Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Who scored the first LCFC goal of your lifetime?

5 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Brian Alderson 2-2 with Man City opening day of the 1976-77 season.

We drew all of the first 6 games that season by the looks of it.

Vivid memories of that one. A boiling hot day in a fierce summer. A fight broke out behind me ( in the enclosure between the tunnel & the Filbert St end). Soon fizzled out though - it was just too hot to bother I guess.

And to continue the hot theme - Alderson was mustard that day!

The following two matches after I was born were 0-0! First scorer there weeks later was Lenny Glover in a 1-1 draw with Norwich.

First goal I saw live was Nicky Cross in a 1-0 win vs Man City. Mike Stowell was in goal for the the opposition lol

Derek Hogg in a 6-1 thrashing of the Vila at Filbert Street in 1958. Not a great season though. We were 18th placed out of 22. Wolverhampton were champions that year with Preston in second place. Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday went down

Sammels in 1-1 draw away to Chelsea…. I have vaguely heard the name and he played for us until 78, but I have no clue if he was any good or not…

he also scored in 2-2 draw v Man Utd 4 days before I was born…

EDIT…. A quick browse of the thread has demonstrated that the average age of contributors on this forum is >73

i had this picture in my head of you all being a load of young bucks…. Turns out most of you have to take your meds after a goal goes in :whistle:

Edited by Wolfox

1 hour ago, Mr Fox said:

David Herd for Man Utd. in a 5-0 defeat. November 1965.

Some legends playing that day.

Looking at footage later ,we were unlucky.

Wasn't that the game where City had about 30 corners and basically every time United had a shot, they scored?

4 minutes ago, brownfox said:

Collymore against Sunderland was special mainly because I thought it was the start of an awesome partnership with heskey! That didn’t last long!! 

Vardy’s against Liverpool was a delight too!!

How many births did you have?

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Just looked it up and it was Ian Banks (who?). Annoying as lineker got the 2nd in the game and that would be a much better tale.

Also equally annoying that fat, odious Celtic tosser Alan Brazil scored the first goal against us in my life.

I remember him more for his mustache than his football ability 

Image result for ian banks leicester footballer

• Like 2