Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

On 03/02/2020 at 09:53, Fox in the North said:

According to the method statement, we’re in the final phase of construction. Just under 5 months to go now! :D

8A22814F-BE36-44FC-95EF-AF4F86C4787B.jpeg

As the crow flies I’m less than a mile  away, last night driving back into the village along Ratcliffe Road I looked over and saw it lit up, the main building looks huge with the curved roof.

Either they’re working late into the night or it’s lit up for security reasons. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, promised land said:

As the crow flies I’m less than a mile  away, last night driving back into the village along Ratcliffe Road I looked over and saw it lit up, the main building looks huge with the curved roof.

Either they’re working late into the night or it’s lit up for security reasons. 

Neither.

It’s to piss off the locals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Neither.

It’s to piss off the locals. 

That doesn’t take much, I read in a local free mag thing the other month that they can now see it from the village blotting the landscape. Even had a pic of it.

It’s like the folk of seagrave think they own all surrounding fields. Best thing to ever happen to the village.

49 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

To be fair it is huuuuuge.

It’s going to look sensational though once completed. PS Can someone get a drone up there!

There's a drone view in this Merc article, not sure it's the latest.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/new-drone-footage-shows-latest-3728554

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

So I guess this is as good a thread as anywhere to put it:

https://theathletic.com/1391288/2020/02/10/the-next-big-thing-virtual-reality-football-ibm-leicester/

I won't post the whole thing as I don't want to get me or FoxesTalk in trouble, but the general gist of Tanner's article is that we're considering implementing new analytical technology into the training ground, which is shown off here:

It's still in the development stage but there's been interest from some Premier League clubs. 

Extremely important excerpt:

“What surprised me when I started looking into elite sports a few years ago was how few teams in the Premier League have analysts. I don’t mean someone just watching games. They aren’t data scientists crunching numbers like this. There are just three clubs doing it properly that I am aware of: Liverpool, Manchester City and Leicester. It is no coincidence they are the top three in the Premier League."

The article rounds off with quotes from Paul Balsam's chat on the Training Ground Guru podcast, which can be found here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/8-paul-balsom-to-premier-league-beyond-leicester-city/id1458881321?i=1000455600782

We're on our way.

Southampton do it or at least they used to. 

They have some called the black box at their training ground where they constantly watch matches - might be more for scouting though.

49 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://theathletic.com/1391288/2020/02/10/the-next-big-thing-virtual-reality-football-ibm-leicester/

I won't post the whole thing as I don't want to get me or FoxesTalk in trouble, but the general gist of Tanner's article is that we're considering implementing new analytical technology into the training ground, which is shown off here:

It's still in the development stage but there's been interest from some Premier League clubs. 

“What surprised me when I started looking into elite sports a few years ago was how few teams in the Premier League have analysts. I don’t mean someone just watching games. They aren’t data scientists crunching numbers like this. There are just three clubs doing it properly that I am aware of: Liverpool, Manchester City and Leicester. It is no coincidence they are the top three in the Premier League."

The article rounds off with quotes from Paul Balsam's chat on the Training Ground Guru podcast, which can be found here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/8-paul-balsom-to-premier-league-beyond-leicester-city/id1458881321?i=1000455600782

We're on our way.

Paul Balsom is a genius, his input in to our success in the last 5-6 years should not be underestimated. I thankfully had been misinformed a while ago that he had left his role with us but he's still pulling the strings for us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Paul Balsom is a genius, his input in to our success in the last 5-6 years should not be underestimated. I thankfully had been misinformed a while ago that he had left his role with us but he's still pulling the strings for us.

Guy is a massive reason as to why our data analyst and sport science departments are so successful, oversee’s both ours and Leuvens, as well as also the Swedish National Team

That podcast that is mentioned is a brilliant listen, when people talk about the Nigel Pearson era you think about him, Shakey and Walsh, but I never realised until that podcast that he was also part of that core team

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Guy is a massive reason as to why our data analyst and sport science departments are so successful, oversee’s both ours and Leuvens, as well as also the Swedish National Team

That podcast that is mentioned is a brilliant listen, when people talk about the Nigel Pearson era you think about him, Shakey and Walsh, but I never realised until that podcast that he was also part of that core team

Yes absolutely, he has been a fundamental part of it. I'm quite astounded that one of the supposed elite clubs haven't tried to pinch him.

From looking at his LinkedIn it looks like he is actually the Director of a sport performance company and is involved in a lot of other sports

Could be that we have him on as a high level consultant with major input kind of role where he puts all the framework etc into place but we don’t get in the way of his personal ventures, could be why the top teams haven’t gone after him

Edited by moore_94

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

On a sidenote:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're on our way.

Cheers for that, enjoyed the Pod.  

• Like 1