Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Always think a player chewing gum is being lazy. I don't think you're fully at it if you're chewing during play, and I gives the impression you're relaxed. I'd expect a languid player like Ozil to do but get away with it, Kirby, from what I've seen his a hardworking Okazaki type, i want to see her pumped up for the match, not chilled.

It’s the opposite for me. When I play if I’ve got a dry mouth I’m ****ed so chewing gum is essential.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Always think a player chewing gum is being lazy. I don't think you're fully at it if you're chewing during play, and I gives the impression you're relaxed. I'd expect a languid player like Ozil to do but get away with it, Kirby, from what I've seen his a hardworking Okazaki type, i want to see her pumped up for the match, not chilled.

Yeah, I think you need to be properly really good to get away with chewing gum while playing football.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Always think a player chewing gum is being lazy. I don't think you're fully at it if you're chewing during play, and it gives the impression you're relaxed. I'd expect a languid player like Ozil to do but get away with it, Kirby, from what I've seen his a hardworking Okazaki type, i want to see her pumped up for the match, not chilled.

That's why baseball players are all big gum chewers.  There always standing around blowing bubbles and scratching themselves.

That was bloody awful. Pearce and Smith banging on about how brilliant Fran Kirby was - she was dogshite, as were most of the England team. Only Lucy Bronze and Jill Scott performed at anything like the level we need. The rest I'm afraid seem to believe their own hype. As for Parris, never rated her, and tonight I saw why. Cmon England, you're so much better than that.

45 minutes ago, Izzy said:

:englandsmile4wf:

You watched the whole match!   :thumbup:  I'm ever more impressed with your open mind towards womens' football.

No US Open Friday live broadcast available I take it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

That was bloody awful. Pearce and Smith banging on about how brilliant Fran Kirby was - she was dogshite, as were most of the England team. Only Lucy Bronze and Jill Scott performed at anything like the level we need. The rest I'm afraid seem to believe their own hype. As for Parris, never rated her, and tonight I saw why. Cmon England, you're so much better than that.

Aggyyhh you troll, We are in the last 16, don't worry ,be happy...

& The cricketers won...lads & lasses...:P

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Aggyyhh you troll, We are in the last 16, don't worry ,be happy...

& The cricketers won...lads & lasses...:P

Not at all, I've probably seen more women's footy than most of you, and there's no doubt in my mind we were crap tonight. Mind, I've not seen a really good performance yet - oops, USA 13 was quite good. Still, as you say, last 16, game to spare, if only the men could do that. Maybe we'll do a Germany and improve thru the tournament

And was just about to watch the cricket, not knowing the result, now you've spoilt it. Dickhead!!

Edited by steveherbe
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You watched the whole match!   :thumbup:  I'm ever more impressed with your open mind towards womens' football.

No US Open Friday live broadcast available I take it?

:D I had the women’s football on BBC and the golf on Sky go on my laptop at the same time.

Gotta say I was impressed with the Argentina keeper and some of England’s possession play. Also enjoyed Scotland’s goal earlier today.

I guess my take on the women’s football I’ve seen so far this week is that there’s the odd moment of good stuff mixed in with some poor stuff. I do get frustrated with the lack of quality of the final ball sometimes but it is what it is. 

Best thing is that they just get on with it and don’t Fvck about play acting. And they have a laugh with the ref too. Think it’s been played in great spirit so far.

Think the US will take some beating mind :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Not at all, I've probably seen more women's footy than most of you, and there's no doubt in my mind we were crap tonight. Mind, I've not seen a really good performance yet - oops, USA 13 was quite good. Still, as you say, last 16, game to spare, if only the men could do that. Maybe we'll do a Germany and improve thru the tournament

And was just about to watch the cricket, not knowing the result, now you've spoilt it. Dickhead!!

They did. Just last year.

Guest MattP

Watched a bit myself last night out of curiosity, it was far worse than I expected.

The touch, pace and skillset on show was appalling and I can now see why the top womens teams get thumped by kids sides.

Just for clarity - I still enjoy women's tennis and cricket, as those sports are still highly entertaining slowed down, football however just isn't easy on the eye for me at this pace.

I was listening to an ex England women's player on TalkSport yesterday talking about the difference between the women and mens game.

She mentioned that in Athletics the women have smaller hurdles and in tennis play less sets.

She thought maybe women's football should be played on a smaller pitch with smaller goals to make it a better spectacle and I think she might be onto something....

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

I was listening to an ex England women's player on TalkSport yesterday talking about the difference between the women and mens game.

She mentioned that in Athletics the women have smaller hurdles and in tennis play less sets.

She thought maybe women's football should be played on a smaller pitch with smaller goals to make it a better spectacle and I think she might be onto something....

I've been saying that for ages, makes no sense for them to play on men's pitches with men's nets. a tall goalie for a woman is like 5 foot

20 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Best thing I have done this week..:beer:

:trumpet:...