Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Who scored the first LCFC goal of your lifetime?

1973 season, we finished 9th and Man Utd were relegated.

I had to wait til the third game after I was born before we scored.  Joe Waters with his one and only goal for us in a 1-1 draw at Newcastle.

I can't remember the first goal I ever saw but I remember my first two matches in 1978 as a 5 year old - 0-1 v W.Brom and 0-1 v Brighton.

First game of my life (November 1992) was, um... a 1-0 home defeat by the mighty Bristol Rovers. :dry:

A week later though, a David Oldfield double and one from Ian Ormondroyd helped us see off the equally mighty Grimsby Town. :scarf:

Edited by OntarioFox

Some guy by the name of Albert Cheesebrough got citys first in a 2-2 draw away to Sheff weds 06.04.1960.

Apparently he played 186 games for us between 1559 and 1963 scoring 62 goals in the process.  Not a bad return

Thankfully don't have to make up a song for him!

Just now, urban fox said:

Some guy by the name of Albert Cheesebrough got citys first in a 2-2 draw away to Sheff weds 06.04.1960.

Apparently he played 186 games for us between 1559 and 1963 scoring 62 goals in the process.  Not a bad return

186 games in 404 years.

A goal every 6 and half years. Not great!

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

He played for us for 404 years? 

Actually, his name does sound like someone form the 16th Century

Edited by stripeyfox

Foxestalk records don't show the goal times so I don't know who got the first goal. But I bet if I just post this screenshot, some saddo on here will probably be able to tell me the exact game, score and first scorer ? (obviously I do know the game and the score as that's shown, I just wondered if anyone here could work it out from this teamsheet)

EDIT: I just realised that it's entirely possible that the first ever goal scored by a Leicester player in my lifetime could have been a Steve Walsh own goal :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20190402-110219.png

Edited by TiffToff88

Alan Smith apparently in a 2-1 win over Coventry. 

By some strange twist of fate, Julian Watts scored the first goal against us in my first ever visit to Filbert Street in a 2-0 reserves defeat to Sheff Weds. In my first first-team game, he scored the opener for us in a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea. Can't imagine Julian Watts scored many goals in his career so the odds on that happening are ridiculous!  

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

,,Going by Wikipedia the first competitive Leicester city goal of my lifetime was by Wayne Clarke in a 1-1 draw with Hull city on August 19th 1989

Never heard of him lol

That was my first ever away game.  Wayne Clarke was our new striker bought in the summer I think.  Didn't last too long.

Drew 1-1 with Ipswich 1973, Jon Sammels scored for us.  I actually was at school with his son.  Never knew that irrelevant but strangely fascinating fact.

Edited by RichMC24

20 minutes ago, Livid said:

Leicester City 2 - Manchester United 1 - Fearn and Nish for us, Law for them......never heard of any of them :thumbup:

That was the first game I ever attended live. My dad took me and we stood in the east stand towards the filbert street end. I was standing on the dividing wall and clinging to the fence to get a better view

• Like 1