Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

Just now, pSinatra said:

This World Cup is setting a bad precedent.  Every fvcking decision is going to VAR

We criticise PL referees, but surely they ain't so shit that they're referring to VAR every 5 minutes

Totally agree.

I think it's taking away from the confidence or maybe ability of the officials, knowing that it'll just go to VAR anyway.

I like to see the right call, but this isn't working this way.

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

Totally agree.

I think it's taking away from the confidence or maybe ability of the officials, knowing that it'll just go to VAR anyway.

I like to see the right call, but this isn't working this way.

They're making an arse of it.  As you've already pointed out, having to show the same clip on a loop 50 times, when it was obvious well before that.

The few times I'd seen it used before the WC, it seemed to be working fine.  I hope it remains that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

This has been a terrific match.

Shame one of these two will exit in the R16.

Best quality game of the WWC so far for me. I've quite enjoyed it actually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

I'm nervous and I don't really care who wins lol

Shame to see a loser here, they both worked their nuts off. 

Reckon either would beat England if they face them in the latter stages based on tonight's performances.

Just now, Izzy said:

Shame to see a loser here, they both worked their nuts off. 

Reckon either would beat England if they face them in the latter stages based on tonight's performances.

I think these are two of the better teams I've seen in this WC. I think either could've even gave the US or Germany a good game.

Good quality match. The NO.10 Hansen for Norway looks a really good player and their central defenders were excellent too.

Norwegian penalties were excellent and personified calmness whereas Australia's were the complete opposite.

VAR is close to ruining the competition though. Have to say I'm generally in favour of technology but the length of time to review things is absurd. Over 4 minutes for the penalty last night. I don't see the point of having a load of people reviewing it if all they do is hand it back to the ref. Why couldn't they just freeze frame the video at the point the ball made contact with the defender? Also the number of reviews going on after the particular incident has taken place and the ball is up the other end of the pitch is potentially going to be very disruptive.

If it is like this next season matches won't finish until about 5.15pm with a 3pm kick off.