Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

Photos from Dubai to somewhere I can't remember and then Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. 

Really enjoying this. Only frustration atm is getting the flight to end properly. I shut down the engine and turn off the power once parked but it doesn't complete the objective. Lots of little bugs to be fixed. Look forward to the first update. 

unknown-17.jpg

unknown-15.jpg

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Photos from Dubai to somewhere I can't remember and then Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. 

Really enjoying this. Only frustration atm is getting the flight to end properly. I shut down the engine and turn off the power once parked but it doesn't complete the objective. Lots of little bugs to be fixed. Look forward to the first update. 

unknown-17.jpg

unknown-15.jpg

Always love seeing your photos Daz :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Cheers Iz, hope you're well mate x

All good dude thanks. Off to Devon for a week tomorrow so looking forward to a break.
Must meet up again when all this shit is over mate :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

All good dude thanks. Off to Devon for a week tomorrow so looking forward to a break.
Must meet up again when all this shit is over mate :)

yes mate would be good to see you. been a mental couple of years since the last time we met up tbh. lots of catch up on!

49 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Good to see you back mate. 

thanks mate - appreciated! only really back for this thread!

• Like 1

Is there an easy way to check if your PC has a good enough spec to run this? Like where would I go find the min. spec. details on Steam and then find out those details on the PC?

Proper novice comment but just not sure how to double check it will run it ok.

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Is there an easy way to check if your PC has a good enough spec to run this? Like where would I go find the min. spec. details on Steam and then find out those details on the PC?

Proper novice comment but just not sure how to double check it will run it ok.

list your spec and i'll help you out

list your spec and i'll help you out

You'll probably laugh but I actually don't completely know. I've had the laptop about 3 years, I bought it for work and I usually just use it for Football Manager and the odd little casual game but this game looks so good I want to see if it's doable or if I should upgrade.

I know it's got windows 10, an i5 processor and 16GB ram but not sure how to find info about what graphics card I have?

24 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

You'll probably laugh but I actually don't completely know. I've had the laptop about 3 years, I bought it for work and I usually just use it for Football Manager and the odd little casual game but this game looks so good I want to see if it's doable or if I should upgrade.

I know it's got windows 10, an i5 processor and 16GB ram but not sure how to find info about what graphics card I have?

ok so:

go to windows 10 start bar

type 'system'

click on 'system information'

on the page that opens look for 'processor' and give me the full name of your processor - it'll be i5 'something'

then click on 'components' on the left hand tree and then click 'display'

then tell me the name of your graphics card next to the 'name' heading. 

thanks

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

ok so:

go to windows 10 start bar

type 'system'

click on 'system information'

on the page that opens look for 'processor' and give me the full name of your processor - it'll be i5 'something'

then click on 'components' on the left hand tree and then click 'display'

then tell me the name of your graphics card next to the 'name' heading. 

thanks

Nice one! It's i5-5200U CPU @2.2GHz and the Graphics is Intel HD Graphics 5500. Sounds like quite a basic one to me so maybe no good?

I realise I probably could have Googled this now so appreciate the help. I wasn't sure if there was a quick way of doing it on Steam or something!

10 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Nice one! It's i5-5200U CPU @2.2GHz and the Graphics is Intel HD Graphics 5500. Sounds like quite a basic one to me so maybe no good?

I realise I probably could have Googled this now so appreciate the help. I wasn't sure if there was a quick way of doing it on Steam or something!

Alternative is to get the game and see how it works. Steam have a full refund policy if you play less than 2 hours and that it's refunded within a week (I think, worth checking) of purchasing. There was some clarification provided on this (link below) as the bulk of the download is within the game as people were concerned they'd miss out. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-18-steam-users-want-microsoft-flight-simulator-refund-time-extended

Edit* You also can trial PC game pass for a quid too which this is included within. 

Edited by Zear0
Added Gamepass blurb
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Alternative is to get the game and see how it works. Steam have a full refund policy if you play less than 2 hours and that it's refunded within a week (I think, worth checking) of purchasing. There was some clarification provided on this (link below) as the bulk of the download is within the game as people were concerned they'd miss out. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-18-steam-users-want-microsoft-flight-simulator-refund-time-extended

Edit* You also can trial PC game pass for a quid too which this is included within. 

I think there have been a number of complaints Re the refund policy. In most circumstances the install takes longer than 2 hours thus meaning you will miss out on the 2 hour refund window. 

I would go with the Xbox Game pass 1 month trial for £1.

41 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

hi again mate.

cool thanks for grabbing the info. 

sorry to say but i think you're going to struggle with those specs tbh. it's in-built GPU and even some of the proper gaming laptops with decent GPUs are struggling for decent frames. the CPU is fairly limiting as well I reckon.

you could do what the guys have said and try the xbox games pass version for £1 but I reckon you'll download the 90gb and be disappointed. 

if you're on unlimited internet there's nothing to lose though! 

good luck 

• Like 1

hi again mate.

cool thanks for grabbing the info. 

sorry to say but i think you're going to struggle with those specs tbh. it's in-built GPU and even some of the proper gaming laptops with decent GPUs are struggling for decent frames. the CPU is fairly limiting as well I reckon.

you could do what the guys have said and try the xbox games pass version for £1 but I reckon you'll download the 90gb and be disappointed. 

if you're on unlimited internet there's nothing to lose though! 

good luck 

Cheers man, appreciate the help! I thought this might be the case, time for an upgrade I think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This game is just so awesome. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the freedom to go anywhere is incredible. 

Going to fly the Hebrides close tonight I think.

In previous games I've always been about flying the "heavies" but i'm really enjoying the smaller aircraft in this one and just sightseeing

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

This game is just so awesome. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the freedom to go anywhere is incredible. 

Going to fly the Hebrides close tonight I think.

In previous games I've always been about flying the "heavies" but i'm really enjoying the smaller aircraft in this one and just sightseeing

Similar experience here. I flew out of Scotland yesterday evening in the 172 and headed over the North Sea to Norway, arriving just as it got dark.

I spent most of my time over Scotland in the clouds unable to see anything, relying on my nav systems entirely, to then emerge from the clouds and it looked incredible, unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a sim before. Clear skies ahead, with clouds behind and to the left and right for as far as I could see.

• Like 1

Just finished this evenings flight.

Departed a rainy Leeds Bradford Airport for the short cruise to a slightly more pleasant Amsterdam. As always, managed to capture a few in game screen shots, my favorite of which are posted below.

Nice Scenery shot.

1.thumb.jpg.a521b7810af10662ef536ff3c4c8aab6.jpg

Awaiting push back from Leeds Bradford.

2.thumb.jpg.b75abf65b90b696d70671d915e55d2fa.jpg

Exiting the Leeds Bradford strip.

3.thumb.jpg.615d952cf13feec3dca0231feb8e3b9b.jpg

Cruise over the North Sea.

4.thumb.jpg.460ccc791c24f16fe41f04d9fe7e0bbd.jpg

Touch down in Amsterdam.

5.thumb.jpg.f2c9b2946be55e364324f078d1c4f879.jpg

Glad to see that everyone is enjoying this Sim as much as me.

Whilst i am here - I have purchased the below payware from the Market Place and include my opinions below;

London City Airport - Nicely detailed and a unique Airport to fly in and out of. Convenient for exploring central London and another option for a UK hand crafted Airport other than Heathrow.

London City Scenery (Orbx) - A little bit disappointed with this, as are many other customers. Not as detailed as i would have hoped for Payware that only focuses on a specific area. Detail was lacking and i would have liked to have seen more handcrafted landmarks, even places like Wembley are missing and they would look great from the sky. I feel that it has been rushed for release and would not recommend.

Leeds Bradford Airport - Very detailed and a great option for flying to and from the UK outside of Heathrow and London City Airport. Scenery on the airport, and surrounding, are pleasing and overall i would recommend this airport for the price.

Whilst i would like to buy Innsbruck, i am reluctant as it is already hand crafted in game and will suffice for my needs for now. I am hoping for more UK airports in the near future, particularly East Midlands. I feel we are more likely to get something like Birmingham or Manchester - Maybe even Dublin.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3