Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Who scored the first LCFC goal of your lifetime?

2 minutes ago, pds said:

Steve Corica away to Sunderland. Remember listening on Radio Leicester and had no idea who he was. Didn't realise we'd signed him the day before.

He only scored 2 goals and that was one of them, excellent stuff lol 

Thanks for that, I’m glad I now know! 

The difference in my two sons is quite alarming when I looked at this my 6 year old has a 6-0 win with nugent scoring first, while my 2 year old had to wait a whole month after his birth (4 league games) before Vardy scored his first goal.

However he did have a goal in the Fa Cup from Andy King to celebrate against the sheep! In between.

Mike Stringfellow vs Leyton Orient (A)  3rd April 1963 (the 'Ice Kings' team). We were 2nd in the 1st Division. 5 days later we were top of the league!!  We ended the season 4th with our last 4 games of the season all defeats. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962–63_Leicester_City_F.C._season

The first Leicester goal I saw was David Tomlin vs Stoke City(H)  24th March 1973.

18 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

yes we were pretty shit that year. Manager Bryan Hamilton? Smith signed for Arsenal and came back to us on loan to help us beat the drop (but we didn't).

Also, our average home league attendance was 11,697! Fewer than 7,500 people were at Filbert Street for the 4-1 win against QPR in March!

Puts all our woes this season into perspective really 

Peter McKennan, first day of the season 1948/49 (I was born earlier in the Summer) a 2nd Division 6-2 thrashing of Leeds at home,  wonder where that nice Mr Revie finished up. My first live game was 7 or 8 years later, and I cannot recall who it was we played.

Starting lineup:

Goalkeeper: Gordon Bradley
Full back:  Billy Frame
Full back:  Jim Harrison
Wing half:  Jim Garvey
Wing half:  Walter Harrison
Outside right:  Mal Griffiths
Centre forward: Jack Lee
Winger: Charlie Adam
Inside forward: Peter McKennan
Inside forward: Don Revie
Half back/Inside forward: Sep Smith

Scorers:
Peter McKennan
Peter McKennan
Jack Lee
Jack Lee
Don Revie     
Don Revie    

Edited by norwichfox

If we're extending it to kids then

Oldest son, born Feb 2008 - first goal was a Darren Purse own goal in a 1-0 home win against Cardiff on 1st March 2008. 

Youngest son, born Mar 2011 - Miguel Vitor grabbed a brace in a 3-0 win at Glanford Park Scunthorpe on 12 March 2011

28 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Marc North (who?) scored the first of our 2 goals in a 5-2 loss away at Hull on November 23rd 1990, hours after I was born. 

Good player North...sadly missed.

Edited by PAULCFC

10 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Rod Fern and David Nish....Plus Denis Law for them.And my dad missed me being born!

ha ha. A guy I work with was born on 30 July 1966. His dad had to miss the World Cup Final to take his mum to the hospital. I don't think his dad ever fully forgave him..lol