Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Cheltenham Away Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure a loan spell will do a lot unless we can get him a PL club. The lad was in the Bundesliga team of the year and was extremely highly rated so yes loaning him to keep playing first team football is one thing, or we try and invest enough training and coaching in to him being ready for us? 

I just don't see him as a player who is capable of playing 20-30 games a season for us yet. As I said the other day too, at least one of Soyuncu and Benkovic won't get regular game time, therefore a loan spell out somewhere would be the right move at this moment in time.

Soyuncu needs to prove himself week in week out against top level strikers, that's the only answer of how he'll improve. I can't see him getting the game time required with us, loaning him out to a lower Premier League team or one of the big teams in the Championship might be ideal.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet got in the Bundesliga team of the season.

....which team of the season do you mean, cricket, softball....?

The fact is that Soyuncu was in the season 2017/2018 of 34 games a total of once in the team of the match day. 

He finished in 142nd place out of 215 rated players.

His average grade was 3.48. Best grade is 1 - worst 6. Source: KICKER the only football magazine in Germany.

This clearly shows that Soyuncu was only an average player in Freiburg/Germany and he is therefore not fit for the much better Premier League.

He was never nominated in a Bundesliga team of the year.

• Thanks 1

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/freiburg-s-caglar-soyuncu-interesting-guardiola-s-man-city-and-klopp-s-liverpool-467802.jsp

interesting article from last year which shows how he took time to settle in Germany to begin with but kicked on to become a key defender. Give him a few more opportunities and he will get there. Can’t get experience of the league if he isn’t given any

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Buce said:

I've been watching City for something like fifty years now and I've seen hundreds of players come and go, but there's been a bare handful as reliable as Mark Albrighton. He always gives his best, even when he's not at his best, never moans when he's dropped, just knuckles down and works hard to get back into the side. When we look back on the 2016 legends, it will be Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté who will first come to mind, but MA is every bit the legend that they are. He is a consummate professional.

Absolutely Brilliant post, I too have been a City fan since 1959 and Marc Albrighton is exactly as you have described, one of City`s most successful signings ever as far as I am concerned, he really would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Absolutely Brilliant post, I too have been a City fan since 1959 and Marc Albrighton is exactly as you have described, one of City`s most successful signings ever as far as I am concerned, he really would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Totally agree - I love the bloke - but..,

still can't get over that dumb penalty he gave away against Newport in the Cup.

I realise that says more about me than him. I'm an old bleeder who still harbours daft dreams of us winning the FA Cup before my number's held up. And I really thought...

But what's the point - never going to sodding happen, is it?

10 hours ago, mucfox said:

....which team of the season do you mean, cricket, softball....?

The fact is that Soyuncu was in the season 2017/2018 of 34 games a total of once in the team of the match day. 

He finished in 142nd place out of 215 rated players.

Well the fact he said Bundesliga, you know, the top football division in Germany, gives you a bit of a clue. That’s just a facetious comment, I’m all for a heated discussion but no need to be a dick about it mate. 

The rest of your post is interesting stuff! Some good numbers to back it up, but I was, as was Ric, under the impression that he was in a team of the season for the Bundesliga. Somebody put the graphic up on here the other day. 

Went the game and just two points to make. (May have already been made).

1) Evans is our best centre half and it will be him and 1 other this season. Also looks a beast with his new haircut.

2) Nacho is beyond hope. We will not get a fee for him now. He will be on the wage bill until his contract runs out. Then he will go down as our worst signing in history. 

Fifty years since I watched us lose another cup final at Wembley, the third in eight years so I too along with Stoopid would love us to put everything into winning this before I shuffle off this mortal coil ! Please Brendan make winning the F A cup our priority along with Premier long term safety.

• Like 2

Think Albrighton can be a bit of a dark horse this year when it comes to attacking. That goal he scored was totally out of the Vardy playbook. He's always had a knack for getting a goal here and there when our main threats were always Vardy and Mahrez, but also by design of how we used him, he's always been a bit more conservative as a provider with crosses or passes or defending as RWB. But now with Rodgers philosophy of attacking more and Maddison and Tielemans being the ones creating chances, an attacking trio of Vardy, Albrighton and Perez banging them in sounds dreamy. 

6 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Went the game and just two points to make. (May have already been made).

1) Evans is our best centre half and it will be him and 1 other this season. Also looks a beast with his new haircut.

2) Nacho is beyond hope. We will not get a fee for him now. He will be on the wage bill until his contract runs out. Then he will go down as our worst signing in history. 

Good to see nobody is overreacting after a pre season friendly

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Think Albrighton can be a bit of a dark horse this year when it comes to attacking.

He's been playing on the left again this pre season where he's far more comfortable. Put him on the right and he struggles badly, its clear as day.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

He's been playing on the left again this pre season where he's far more comfortable. Put him on the right and he struggles badly, its clear as day.

Our 'Le cut inside man' since we didn't get Robben lol