Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

What specs you got?

I haven't played a flight sim for ages. Might get back into it.

I’ve got:

i5-9600k (overclocked to 5ghz)

32gb 3200mhz ram

rtx 2060 6gb 

My video card does the job and I can run XP11 on pretty much max settings, but to get the most out of it an 8gb card would be better.

Oh and 4TB of HDD space for photo real scenery of most of Europe and North America.

Edited by Wet Trump
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 19:56, stripeyfox said:

so this looks pretty impressive, although I suspect my PC would sound like an actual jet engine if I tried to run it. But I see an Xbox one version is coming which probably could be of interest!

thoughts on the upcoming MS Flight Simulator @Wet Trump ?

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

thoughts on the upcoming MS Flight Simulator @Wet Trump ?

Visually stunning. With x-plane 11 so far I’ve bought 4TB of HDD space dedicated to storing downloaded ortho photo scenery, which is free to download but the HDD space comes at a cost. The new FS streams the same scenery and does so pretty well by the sounds of it with your average U.K. connection. In theory the whole world, assuming it’s available on Bing maps should be available out of the box.

I’ve followed the development through this year and some of the screenshots they’re putting out I’ve really had to look twice to work out if it’s real or the sim.

I’ve also heard that it won’t require a top end PC to run it, although you’d probably need mid- top end which is where I sit at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out on Xbox, as addons and joysticks etc are a big part of Flight Sims.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

Visually stunning. With x-plane 11 so far I’ve bought 4TB of HDD space dedicated to storing downloaded ortho photo scenery, which is free to download but the HDD space comes at a cost. The new FS streams the same scenery and does so pretty well by the sounds of it with your average U.K. connection. In theory the whole world, assuming it’s available on Bing maps should be available out of the box.

I’ve followed the development through this year and some of the screenshots they’re putting out I’ve really had to look twice to work out if it’s real or the sim.

I’ve also heard that it won’t require a top end PC to run it, although you’d probably need mid- top end which is where I sit at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out on Xbox, as addons and joysticks etc are a big part of Flight Sims.

yes, I'm intrigued by the Xbox version. I don't think my PC will handle it and I don't have loads of time to devote to it, so an xbox version would suit the more "casual" player I guess - providing it isn't too "dumbed down"

53 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yes, I'm intrigued by the Xbox version. I don't think my PC will handle it and I don't have loads of time to devote to it, so an xbox version would suit the more "casual" player I guess - providing it isn't too "dumbed down"

I’d like to think you’d get the base version and with any luck (if they aren’t already) some of the yoke / throttle hardware are compatible with the Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-30-microsoft-flight-simulator-is-a-once-in-a-generation-wow-moment

Now its out of Alpha and into Beta (and soon to launch) there'll be much more content being shared. Think they had a pretty watertight NDA for those in the alpha so videos were few and far between outside of official ones. 

Looks really impressive. Let's hope some of the mods (my PMDG 777 particularly) can get moved across as the p3d/fs/xp community have made some outstanding content. Prelosd appeared on gamepass the other day too! 

On 30/07/2020 at 08:23, Zear0 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-30-microsoft-flight-simulator-is-a-once-in-a-generation-wow-moment

Now its out of Alpha and into Beta (and soon to launch) there'll be much more content being shared. Think they had a pretty watertight NDA for those in the alpha so videos were few and far between outside of official ones. 

Looks really impressive. Let's hope some of the mods (my PMDG 777 particularly) can get moved across as the p3d/fs/xp community have made some outstanding content. Prelosd appeared on gamepass the other day too! 

You’re right, there’s loads of content doing the rounds at the moment.

Thats one thing that x plane 11 is lacking - PMDG level long haulers, looking forward to being able to do some longer flight.

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

looks amazing, really impressed. But it will probably melt my PC so best get saving for a new one!

I've done an awful lot of research as I am in a similar position.

A lot of the research and feedback from people who had access to the Beta say its not as demanding a game as first thought.

The world map and realism of scenery looks great but I cant help feel when I see the videos on YouTube of the flying its a bit GTA'esque.

• Like 1