Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Who scored the first LCFC goal of your lifetime?

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I have no idea why it's been moved to here. I posted it in the main section lol

Move it back please mods

lol 

Anyway it was some fella called Izzet with a last minute equaliser against Palace, was he any good?

Jon Sammels scored in 1-1 draw at Portman Road in the opening First Division game of the season on 25 August 1973

City went on to finish 9th that season, and got the FA Cup Semi Final before losing in a replay to Liverpool

Also had a courageous run to the second round of the Texaco Cup I see...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973–74_Leicester_City_F.C._season

The first goal I saw "live" in the stadium was Richard Smith's last minute winner against Crystal Palace in the 3rd round of the FA Cup in 1992 (I was somewhat of a latecomer as no one in my immediate family was into football, so my early teens football watching "apprenticeship" was served watching the mighty Luton Town side of the mid to late 80's with my Uncle)

Edited by stripeyfox

Frank Worthington celebrated my arrival in the world with a goal in a 2-0 win at Ipswich at the time I was born (my parents claimed they nearly called me Worthington :scarf:

Appaarently he got booked for removing his shirt revealing a t shirt that said ‘welcome to Leicester Vladimir the fox’. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Jon Sammels scored in 1-1 draw at Portman Road in the opening First Division game of the season on 25 August 1973

The day before I was born :D

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

,,Going by Wikipedia the first competitive Leicester city goal of my lifetime was by Wayne Clarke in a 1-1 draw with Hull city on August 19th 1989

Never heard of him lol

Made my searching a lot easier as that was the first goal scored after mine as well.

Never heard of him either lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

,,Going by Wikipedia the first competitive Leicester city goal of my lifetime was by Wayne Clarke in a 1-1 draw with Hull city on August 19th 1989

Never heard of him lol

Allan Clarke’s brother . Didn’t play many matches for us and IIRC we swapped him for Mick Newell 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

We lost 2-0 away at Oldham the day I was born.

It's such a tragic result I cant even find the scorers lol

My first Leicester game was a 0-1 home defeat to Oldham. In fact my first four Leicester games were 0-1 defeats over a few years. .

It used to be my ambition to see Leicester score a goal.