Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

In Pictures: LCFC's New Training Ground

The project at Charnwood is scheduled for completion in June 2020 and will be documented on LCFC.com throughout its progress.
Share this gallery
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    LC9109-0022.JPG

Charnwood site in summer 2018

The site in Charnwood, formerly the Park Hill Golf and Fishing Centre, is 185 acres in size.

LC9109-0064.JPG

The development of the site is expected to accelerate quickly, with the aim of having the new facility open and operational ahead of the start of the 2020/21 season.

LC9109-0007.JPG

Plans for the development of the site were revealed by Leicester City Football Club in February 2018.

LC9184-033.JPG

Laying the foundations

Leicester City’s state-of-the-art new training ground has taken its next steps towards becoming a reality in recent weeks.

LC9184-006.JPG

Earth movers

Preparation of the site will continue over the course of the next month before foundations for the main buildings are set.

LC9184-014.JPG

Developing landscape

The site has already developed significantly since work on the Club's new training ground began.

LC9184-052.JPG

An ongoing project

In October 2018, planning permission was secured and, over the winter period, work began in north Leicestershire.

LC9184-060.JPG

'Turning our vision into reality'

The new training ground will feature 11 full-size pitches, including a 499-seater mini-venue show pitch.

LC9184-099.JPG

Charnwood site in spring 2019

Following the appointment of McLaren Construction as the project’s principal contractor, initial preparations and earthworks to transform the 185-acre site are now firmly under way.

TG1.jpg

Artist's impression

The artist's impressions shows a stunning aerial view of the training complex in Charnwood.

TG4.jpg

Artist's impression

The north Leicestershire facility will include a full-size artificial indoor pitch.

TG3.jpg

Artist's impression

The training centre building includes dining areas, administration offices and a media centre.

TG2.jpg

Artist's impression

The new training ground will continue the Football Club's extraordinary g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It would be great to see a similar presentation in 5 months time when there will be further progress. I wonder if they will be arranging a tour in due course when its all done a dusted next year.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I hope the newts are ok.

And the pair of nesting Buzzards.    I believe the Ferrets were donated to Burnley which was a nice gesture and the Frogs to Claude as a leaving present.

It might be very early but I for one am extremely excited by this development!

I am really digging what the club are doing at the moment. Setting out the vision, giving us updates, Brendan Rodgers doing a Q&A with fans, etc. I feel like they have listened to the fans frustration in not knowing what's going on and wanting to be closer to the club and that slowly but surely improvements are being made in this department.

Let's just call it the Youri Tielemans training centre so he's forced to sign! lol

(Obviously name it after Vichai)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd rather they call this Seagrave and name the new stand after Vichai, complete with a statue.

Statue in the stands could be epic and bold!

52 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How do you relocate nesting Buzzards ??

To my curry pot thats how

12 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Predictably-sorry gents- I am very sad to see the golf course destroyed.It took an awful lot to build it and gone in an instant.

We win the champions league though and Ill do my best to forgive. 

Some ex-members are said to have moved to Forest Hill Golf Club/Beedles Lake Golf Club. Think both companies will be relieved in terms of boosting its finances/popularity.

The former had a break-in in its club shop last week.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

the difference that this will make to us as an attraction to possible signings is huge.  one of the reasons that spurs get away with paying lower wages is the combination of being in London and having a state of the art training complex. your place of work does make a difference.

• Like 1