Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Cheltenham Away Match Thread

On 20/07/2019 at 16:44, StriderHiryu said:

Nah, it's definitely a stylistic change in the team this season. Perez and Albrighton were doing it loads in the last game too. Brendan wants goals, and those players need to get them! Only way to get goals is get into attacking positions, so it's becoming a feature of our play. Quality finish from Albrighton, so who knows perhaps he is capable of a few more goals this season?

I think Nduwkwu was taken off because he wasn't putting in the workrate expected that Albrighton is showing. I think that's good from Rodgers, make sure the team isn't dicking about.

I still maintain that Albrighton can get double figures in a full season under Rodgers, or a good half-dozen in a sub capacity. He's been a pure playmaker for us up to this point, but there's enough to hint that he and the other wingers are being encouraged to mix it up and get into shooting positions. And we've seen hints of his skill in the box in the past - most notably his goals against Sevilla in the UCL and Man City last year.

16 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I still maintain that Albrighton can get double figures in a full season under Rodgers, or a good half-dozen in a sub capacity. He's been a pure playmaker for us up to this point, but there's enough to hint that he and the other wingers are being encouraged to mix it up and get into shooting positions. And we've seen hints of his skill in the box in the past - most notably his goals against Sevilla in the UCL and Man City last year.

Would love to see it as his finishing often goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. He hasn't ever changed much in terms of goals and assists, always chipping in with very little but doing a job. His goal vs Man City in the cup last season was sensational though.

56 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Personally I can't ever see him getting 10 goals, but to give credit where it's due, he's got into multiple goal scoring opportunities in both preseason games. He could and should have scored more than the one goal he's already got, which was a brilliant piece of play. Albrighton has a great engine on him and will run all day, so perhaps just making the runs into the box is enough to make a big difference. We shall see! He is a player that always surprises me and he always forces his way back into the team, no matter who the manager is.