Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Got the Dinamoel to the bloody champions league semi finals lads, where I was knocked out 1-0 on agg by Man City. I'm crushed but what a ride it's been. WE GO AGAIN next season, millions upon millions in the bank but still looking for them bargains, Egypt is doing me well at the moment, finding some top tier prospects that will join in a couple of years and soak up the Georgian sun

• Like 1

Not played for well over 5 weeks I reckon because I was sick of drawing 1-1 whilst battering teams and the opposition snatching a win. Their goal would always be from a restraining order distance too. Back in the saddle at Toluca in my pentagon save though, I won the North American Champions League in my first season after winning the African one in consecutive years. Still at Toluca even though I'm agitating for a move to Argentina, declared interest in the San Lorenzo job but don't think they're arsed about me, not one bit. Really hoping for the Boca job but their newgen manager hasn't been in the job long (River a close second).

It's great operating in the Latin American market though because you find some mad players.

278021303_Screenshot2020-07-08at00_13_45.thumb.png.b2d16b1cedbd2032f3f19a041d7ba8af.png

Some really poor mental stats, rapid, average height & bravery but one of the best headers of the ball in the world apparently. He's cheap enough I'll probably sign him out of curiosity as a back up.

Caved in and bought FM 20 for £16. Fancied beginning in Norway but might do my own Scandinavian challenge trying to win the league in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, FInland and Iceland. No real affinity with any clubs, win and pack my bags lol Probably have to do it in reverse order though

After getting to the Premier League in 2027 and then having a season of stability, I began to start hoarding and poaching youth players

It is now 2032 with a few having made it into my actual first team, and we have now just had our first summer of prosperity after flogging all the players who aren't going to be good enough for my squad

All the highlighted players below were signed for a total of £2.3m, and have now been sold for a total of £56.5m, having only featured in a grand total of 11 league games for us (Luke Evans 10, Jordan Tait 1 - all substitute appearances)

image.thumb.png.f8c65fc86ef75e9c4db9b2ebc9589607.png

As you can see from the left side we have also brought in 5 more youngsters so far this summer to add to the current crop

We currently have 32 youth players that have been bought that are in my youth squads (with some heading out on loan) who we will be trying to develop to either join my first team squad, or to be sold for profit, with many more players being added every transfer window!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

How do you stop a certain defender just smashing it clear every time? What attributes do I need to look at? 

We play "controlled" and he's the only center back that just launches it.

I'd say 50% the ball just comes back and oppotion score also.

On 06/07/2020 at 16:48, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Got the Dinamoel to the bloody champions league semi finals lads, where I was knocked out 1-0 on agg by Man City. I'm crushed but what a ride it's been. WE GO AGAIN next season, millions upon millions in the bank but still looking for them bargains, Egypt is doing me well at the moment, finding some top tier prospects that will join in a couple of years and soak up the Georgian sun

Into my third season at Dinamo Tbilisi now - six games left to go and the third title is all but sewn up, league season finishes in October, leaving me time to look at Europe. Got drawn in a CL group with PSG and Man City (and Leverkusen) - sit top with 7 points from 3 games including some sweet ass revenge against Peps banterless robots.

Not been quite as relentless in the league this season, have drawn a few and even lost one, but I like a small, young squad, and making it far in Europe on top of having to play eight qualifying games + international committments takes its toll on the boys. I think another extended run in Europe is on the cards, CL quarters at least but would love to go further than last year and make the final. Given the relatively small wage budget there's now the best part of 80 million quid in the bloody bank earnt entirely from competition prize money and player sales but I'm still squeezing out every bit of value possible from your ASEC Abidjans and your Zamaleks, wouldn't have it any other way baby! Always had an eye on a move away but the closer I get to tasting that sweet Gazprom the more I get lured back in to that sweet ass Erovnuli Liga

• Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 12:10, Fox92 said:

How do you stop a certain defender just smashing it clear every time? What attributes do I need to look at? 

We play "controlled" and he's the only center back that just launches it.

I'd say 50% the ball just comes back and oppotion score also.

Have you changed his individual instructions to pass shorter, is he low on composure, decisions and/or teamwork? Is he new to the team and still learning your formation? Do you have tempo set to particularly higher than is normal for a control formation? 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Have you changed his individual instructions to pass shorter, is he low on composure, decisions and/or teamwork? Is he new to the team and still learning your formation? Do you have tempo set to particularly higher than is normal for a control formation? 

I have changed to pass shorter for him as I thought that'd work. His composure and decisions are as good as the others (around the 13 mark). I do play higher tempo for games I'm expected to win. 

I'm not as great at the game as some of you are in this thread but just this one thing proper confused me.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I have changed to pass shorter for him as I thought that'd work. His composure and decisions are as good as the others (around the 13 mark). I do play higher tempo for games I'm expected to win. 

I'm not as great at the game as some of you are in this thread but just this one thing proper confused me.

Vision. composure, decisions. 

Your team mentality and any instructions will affect him too. What's your team's tactical familiarity level?

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Does he have the exact same role as your other CB? Hidden stats like ambition, important games and consistency can also play a part. 

High tempo on low tempo strategies can cause your players to be more direct than you expect. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking high tempo with short passing means your players pinging fast passes to each other. 

High tempo means they're trying to get as quickly as possible in to goal scoring positions which is inherently means being more direct. 

On 11/07/2020 at 23:06, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Into my third season at Dinamo Tbilisi now - six games left to go and the third title is all but sewn up, league season finishes in October, leaving me time to look at Europe. Got drawn in a CL group with PSG and Man City (and Leverkusen) - sit top with 7 points from 3 games including some sweet ass revenge against Peps banterless robots.

Not been quite as relentless in the league this season, have drawn a few and even lost one, but I like a small, young squad, and making it far in Europe on top of having to play eight qualifying games + international committments takes its toll on the boys. I think another extended run in Europe is on the cards, CL quarters at least but would love to go further than last year and make the final. Given the relatively small wage budget there's now the best part of 80 million quid in the bloody bank earnt entirely from competition prize money and player sales but I'm still squeezing out every bit of value possible from your ASEC Abidjans and your Zamaleks, wouldn't have it any other way baby! Always had an eye on a move away but the closer I get to tasting that sweet Gazprom the more I get lured back in to that sweet ass Erovnuli Liga

Ended up 3rd in that group didn't I, despite pounding Leverkusen 7-1 on the final day Man City beat PSG rendering it useless. Time for the Dinamoeli to smash the Europa, she's doable.

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

Vision. composure, decisions. 

Your team mentality and any instructions will affect him too. What's your team's tactical familiarity level?

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Does he have the exact same role as your other CB? Hidden stats like ambition, important games and consistency can also play a part. 

High tempo on low tempo strategies can cause your players to be more direct than you expect. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking high tempo with short passing means your players pinging fast passes to each other. 

High tempo means they're trying to get as quickly as possible in to goal scoring positions which is inherently means being more direct. 

Oh familiarity is strong, plus he's not a new player. They're both CD (defend). Initially I wondered is this why; does the "defend" mean he's an "old fashioned" defender (so to speak).

Maybe the high tempo thing is doing it then if that means more direct.

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing alright in league position and results (I'm only Chesterfield), but this is one thing that's annoying me so thought I'd ask.

On 29/06/2020 at 11:26, Mark_w said:

No problem, making me want to give it another go too.

I'm going to have a crack at starting a Portland Timbers save tonight. I already have another question... How important is it to have "general allocation money"? Also, what is "General Allocation Money"? 😂

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'm going to have a crack at starting a Portland Timbers save tonight. I already have another question... How important is it to have "general allocation money"? Also, what is "General Allocation Money"? 😂

I don't really remember, but there's a section on it here. https://dictatethegame.com/2019/10/31/how-to-manage-in-mls-fm20-guide/

Get your tissues out boys and not in a sexy incognito browser way.

I've outgrown my Syrian prince. I took him to Iceland from Damascus where he flourished, a glint in his eye and dynamite in Puma Kings. "Come back on Kamel Kaoeh and carry on playing!" the mob would shout, and he did, week after week - I then took him with me to the cosmopolitan melting pot of Tbilisi where he registered 28 assists in a 36 game season, helping me to an unbeaten campaign in the Eronvuli Liga, with a UEFA Gazprom Champions League semi final in the follow up campaign. "At least Dick Turpin wore a mask" remarked one journo, referencing the fact I'd signed him for a measly £25k.

Now, as I approach Channel 5's Europa League final against Borussia Monchengladbach - it becomes apparent I've simply got better players than him, and I've created a club that has transcended football. I've slowly watched as my signings have shaved half stars off his CA for the past six months, like wearing your favourite denims even though the crotch is about to wear out completely. I've sold him back to Iceland, and let me tell you lads, I was dicing onions as I confirmed the deal.

Don't be sad that it's over. Be happy it happened.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Won the league and cup somewhat unexpectedly at Toluca. Resigned and now I’m Guangzhou Evergrande’s top boy, China’s not really much fun they put in restrictions on foreign players. I’ve got an obscene £200m+ transfer budget but I’ll mostly be spending it on underwhelming Sinos