Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

Well, I have to say - I am very impressed.

I have purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition from Steam but have used the 'Game Pass' 1 month @ £1.00 with my country changed in order to get a bit of a play before release as i am back work tomorrow.

I am managing to play on 'ultra' Settings without lag on the below system which i am shocked about as i was expecting 'Medium - Low'. I have experimented with the different weathers and busier areas such as New York and it still runs smooth.

--------------------------------------

My PC

- i7-6700K

- GTX 1080

- 32GB RAM

- 500GB SSD (Installed to this drive for increased loading times)

- 1TB HDD

As you can see, far from the highest end PC.

------------------------------------------------------

As for Leicester, i managed to follow the Motorway from E.M.A through to Markfield, Ratby and Leicester City and it was all true to real life with the road layouts albeit the buildings are computer generated. The Football / Rugby stadiums are not stadiums as such when up close, more like office blocks with a space in the middle, however from a distance (Which is how you will be actually flying) they look very good.

I haven't played around with too many settings, nor have i assigned preferred button layout to my Thurst Master stick as i will only have to do it all again when i Uninstall and Re Install via Steam tomorrow.

Still no liveries however the Market Place is already live with a couple of airports and a reworked London. All very reasonably priced given the amount of effort that has been put in to them. The Market Place is set out cleanly and seems easy to purchase add on's.

Can't wait to get it downloaded officially from steam, assign my preferences and controls and actually fly properly with a full flight plan etc.

Scenery is amazing. 

Reassuring to know that you don't need a top end PC to get very satisfying results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Well, I have to say - I am very impressed.

I have purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition from Steam but have used the 'Game Pass' 1 month @ £1.00 with my country changed in order to get a bit of a play before release as i am back work tomorrow.

I am managing to play on 'ultra' Settings without lag on the below system which i am shocked about as i was expecting 'Medium - Low'. I have experimented with the different weathers and busier areas such as New York and it still runs smooth.

--------------------------------------

My PC

- i7-6700K

- GTX 1080

- 32GB RAM

- 500GB SSD (Installed to this drive for increased loading times)

- 1TB HDD

As you can see, far from the highest end PC.

------------------------------------------------------

Reassuring to know that you don't need a top end PC to get very satisfying results.

Thats good to know. I've got a very old non gaming PC and a noy quite as old barely capable laptop.

Was looking at something new, especially since my niece has hijacked my laptop.

Not working full-time atm, so hoping to not have to break the bank if/when I do decide to take the plunge.

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Thats good to know. I've got a very old non gaming PC and a noy quite as old barely capable laptop.

Was looking at something new, especially since my niece has hijacked my laptop.

Not working full-time atm, so hoping to not have to break the bank if/when I do decide to take the plunge.

If you go for something similar to my specs you will be more than happy and it will be more than affordable too in comparison to the set ups you see on Youtube which are like 3k.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

I’ve decided to delete the game pass version and install the version I paid for, deluxe. Should hopefully give the 787 a go later on today.

I shall be doing that when I get home from work.

Can't wait for the download process again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Is there a demo available to see if this will run?

no but you can sign up to the month trial of xbox game pass on PC for £1 and download the standard version from there. 

tbf I've been managing to switch between the two game pass trials for £1 for months now. 

• Thanks 1

Struggling with low FPS when trying the 787 today. The other airliners are quite poor on performance too, so may need to tweak a few settings.

Struggling with the autopilot on most of the airliners too, feels like there’s a lot of work to be done.

2 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

Struggling with low FPS when trying the 787 today. The other airliners are quite poor on performance too, so may need to tweak a few settings.

Struggling with the autopilot on most of the airliners too, feels like there’s a lot of work to be done.

the 787 isn't well optimised yet - it wasn't included in the alpha / beta testing so I think they've got a lot of work to do on that yet. all the big streamers have complained of low FPS using the other two airliners other than the A380.

autopilot is also bugged at the moment apparently. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

the 787 isn't well optimised yet - it wasn't included in the alpha / beta testing so I think they've got a lot of work to do on that yet. all the big streamers have complained of low FPS using the other two airliners other than the A380.

autopilot is also bugged at the moment apparently. 

Yeah I tried descending in the 787 by FL CH and it maxed out at about -1200fpm, but needed to descend a bit steeper so switched to VS -1800 and nothing happened. 

I’m sure it’ll get there, I’ll be keeping an eye on the updates. In the meantime I might just fly the Cessna 172 and enjoy the scenery.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

no but you can sign up to the month trial of xbox game pass on PC for £1 and download the standard version from there. 

tbf I've been managing to switch between the two game pass trials for £1 for months now. 

Thanks

The ultimate or standard pass? both are a £1 but I see the other one rolls on to a higher subscription... 

Edit: Ahhhh just saw you mentioned standard. 

Edited by Collymore

It's amazing how my PC seems to change its settings without my input! I just ran a benchmark test and noticed a severe lack of performance from initial set up, then realised my RAM frequency had changed inexplicably to 2100mhz, I checked BIOS settings where my previous tweak to 3200mhz was still there, loaded it back up and I'm back to 3200mhz. 

I'm glad I'm looking into the game otherwise I'd have probably not noticed. 

• Like 1

I'm extremely impressed. Just had a quick jaunt in the Daher 930 which is superbly detailed. Did the usual of flying over glorious Markfield and the surrounding areas from EMA.

I usually do round the world tours on these things in small legs to take in new airports so might try that in the CJ4. First leg, EMA to Paris.

Hooe you're all enjoying itbas much as I am. Running an i7-7700k and 1080ti and running very nicely indeed. I'll be upgrading soon so hopefully will look even better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I'm extremely impressed. Just had a quick jaunt in the Daher 930 which is superbly detailed. Did the usual of flying over glorious Markfield and the surrounding areas from EMA.

I usually do round the world tours on these things in small legs to take in new airports so might try that in the CJ4. First leg, EMA to Paris.

Hooe you're all enjoying itbas much as I am. Running an i7-7700k and 1080ti and running very nicely indeed. I'll be upgrading soon so hopefully will look even better. 

Glad to hear your enjoying it too. What are you considering upgrading to?

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

bet you guys all have the controllers? I'll be old school with keyboard and mouse!

what are your in game names? It’d be good to get a fixed talk group flight going - a European tour would be class in a prop!

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Glad to hear your enjoying it too. What are you considering upgrading to?

I'll see what the AMD and nvidia offerings are for the next gen. nVidia are doing a brief on 1st September and AMD are launching RDNA2 "this year" so we'll see what they're like. It's the new features like DLSS that I'm keen to get for the new GPU as these will help immensely 

• Like 1

This game is great, get live air traffic and everything... not that I understand it... but the graphics and controls seem beautiful. Using a thrustmaster t16000 with throttle, also have a yoke which I will dig out again for this later. But works beautifully with this stick 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

I'm extremely impressed. Just had a quick jaunt in the Daher 930 which is superbly detailed. 

I love this plane. I'm currently doing East Mids to Reykjavik in it. Taught myself how to set autopilot for this plane and now just cruising at 28,000ft with some chill music on watching all the cloud scenery go by. Amazing game. Defo gonna pick up a stick for it. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1