Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

6 minutes ago, somebum said:

Love the thought of these games but patience wise it's just not applicable in my case. Is there are add on you can get that lets you drop bombs or something

There's a mod for almost anything given the amount of hobbyists and I know you can fly military aircraft, so probably.

Went through some of my in game screen shots that I have saved during various flights.

These three are some I've picked out for being particularly nice however I will delve deeper to see what others there are. Unfortunately I can not remember any of the specific flights as these were from a few months ago.

Image 3 shows the Ground handling deluxe tug which looks brilliant.

Also, love the moon in the background of image 2.

1.thumb.jpg.a9f0dc7bb7d75505b9fa0ce257cb7284.jpg2.thumb.jpg.4e6a19a6b735fc64dc51f9cccbd8e4c6.jpg3.thumb.jpg.18ba9e68901a575a9d6286c0ec51ab64.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/09/2019 at 17:34, Wet Trump said:

Just started to get back into flight simming and opted for X-Plane 11 and so far it’s streets ahead of FSX. Particularly impressed with the ability to download HD mesh and apply photo real textures easily and more importantly free!

Thought I’d share a clip I made yesterday (should demonstrate the scenery nicely): 

Nice video, just watched your East Midlands landing on your YouTube channel and again, brilliant.

The scenery on your East Midlands video looks very good, how would I go about getting that? do you see any decrease in performance?

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Nice video, just watched your East Midlands landing on your YouTube channel and again, brilliant.

The scenery on your East Midlands video looks very good, how would I go about getting that? do you see any decrease in performance?

Cheers!

I use ortho4xp tiles, it’s a bit fiddly to get it set up but if you go here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/166028-tutorial/&ct=1570210187

you should be able to find a good tutorial to walk you through it.

I use HD mesh too, which is completely free - http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-11-hd-mesh-scenery-v4/

And finally I’ve included this https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43183-simheaven-x-europe/&ct=1570210371

Personally I have a good chunk of Europe (from Ireland to Turkey) covered with the above and I’ve managed to fill a 2TB HDD - that isn’t including the game, I purely hold scenery on this 2TB drive so make sure you’ve got plenty of space!

It runs really well, I can’t remember noticing any performance drops. That said, it’s dead easy to delete the scenery if you do notice any.

Would highly recommend LiveTraffic too - it uses live air traffic data in a similar way to the Flight Radar 24 app so you get real live traffic in the sim.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/&ct=1570210673

The level of detail in these games now is incredible. 

The last flight sim I played was MS Flight Simulator 95, and I didn't have a f**king clue then, I'd be hopeless now.

Saw a video not long ago of someone trying to take off in an A10 Warthog simulator. Every button and switch in the cockpit was useable. 

Bonkers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 01:36, leicsmac said:

screen.thumb.jpg.72a01870ec928fc59aacd2784c82e576.jpg

Taking a real behemoth out for a spin...the default one on XP11 is awful but thankfully the modding community have come to the rescue with an at least halfway good mod of it. Old, big iron.

That's what's lacking in XP11 - a good long hauler. I've got the FlightFactor 767, which isn't too bad.

I'm really struggling to use XP11 after seeing how good the new MSFS is going to be :jawdrop:

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Noice! What are you flying there? Looks like a Cessna but I ain't sure...

Close, it’s the Piper Arrow 28 Turbo.

I’ve decided to put together a 17 leg trip across Europe in it. I’d like to go further but I’d need a new HDD to download more scenery! 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I'd really like to have a crack at flight simming again. As a bit of an aviation enthusiast, I think I could really get into it.

What do I need? Got a decent (ish) PC but presume would need a control stick - any recommendations (without spending a fortune)?

What’s the spec of your current PC?

The only sim specific piece of hardware I have is this 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4289418?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=ixilaxxwl&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|acid:532-198-3455|cid:598901029|agid:24337525970|tid:pla-337721316849|crid:86937817730|nw:g|rnd:8677575816183436934|dvc:m|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007128&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=598901029&utm_term=&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=24337525970&utm_custom2=532-198-3455&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-smyzrqA5wIViaztCh1wzQ1XEAQYAiABEgJdJvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

More than adequate to get back into it before perhaps spending loads more. It’s got a left / right push button on the front bit of the throttle too which acts as the rudder pedals which is useful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...