Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Who scored the first LCFC goal of your lifetime?

When i was born there were no official fixtures for some years as there was a war on!  However my association with Leicester began during that time as my father's family, who lived in the East end of London, were bombed out and re-homed in Leicester.

You could say the first Leicester strike for me was by the Luftwaffe :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

Some geezer called Bobby Smith :chant:

RIP

He was the first player I met at the Junior Foxes Christmas party 1981. Lovely bloke with a big perm and bushy moustache.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was born on Nov 5th 1966, a few hours before we played Burnley at Filbert street. I believe the result was a 2-0 home win, with Dyche bemoaning the refs. Any how a few years back my parents presented me with a framed copy of the match day programme.

On 02/04/2019 at 01:28, foxfanazer said:

,,Going by Wikipedia the first competitive Leicester city goal of my lifetime was by Wayne Clarke in a 1-1 draw with Hull city on August 19th 1989

Never heard of him lol

On 02/04/2019 at 09:01, glenny_fox said:

Made my searching a lot easier as that was the first goal scored after mine as well.

Never heard of him either lol

This was the first game I went to live.

First scorer after my birth was Steve Kember in a 1-0 home win v West Ham. The first of our 4 wins all season as we finished bottom of the league. West Ham were also relegated. 

Edited by LinekersApples

I was born in June so these things always default to the first match of the season... which we lost 1-0 at home to Shrewsbury. Then we lost 1-0 at Elland Road, and finally, we beat Millwall 1-0 at Filbert Street with the scorer being Steve Moran.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 1