Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Maddison- Manchester United.

United know it will take another huge bid, similar to the £80million which finally secured central defender Harry Maguire.

Manchester United are preparing another transfer raid on Leicester – this time for rising star James Maddison.

The 22-year-old midfielder who is expected to be named this week in Gareth Southgate’s England squad is wanted by Old Trafford boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he looks to continue the rebuild of his squad.

Maddison fits the identikit of the Norwegian’s future plans, young and bursting with energy as Solskjaer looks to bring down the average age of his side.

But United know it will take another huge bid, similar to the £80million which finally secured central defender Harry Maguire’s switch from the King Power Stadium, to repeat the feat with Maddison.

0_Sheffield-United-v-Leicester-City-Prem
James Maddison helped Leicester beat Sheffield United on Saturday (Image: PA)

Leicester , who have lofty ambitions of their own, will be reluctant to part with the player they bought from Norwich for £20million last summer. 

But like they discovered over Maguire, it will be hard to hang onto Maddison once United come calling.

United will make a bid in the January transfer window but it’s likely they will have to wait until the end of the season to prompt Leicester into meaningful discussions.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-plotting-another-leicester-19000658

Yes the shit has started and we are only three games in.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-boss-ole-gunner-19001491?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

The media are already trying to sell our players, why would anyone go to manager less Man Spew!!! 

Man Utd are still a million miles from sorting their shit out & are are becoming less and less of an attractive proposition for any player.

They have become what Liverpool were.  Randomly throwing silly money at players without an actual strategy.  They can't even decide on who is their penalty taker.

Anyway.  I expect Maddison to be signing a new contract very soon.

• Like 2

Lazy journalism combined with the thought of us spoiling the party again by the press. 

Ole looked like a lost little boy again on MOTD. I think they will implode eventually this year as they have some rotten players still lurking around. 

9 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Man Utd are still a million miles from sorting their shit out & are are becoming less and less of an attractive proposition for any player.

They have become what Liverpool were.  Randomly throwing silly money at players without an actual strategy.  They can't even decide on who is their penalty taker.

Anyway.  I expect Maddison to be signing a new contract very soon.

Which as we know from experience, simply means we can demand a bigger fee. I'll be amazed if Maddison is still here this time next year. I don't want him to go, but we've got to be realistic.

14 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Sadly inevitable i suspect come january he will stay but on a much better contract. We will then get till the summer or the following summer depending on how strong we hold out.

If we finish top 4 he will stay pretty clear that the likes of Ricardo and him may move on if we cannot offer Champions league/ Europa league football

Why don't they try and buy Neves instead? How come no one ever talks about players from Wolves who are very good.

If they want in January I'd personally tell them it is 150 million, up front, all of it, absolutely no staggered payments and deal must be complete by the end of the 2nd day of the window or they can do one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Which as we know from experience, simply means we can demand a bigger fee. I'll be amazed if Maddison is still here this time next year. I don't want him to go, but we've got to be realistic.

Next summer will be worse than the window just gone.

Madders, Ricardo and Chilwell will all be on teams radars. Holding onto them is gonna be difficult. Think ideally we would only sell 1, but unless we have put a trophy on the table and got European football to offer I think next summer may signal a few being tempted to move on.

Just now, Bayfox said:

Next summer will be worse than the window just gone.

Madders, Ricardo and Chilwell will all be on teams radars. Holding onto them is gonna be difficult. Think ideally we would only sell 1, but unless we have put a trophy on the table and got European football to offer I think next summer may signal a few being tempted to move on.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that we bought Justin and Praet with one eye on the possibility that those you mention could move on (with Tielemans moving into Maddison's role) - kind of like how we prepared for Maguire's departure by buying Soyuncu and Benkovic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If we finish top 4 he will stay pretty clear that the likes of Ricardo and him may move on if we cannot offer Champions league/ Europa league football

Got no chance of champions league, i think the top 4 will be man city, liverpool, spurs and arsenal.

Europa league we have a very good chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I just love the Sun and Star.  They need to keep all their Yanited fans happy.  I hope Top tells Woodpecker to go do one this time.  

except of course this story is from the Mirror..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

except of course this story is from the Mirror..

It was in 4 papers including the two I mentioned and the Mail.  Perhaps we get different on-line versions in the Alps?