Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

1 minute ago, Ollie93 said:

Agree with @leicesterlad1989. Do you track your steps? Every smart phone has a step counter, just have a look what you average a week, add 1000 and stick too that. Then add another 1000 etc. Soon fall off.

Tbf I get quite a few steps in at work, probably 7k+ a day. I think my main issue is eating crap because I work shifts, so I'm hoping to cut down on that and lose a small amount of weight over the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Loved it and got hooked then ended up tearing two tendons in my shoulder and had 5 months off work and a nice big scar.

School of callesentics- Google it.

BUT take it easy

What exercise bud ? Muscle ups? Managed to get the press up position with no legs, struggling to do a press up though lol. Nearly got the front lever to just slightly angled upwards.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tbf I get quite a few steps in at work, probably 7k+ a day. I think my main issue is eating crap because I work shifts, so I'm hoping to cut down on that and lose a small amount of weight over the coming weeks.

Sure, shift work is hard as tiredness increases levels of Grehlin, which is the hormone for hunger. My advice is to prepare meals before work. you ideally want meals which have large volumes for small calorific content. White potatoes and chicken is a classic.

19 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

What exercise bud ? Muscle ups? Managed to get the press up position with no legs, struggling to do a press up though lol. Nearly got the front lever to just slightly angled upwards.

Mastered the frog stand for over a minute.

Peacock pose- killed it

Couldn't do a muscle up to save my life.

I was doing 20+ clapping press ups,loads of Burpees etc

Enjoyed doing leg raises as far up as I could on the chin up bar.

Only managed 8-10 chin ups- just ain't got the core strength for it!

Main goal was human flag...no chance!!!!

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 12:55, Izzy said:

Beat my PB for doing the Plank earlier, 5 mins 28 secs - not bad for an old fvcker :D

I might not be able to lift heavy weights but I’m a pretty decent planker. That’s PLanker :thumbup:

Izzy,try an active plank as you've mastered the plank.

Basically you imagine on either side of your body is a sheet of ice,one on the left,one on the right- you aim is to hold these sheets of ice together!

The burn is a killer- do THIS for 5 minutes and I'll buy you a coffee!!   

• Like 2

On 04/02/2020 at 19:13, TheUltimateWinner said:

I also have that struggle.

I tried with high calorie shakes but I found myself missing out at meal times as I was too bloated. I've finally started putting some proper weight on by doing heavy weights whenever I go (variating between deadlift, squats & chest press) and having an extra meal (normally pasta) in the afternoon.

Not too sure if this works for you, but I sometimes have one after I’ve eaten at lunchtime. I still eat as much as I would for lunch but get that added protein which keeps me going for the afternoon too.

• Thanks 1

Stood next to a skinny bird on the StairMaster today in awe of her fitness levels.

When I got on and looked at her display she'd already done 4000 steps in 30 minutes and she was going flat out on the top level 20. When I got off 30 minutes later (after 3000 steps that I was quite proud of lol) she was on 8000 steps! I then went and did some weights for an hour and she was still on the StairMaster! 

She must have done 16000 steps in two hours. Fvckin incredible stamina.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Stood next to a skinny bird on the StairMaster today in awe of her fitness levels.

When I got on and looked at her display she'd already done 4000 steps in 30 minutes and she was going flat out on the top level 20. When I got off 30 minutes later (after 3000 steps that I was quite proud of lol) she was on 8000 steps! I then went and did some weights for an hour and she was still on the StairMaster! 

Ouch, that machine is brutal.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I always set it to measure the activity in floors climbed.

120 floors ascended (taes about 30 minutes) is my record, by which stage I'm a sweaty, breathless mess.  

Nowhere near 4k steps, I wouldn't think.

16,000 steps sounds like madness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SystonFox said:

7k steps per day? No offence but that’s nowt. I’ve barely moved in meetings all day and I’ve done 5k.

What do you use to count your steps? Because I’m pretty much walking round for my job alone seven hours a day and my iPhone never says I do more than 6k steps when I get home from work and it’s constantly in my pocket. 

1 hour ago, BroughtonFox said:

What do you use to count your steps? Because I’m pretty much walking round for my job alone seven hours a day and my iPhone never says I do more than 6k steps when I get home from work and it’s constantly in my pocket. 

I used to use “health” on my iPhone. Think it’s not very reliable though, as it includes some steps if you’re in the car etc. I know some people who use apps, but they look like they’d drain your battery big time.

31 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I used to use “health” on my iPhone. Think it’s not very reliable though, as it includes some steps if you’re in the car etc. I know some people who use apps, but they look like they’d drain your battery big time.

I use health, if you use it consistently however, it becomes inconsistently consistent lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

120 floors ascended (taes about 30 minutes) is my record, by which stage I'm a sweaty, breathless mess.  

When I do 2000 steps on level 12 that’s 125 floors. 

16000 steps must be 1000 floors. That makes sense, I imagine 1000 floors must be her target for a session. Madness indeed!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Apple Watch and I used to have a Fitbit I would regularly clock up 15k steps without trying too much. Admittedly you can clock up steps just by raving about in the car but I’d say it’s not far off accurate

16 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Apple Watch and I used to have a Fitbit I would regularly clock up 15k steps without trying too much. Admittedly you can clock up steps just by raving about in the car but I’d say it’s not far off accurate

I have a desk job, so obviously some hours I don't move much. I get a reminder every hour at 10 to the hour if I haven't done 250 steps in that hour. Times I've completed the 250 by not actually getting up from my desk lol

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I used to be a beast on that but nothing like Izzy described. Did half an hour with 30 second intervals on 15 and 30 on 20. No idea how many floors I cleared but that was me coming off dripping and nearly passing out.