Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

Good tackle that. The standard seems to be better in this game. Not sure the pass completion stats but I'd imagine they're better than most games.

• Like 1

Just now, ealingfox said:

It's weird seeing two players challenge for a ball without one of them hitting the deck regardless of contact.

Yes after this number of games in the men's world cup we would have been analysing a dozen or more dives. Don't think I have seen one so far in this competition. Hopefully a few yellow cards after VAR penalty reviews show that the player has tried to con the ref might dissuade a few of the repeat offenders next season

Just now, Izzy said:

Good tackle that. The standard seems to be better in this game. Not sure the pass completion stats but I'd imagine they're better than most games.

So it should be these two teams are supposed to be among the favourites

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

So it should be these two teams are supposed to be among the favourites

True that. 

Must say the more I see of this WWC the more I'm all over the idea of the women playing on a slightly smaller pitch with slightly smaller goals. 

The frustration for me is the amount of incomplete longer/final balls, where as the shorter passes seem more accurate. 

Just now, Izzy said:

True that. 

Must say the more I see of this WWC the more I'm all over the idea of the women playing on a slightly smaller pitch with slightly smaller goals. 

The frustration for me is the amount of incomplete longer/final balls, where as the shorter passes seem more accurate. 

I think as the game progresses into more professional status with better coaching and fitness levels improve pitch size will become less of an issue. I don't think that it should be changed as then we would get into the whole men vs women Wimbledon type debate that the game is inferior as it is not played to the same rules

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

yet to see us play anywhere close to some of the other teams, unless we raise our game we'll be out early.

Certainly always room to play better.

But, currently top of the group and up one on one of the toughest teams to score on. 

Edited by spacemunky

Just now, urban fox said:

I think as the game progresses into more professional status with better coaching and fitness levels improve pitch size will become less of an issue. I don't think that it should be changed as then we would get into the whole men vs women Wimbledon type debate that the game is inferior as it is not played to the same rules

I heard the suggestion for smaller pitches/goals on the radio from an ex England womens international. She mentioned that in athletics the women have smaller hurdles and is in effect a different discipline. 

I've no problem with the women making their own game/rules and differentiating it from the mens game if it betters the standard and viewing spectacle.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Trying to hold onto a 1-0 is always a risky tactic. Neville needs to change it around a bit. some tired looking legs out there

Because the pitch is too big?

Not making excuses but they clearly don't have the same level of fitness/stamina as professional men.