Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

True and that’s what I keep looking for, but equally I can’t see anything near the Machinery Store that would indicate it’s going up. With 6 months to go surely the steel work would be up at least? 

If it had been shelved then would be trferenced

perhaps given the tight timescale, it’s been decided to make that lowest priority ...... what specifically was the sports hall for ?? 

11 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Unless I’m getting the wrong end of the stick I think that’s going to be the players garden. 

Are those layouts on the planning website?

I've done some digging and the players garden is above, on the first level as you'd walk out at the back level towards the show pitch at that ground level.

It's pretty basic but I assume the hydrotherapy pool is directly beneath the obscure sunlights.

Screenshot_20200110-093657_Drive.jpg

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

perhaps given the tight timescale, it’s been decided to make that lowest priority ...... what specifically was the sports hall for ?? 

This is the latest approved site masterplan and the sports hall is actively towards the right of the main building. Looks like a basic squeaky floor basketball court!

00990896.pdf

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

This is the latest approved site masterplan and the sports hall is actively towards the right of the main building. Looks like a basic squeaky floor basketball court!

00990896.pdf 1.89 MB · 12 downloads

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

It's not, it's on the current working site layout (I'll attach it below)

Screenshot_20200110-093621_Drive.jpg

Cheers for looking at it, I know where you’re coming from, I was just wondering if it had been put on the back burner like St Albans has said.

I’m only wondering aloud because it’s 6 months off opening and the other buildings are up and nearing completion. 

E78F5277-7A71-4AB2-B5A6-E050E3DA0842.jpeg

49F2376E-12D8-4103-B863-DBC5A0B16B48.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Cheers for looking at it, I know where you’re coming from, I was just wondering if it had been put on the back burner like St Albans has said.

I’m only wondering aloud because it’s 6 months off opening and the other buildings are up and nearing completion. 

It definitely will be constructed. I work in architecture and there is no planning application for this to be removed. Also theres no design and access statement that shows the buildings we've mentioned being removed.

Looking at it I think the construction traffic etc is prohibiting the other buildings so that they will be phased on at the end of construction of the main buildings etc..

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2019 at 17:12, Fox in the North said:

Mr Burge says: “Some bits are ahead, some bits are behind. The weather has killed us recently, it’s been an absolute nightmare – but we are still on target.”

Mr Burge getting in his excuses early!

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It definitely will be constructed. I work in architecture and there is no planning application for this to be removed. Also theres no design and access statement that shows the buildings we've mentioned being removed.

Looking at it I think the construction traffic etc is prohibiting the other buildings so that they will be phased on at the end of construction of the main buildings etc..

Cheers I don’t have any sort of architectural/construction experience or background so it’s reassuring to hear that :D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Curious one - if they are indeed a bit behind it might make sense to leave the Sports Hall till last as they could still use the indoor pitch and the training centre's facilities until it's finished. In the plans and the mock ups it's pretty consistent in size and shape to the rest of the training centre - I wonder if they've decided to connect the two up either with a building in between or some sort of garden structure?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Curious one - if they are indeed a bit behind it might make sense to leave the Sports Hall till last as they could still use the indoor pitch and the training centre's facilities until it's finished. In the plans and the mock ups it's pretty consistent in size and shape to the rest of the training centre - I wonder if they've decided to connect the two up either with a building in between or some sort of garden structure?

Yeah as UHDrive has said, they may be leaving it last.

I don’t believe they have connected as they would have had to amend the planning permission and issue new statements etc. Also in the brief on the sports hall, KSS make a song and dance about it being a separate building.

03B8A8C4-A5AC-41FF-9F6A-16103A17A654.jpeg

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think you're probably right in that they'll make minor tweaks. The underground basement info is very limited in terms of layout for example and doesn't even show access to it on the floor plans.

The main drawing is the one attached. The working site layout is spot on and cannot be amended except for a planning variation application. I think it's fair to say that they've stuck to the planning layout and kept in the good books of Charnwood Borough Council (who are notoriously strict as opposed to other local authorities)

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Photo from Architen Landrell who fit the ETFE roof on the indoor pitch. 

C735A6D1-9B86-4CC6-AD67-4A51CC4B660F.jpeg

Superb photo thanks! They are using the ETFE system on the side walls of the show pitch too.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

You should try living with her lol

As I've mentioned before, apparently the 2 site foreman that have been in charge of the job, the 1st one left for another job I believe. Are the best my wife has dealt with in her 20 years in the job, they seem in no doubt that things will still happen on schedule.

Oh cr*p... now I feel like a moron! I work in house building and everybody despises house builders so that'll have to be my new excuse 🙊

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Knew you’d come around in the end ;)

B9422FDC-AE7A-45A2-B729-E984B66ACFF9.jpeg

287EC13D-E151-4085-B7E5-EA1C0843AACB.jpeg

There isn't a revised D&A report in the planning bundle (it is currently on a 2 year build on the current D&A). Top must have forced McLaren onto that 78 year and a half build contract. There isn't any traffic management or phasing drawings on there either. So June it is! 

Attached some interesting photos - I'm loving the security building!

Screenshot_20200111-132748_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-132445_Drive.jpg