Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Vardy - officially better than Lineker .

9 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Same age as you and agree............ almost......with everything you say.....Don`t know if you were only talking about outfield players but the Greatest City player is,and always will be........the world's number one, the incomparable SIR Gordon BANKS  O.B.E..

I believe GKs have their own pedestals and peers,I rate them separately to outfield players...

Also has much as Gordon was a football idol of mine,and it hurt when,we let him go...I used to watch him and Shilts train..

There are 3 GKs from Leicester,For the same reasons mentioned in my original post,I won't sit on the fence...no way is it impartial...

But for me Banks,Shilton,and Wallington (though never full-capped) ,In weaknesses and strengths for different reasons,I won't separate them....

Taking into account their beginnings and Peaks of their career,were not for real top class teams,so came under fire than most....

We saw these 3 gks motm on more than 4-6occasions each season...I saw these 3 command their area,in a time forwards scoring from corners were more regular,but these 3 with Clemence,Corrigan and Jennings,just made a forwards afternoon on corners a waste of breath...though all 6 I seen drop balls from corners.

Concentrating on Leicester...they were Brilliant at diving to feet,and all round ground keeping that no Gk today has..

Banks was the first English true great,and at the beginning compared to the great Yashin...But Yashin also remarked on Banks better manouverability.

I never thought I would see anyone better in the air than Banks,then came Shilton and Shilton was fast off his line and had impeccable timing and later Wallington.

I could write a complete euology over all 3s Leicester and further careers.....With comparisons, buts & ifs. I will just say they were 3 Wclass Gkeepers,at a time,where other European nations were starting to find their own consistent top notch GKs,has mentioned Banks literally kicked off the modern era of valued

skilfully goalkeeping...

Today many Gks ,will defend first with their legs....

The 6 mentioned,trusted their hands,and didn't whine every minute when challenged in the air...They were not cry babies,plus all were hard in their character

and play on the pitch....

But this is a Leicester forum,so to claim arrogantly but in fairness true bragging rights,no Club seen for such a long period 3 of the best Wclass goalkeepers!!!

1959>>>>1985...Plus a couple more decent youngsters u21 internationals!!

Edited by fuchsntf

20 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I wouldn’t say never moaned.

He publicity criticised Puels style of play, which he was well within his rights to do as he had his lowest goal tally/ratio at that point, I guess when you are as good as he is it’s very frustrating when you are not getting the service. It clearly effected his desire on the pitch, he is now back acting like a Terrier when he looses the ball.

Looks as fresh as ever

You could be the son of Goebbels...twisting a debate to serve your own opinion....

He never criticised Puel..in that interview!!!

Instead of argument counter argument..So you don't get lazy...pick up the interview on social media,and...

Listen to it 100 times...and write a 100 times this was no critic hidden or otherwise...:bounce:

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rowley didn’t score many in the first tier did he (particularly for us)?  Arthur Chandler whacked them in for fun at Leicester in the first division 

He still broke records,that others still have to beat,which makes him far better in his job,than you trying to make snidey ,shoddy observations!!!

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not snidey at all. Pure fact. 

Belongs to the most useless facts...comparing one legend with another....

Chandler of his time...Rowley of his...then 70 yrs later Vardy in his time!!!I

Trying to put negative spins on positive careers.......is snidey!!! And playing one upmanship on the back of others...

Sorry mate,it might come over harder than intended.....One person's achievements in life or careers are not devalued,by others coming later,or even within

the "same time period" peers!!!

One should soak in and recognise achievements,without debasing them...

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You could be the son of Goebbels...twisting a debate to serve your own opinion....

He never criticised Puel..in that interview!!!

Instead of argument counter argument..So you don't get lazy...pick up the interview on social media,and...

Listen to it 100 times...and write a 100 times this was no critic hidden or otherwise...:bounce:

Asked if Puel’s possession-based philosophy suits him, Vardy told Sky Sports News: “Does it? No, but is that down to me to adapt to it? Yes.

“And obviously the only way I’m going to do that and keep progressing is working hard on the training field.

“It does get a bit frustrating [making runs without being found] but we are transitioning into a different style of play.

He is not praising the style of play.

He is saying it’s gets frustrating, it’s down to him to change, but basically his 5 goals in 13 is down to Puels style of play.

As I said that is a criticism of the style of play not suiting him. 

It could also be argued his said knob head after the Pogba embrace, so I wouldn’t say he has never moaned.

but I’d rather have 11 Vardys that speak out when they know something is not right.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Asked if Puel’s possession-based philosophy suits him, Vardy told Sky Sports News: “Does it? No, but is that down to me to adapt to it? Yes.

“And obviously the only way I’m going to do that and keep progressing is working hard on the training field.

“It does get a bit frustrating [making runs without being found] but we are transitioning into a different style of play.

He is not praising the style of play.

He is saying it’s gets frustrating, it’s down to him to change, but basically his 5 goals in 13 is down to Puels style of play.

As I said that is a criticism of the style of play not suiting him. 

It could also be argued his said knob head after the Pogba embrace, so I wouldn’t say he has never moaned.

but I’d rather have 11 Vardys that speak out when they know something is not right.

Good boy..you can now go on the School visit to see the shadows...:D

53 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Belongs to the most useless facts...comparing one legend with another....

Chandler of his time...Rowley of his...then 70 yrs later Vardy in his time!!!I

Trying to put negative spins on positive careers.......is snidey!!! And playing one upmanship on the back of others...

Sorry mate,it might come over harder than intended.....One person's achievements in life or careers are not devalued,by others coming later,or even within

the "same time period" peers!!!

One should soak in and recognise achievements,without debasing them...

If we comparing player for player, we have to place it in the context of how it was achieved. There are players who’ve scored hundreds of goals in the third and fourth tiers like Jamie Cureton. Do we celebrate Cureton as though he’s Messi? 

59 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If we comparing player for player, we have to place it in the context of how it was achieved. There are players who’ve scored hundreds of goals in the third and fourth tiers like Jamie Cureton. Do we celebrate Cureton as though he’s Messi? 

Yes...!!! Because those doing the judging haven t got an inking....(including me)....!!!

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe change name to glusniff :)

Now your talking to a connoiseur,I upgraded from a Shu-blackbelt.....The capsiaicinoids couldn't satisfy my urges....never reached those deep down

gold-top Carlsberg dreams...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ok - not an unfair point. But the Football League has been going for 130 years and to have scored more goals than any other player, for the most part at City, is pretty remarkable. In no way is this meant to detract from Vardy's colossal achievement: truly he's a gift from God. We are a historic club, not among the very biggest, but from time to time we have produced a truly great player.

On 08/04/2019 at 17:00, fuchsntf said:

I believe GKs have their own pedestals and peers,I rate them separately to outfield players...

Also has much as Gordon was a football idol of mine,and it hurt when,we let him go...I used to watch him and Shilts train..

There are 3 GKs from Leicester,For the same reasons mentioned in my original post,I won't sit on the fence...no way is it impartial...

But for me Banks,Shilton,and Wallington (though never full-capped) ,In weaknesses and strengths for different reasons,I won't separate them....

Taking into account their beginnings and Peaks of their career,were not for real top class teams,so came under fire than most....

We saw these 3 gks motm on more than 4-6occasions each season...I saw these 3 command their area,in a time forwards scoring from corners were more regular,but these 3 with Clemence,Corrigan and Jennings,just made a forwards afternoon on corners a waste of breath...though all 6 I seen drop balls from corners.

Concentrating on Leicester...they were Brilliant at diving to feet,and all round ground keeping that no Gk today has..

Banks was the first English true great,and at the beginning compared to the great Yashin...But Yashin also remarked on Banks better manouverability.

I never thought I would see anyone better in the air than Banks,then came Shilton and Shilton was fast off his line and had impeccable timing and later Wallington.

I could write a complete euology over all 3s Leicester and further careers.....With comparisons, buts & ifs. I will just say they were 3 Wclass Gkeepers,at a time,where other European nations were starting to find their own consistent top notch GKs,has mentioned Banks literally kicked off the modern era of valued

skilfully goalkeeping...

Today many Gks ,will defend first with their legs....

The 6 mentioned,trusted their hands,and didn't whine every minute when challenged in the air...They were not cry babies,plus all were hard in their character

and play on the pitch....

But this is a Leicester forum,so to claim arrogantly but in fairness true bragging rights,no Club seen for such a long period 3 of the best Wclass goalkeepers!!!

1959>>>>1985...Plus a couple more decent youngsters u21 internationals!!

Great post, really enjoyed it, You are certainly right in regard to Mark Wallington, great club man and in another era may well have been England's keeper too....Wish we had a keeper of his quality in the England squad now..we were so lucky to have had all 3 of them.....regards

On 08/04/2019 at 12:53, Babylon said:

It's so hard to know, as soon as someone reaches his age they can drop off a cliff quite quickly. He's still a good enough player to just turn into a pure finisher, like Cottee was for us. But injuries can start mounting up as well and you don't recover as quick. 

IMO it would be irresponsible to not start planning ahead, we've got a space coming free for a striker in the summer so it needs to be someone who can take over his role as main striker at some point. 

Who better than Che Adams imo.