Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Fox Covert

Glastonbury

I remember watching Guns and Roses at Leeds Festival in 2002. Axl Rose's voice was so impressive back then, probably the first time I heard someone sing live and was taken aback. He could still belt out the really high stuff and had all his singing range. At 61 it's not surprising he can't hit the high notes anymore. 

But Slash and Duff McKagan have still got it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Axl's voice might have gone to shit but you can't fault Slash on the guitar.

I remember an old episode of Top Gear from years ago when I think he did the 'Star in the car' lap. Bloody nice bloke too.

Edited by tom27111

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know next to fvck all about performing or the guitar but Slash really is one in a million ain't he?

Pretty much carrying this on his own

Slash is one of the best. Absolute genius. Must belt one of those solos out and turn around and think - ffs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Never really been a fatboy slim fan but his set pretty good. Leftfield & Pretenders were good too, Grohl made a guest appearance. 

Saw in when Adele was on, whenever that was, and it was f**king epic.  He's absolutely mad for it still

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Slash is one of the best. Absolute genius. Must belt one of those solos out and turn around and think - ffs. 

Does another guitarist even come close?

I'm too young to remember Hendrix, but he's the only one I can think of.

Edited by tom27111

2 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Never really been a fatboy slim fan but his set pretty good. Leftfield & Pretenders were good too, Grohl made a guest appearance. 

Pretenders were brilliant. 

One of those unexpected sets that was a real highlight.

Johnny Marr, Dave Grohl and then Paul McCartney watching spoke volumes.

You've got to be pretty special for that to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Does another guitarist even come close?

I'm too young to remember Hendrix, but he's all the only one I can think of.

Not in a holding a band together way. Gary Moore was equally talented, but there is something about Slash that is off the charts. The fact he is doing this in his late 50s is stunning. 

Feel a bit sorry for Axl. Don’t keep up with GnR these days (was a die hard fan back in the day) but I imagine he has nights where he can still belt it out, but tonight isn’t one of those. But whilst Slash looks like a legend, Axl looks a relic. All imho of course. 

• Like 2