Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Maddison- Manchester United.

56 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think he is too inconsistent. I'm not sure he is anywhere near the level of De Bruyne. He only ever performs when he wants to.

If he got his arse in gear he has the potential but his attitude seems lacking. Maddison so far seems to have a great attitude, works hard even when playing badly and is still learning. He is certainly more effective in more games and a better team player.  

This is what I mean. Maddison is the better player - Pogba arguably the more talented. 

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think he is too inconsistent. I'm not sure he is anywhere near the level of De Bruyne. He only ever performs when he wants to.

If he got his arse in gear he has the potential but his attitude seems lacking. Maddison so far seems to have a great attitude, works hard even when playing badly and is still learning. He is certainly more effective in more games and a better team player.  

I'm not arguing his inconsistency, which is legendary, I'm arguing that it's not a product of his laziness but rather his inability to gel properly with his team.  Mourinho and Ole usually fail to play him in a position that suits him, and when they do, there are other things that influence his game as well, such as his awful teammates (he played last game in a midfield with Pereira and McTominay).

You can see his quality when he plays for a competent manager and skilled teammates in France's NT. He's just not the type to impose himself on a game despite handicaps - that does not take away from his quality, just means that he's a player that needs help from a coach to fully unlock his talent.

I happen to think that Maddison is a very smart young man who has big ambitions for himself (good thing). He knows that his immediate future is is best served by playing every week and being the star at Leicester. Playing for a dysfunctional Manchester side is not path forward for  an ambitious  young player

I truly hope it doesn’t but I’ve got a horrible feeling this will be the next Man Utd/SKY stirred up transfer next summer, we need to get into Europe and even that’s not a guarantee he’d stay. The media can’t stand teams like us having good players and they’ll bang on and on about it, “he’s with England now so obviously needs to be at a bigger club” SKY sources report 🙄 

46 minutes ago, car1os said:

'Potential target'

'Reportedly made a move'

It's all bollocks isn't it. I wish our club would just put a blanket ban on certain newspapers that just talk shit about us 24/7. The problem is we'd probably have no media outlets left.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2019 at 19:40, Always Next Year said:

Close now before this gets to 2000 pages of utter crap.

Tbf You have a good point I can remember when this section of the forum was closed down completely when the windows were not open and I think that’s an approach the the forum should go back to.

• Like 3