Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Cheltenham Away Match Thread

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu has played x 2 45 mins of football and has kept 2 clean sheets winning 3-0. That lump who is Man Utd bound is -1 goal difference, absolute disgrace.

Also swear Soyuncu has a bigger head and that is Harry’s main selling point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Silly comparisons...

Everytime a striker doesn't get through and convert,with your logic,is also crap.

Just look at the names you mentioned +

Vardy,none of them PL quality..!?

Another put up for the seasonal witch-hunt...

FFs even top CBs struggle.

Look at Evans and Harry.!!!!

Soyu hasn't played a season yet,but it's ok to look at 2 bottom half CBs who also

Struggled,  Defenders have their ups and downs...it's the nature of the beast.

The reason those 3 players score goals is because they don't tackle. 

Gee. You'd think defenders actually played with other players who might have an impact on performance. Who would have thunk it? :dunno:

This forum. One day these games are all that matters the next day they don't matter at all. Think I'll just keep looking for youth players who might make the step up.

More fun than playing Wack a Mole.

48 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Soyuncu already down as the scapegoat

Not from me. My scapegoat is bloody Nacho, he looks every bit the dud, can't ever see him coming good. Hope I'm wrong but how much longer does BR give him! That said who in their right mind would spend decent money on him?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Every time I see Evans I honestly think I’d be fine if we’d got him a year earlier and spent £20m... just pure class

He certainly is rock steady. Manchester United could use a player like him . Oh wait a minute !!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know the players are generally not firing with 100% for friendlies but does that count the refs as well ? Some filth dished out in the two games so far. 

Tough test today as Cheltenham literally went 11 behind the ball on a tight pitch 

Test that we need as we always struggle to break down 10 behind the ball ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Who is this new young player. Ndukwu didnt do anything.

....you really worry for him!!!!

Once again he gets on the pitch and his expression is of someone who is making his first appearance. His body language does not change from game to game and you wonder if football is where his heart lies and he should be doing something else. He effectively goes through the motion, ambling around taking a touch and laying off a nothing ball and is never seen again.No passion, does not commit to a tackle, turns his back on defenders attempting to clear, fearing being hurt.

I know he has been injured and having been out for some time the conclusion is this  may well be psychological and really should have been dealt with sometime ago. He is now being assessed by another manager and his team, and yet he puts up another half cocked performance, his time at this club is running out....watching him today I really don't think he feels it really matters. 

I have watched him play several times and seen him when it appears he can be bothered....totally different player, great feet. pace and composure....he just does'n't want it enough!!!!

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s going to struggle against English type forwards for sure. Concentration lapses allowing strikers a chance, it’s like he’s a second too slow 

It’s not just this game though, it’s every game I’ve seen him in. Looks a complete bombscare. 

As soon as you start focusing on attacking attributes rather than defensive with a cb you’re asking for trouble. 

He’ll cost more goals than he’ll ever create imo

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s not just this game though, it’s every game I’ve seen him in. Looks a complete bombscare. 

As soon as you start focusing on attacking attributes rather than defensive with a cb you’re asking for trouble. 

He's not used to the pace and physicality of the English game. He's only made a handful appearances for us. 

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t be the only one who thinks Soyuncu looks muck? 

Let’s give him a chance!!! No pre season last year with us, and hardly any minutes. Only way he’s gonna learn is to get experience. De Gea was lightweight when he first went to Man United but has developed into one of the best keepers in the world. Not saying Soyuncu is going to become the best centre half on the planet, but these friendlies can only benefit him

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know the players are generally not firing with 100% for friendlies but does that count the refs as well ? Some filth dished out in the two games so far. 

Tough test today as Cheltenham literally went 11 behind the ball on a tight pitch 

A lot is let slide by in preseason...

50 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This isn’t a maguire thread?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Not from me. My scapegoat is bloody Nacho, he looks every bit the dud, can't ever see him coming good. Hope I'm wrong but how much longer does BR give him! That said who in their right mind would spend decent money on him?

True, but what was the point of playing him in the B team?

If he had played in the second half he might have been more involved and maybe got on the scoresheet which might have helped him. 

• Like 1