Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

The situation our players and staff find themselves in is no different to construction workers who worked throughout lockdown. They will have to travel, they will have to go/from a site or place of work and that will involve multiple locations. 

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thanks, I dont think it sets an example to the people expected to be vigilant, but thats whats been decided, and settles the training question.

Why doesn't it set an example? Footballers are tested twice a week, every week and as such will go to work. You just have to watch a game to see the strict rules in place.

If the death toll and new cases spiking in Leicester isn't enough to make people vigilant, then they're a lost cause tbh

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Construction workers who worked through lockdown did so illegally. They were lucky it wasnt enforced.

You are just spouting opinions as if they are fact. The government actively encouraged construction workers to stay working throughout, they were classed as essential workers by the government. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

You are just spouting opinions as if they are fact. The government actively encouraged construction workers to stay working throughout, they were classed as essential workers by the government. 

Only for specific building projects.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why doesn't it set an example? Footballers are tested twice a week, every week and as such will go to work. You just have to watch a game to see the strict rules in place.

If the death toll and new cases spiking in Leicester isn't enough to make people vigilant, then they're a lost cause tbh

It is about consistency.

Every non essential shop has been told to close as an example.

There is no shops exempt just because they might be running lab safety conditions, it is a blanket closure, the criteria to allow a shop to open is based on what it sells.

Also not every person know what safety protocols are been followed for footballers.

A lot of people will see the game been played inside the lockdown zone and think "oh ok things arent that bad", I will go to work as normal and so forth.

On a personal level I know the safety protocols are good, but its about the image projected to the public.  I have already seen residents of Leicester saying wtf when they didnt see the game postponed.

I think this should go to a non football section, as its moved on from the training ground to general lockdown discussion.  So I dont have an issue if a mod moves my post for that reason.

Edited by Chrysalis

43 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It is about consistency.

Every non essential shop has been told to close as an example.

There is no shops exempt just because they might be running lab safety conditions, it is a blanket closure, the criteria to allow a shop to open is based on what it sells.

Also not every person know what safety protocols are been followed for footballers.

A lot of people will see the game been played inside the lockdown zone and think "oh ok things arent that bad", I will go to work as normal and so forth.

On a personal level I know the safety protocols are good, but its about the image projected to the public.  I have already seen residents of Leicester saying wtf when they didnt see the game postponed.

I think this should go to a non football section, as its moved on from the training ground to general lockdown discussion.  So I dont have an issue if a mod moves my post for that reason.

But you are allowed to go to work. It isn’t like the original lockdown at all, people can still have bubbles etc. It’s essential travel only and work is essential travel, it’s only shops that have closed.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Why can't people take responsibility for their own and their families safety. 

I couldn't give shit what other people are doing I make decisions based on what is best for me.

Anyone that looks at someone else breaking or appearing to be breaking the lock down guidelines and thinks if they can do it so can I must be stupid / ignorant or insane. 

Do what's best for you it's not a difficult concept to understand.

Exactly. People saying they can do what they like as Domonic Cummins broke the rules need to have a word with themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell I saw this topic was ‘hot’ and thought we had some breaking news. Anyone got any offical updates? 

Yes - Leicester is in lockdown hadn't you heard?:P

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell I saw this topic was ‘hot’ and thought we had some breaking news. Anyone got any offical updates? 

According to the planning portal they've uploaded a new event management plan with some documents that tracks the progress of various conditions of the site:

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/aniteim.websearch/(S(xxu5odmisjgbocfvy3o43c45))/Results.aspx

Also, Highways England has said that they don't support an amendment to 'condition 6', which blocks the club from moving into the site until work is done to improve the a46 junction, because we apparently haven't enforced the strict travel restrictions on and off site and work hasn't been carried out on it so far.

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/aniteim.websearch/(S(zpxpv045rnjktg451bjcb4bm))/Results.aspx

Which basically means we might have to wait until work is actually done on the junction, improvements which Highways England and the local council have been dragging their heals on for about 25-30 years. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Construction workers who worked through lockdown did so illegally. They were lucky it wasnt enforced.

No they did not . The government issued guidelines only not illegal or enforceable. 

• Like 1