bmi today I am now offically obese so there it is im a fat ****. I would start exercising again but I dont know where to start without equipment.

Go jogging and every km do pushups and squats. Week two do burpees. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fightforever said:

If you've got a bit of space and youtube, there's plenty of HIIT workouts available that require no equipment. 20-30 minutes a day will help a lot in improving your fitness levels again. 

You can spend 60-90 minutes in a gym, but if you're weight lifting there's a very good chance that you're probably only working out for 20-30 minutes anyway. I've found doing these home HIIT workouts have helped me no end. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Saw the in laws yesterday for the first time since January. My MIL has been doing Joe Wicks PE and she's lost SO much weight over lockdown! I tend to use the Fitnessblender youtube workouts - here's a 5 day programme to get you started: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/day-1-fitness-blenders-5-day-workout-challenge-to-burn-fat-and-build-lean-muscle 

• Thanks 1

I’ve said this a few times in here, try insanity max 30. It’s probably not an entry level work out but 30 minutes a day 5 days a week and it’s probably got me in the shape of my life.

Happy to share the videos with anyone if you PM me, you will need a Gmail email account though.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fightforever said:

how the **** have you put that much on? lol , get your diet in check and just get jogging for now. Body weight exercises are good, but I think you get the best results outside your home so you're not distracted 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

how the **** have you put that much on? lol , get your diet in check and just get jogging for now. Body weight exercises are good, but I think you get the best results outside your home so you're not distracted 

Its like you know me haha. My life style has been about as stationary as it gets plus with all the extra time my partner seems to be making food 24/7 and I can't resist since eating seems to be one of the few things to look foward to in lockdown.

Shed the best part of 3.5 stone this year and need to be careful it doesn't go back on. Wasn't a big lad but wanted to get back to my 3rd year uni weight and feel fitter in the process.

Was on furlough April, May and June and was hammering walks etc outside of work hours (despite not having to work regardless), would get up at 6ish and walk for bloody miles, proper set up for the day knowing it's in the bag. Since coming off furlough I made a pact to myself I'd at least try and get some exercise in before the working day but just can't bloody manage it. Caning big bike rides on the Saturdays and the odd smaller ride after work, but I don't know why my weekday morning motivation has fallen off a cliff since going back to work, it's from home so there's not much faff in the mornings, either.

Anyone manage to get their arse out of their pit before work, is it just a case of building some momentum? Get the first one down and it'll feel easier?

• Like 1

On 25/06/2020 at 14:17, Leicester_Loyal said:

Porridge has been an absolute revelation for me with weight loss. Can have a bloody massive portion of the stuff without overstepping your cals if you're counting, throw a load of fruit in it, slow energy release - it's 10/10 stuff

16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Porridge has been an absolute revelation for me with weight loss. Can have a bloody massive portion of the stuff without overstepping your cals if you're counting, throw a load of fruit in it, slow energy release - it's 10/10 stuff

Have to say its bloody brilliant seeing tips on staying healthy etc with Alan Brazil's near exploding head as the profile pic lol

• Haha 1