Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

On 17/07/2020 at 01:13, The Bear said:

I don't see the issue.

You can still sign 7 foreign players every season, apart from goalies. And pay them £90k p/w. 

You can only have 4 on the pitch at any one time so you're stuck with shit Chinese players. Chinese players are capped at £35k so I can't sign any good ones that are playing abroad

Have many people on here done an English lower league database save and have any tips? I got 2 promotions to get Ramsgate in the conference south but it's a hard slog having such an inferior budget/reputation to other sides The board won't even find me a parent club. 

Played 36, won 36, scored 122, conceded 6 - season done and into the Gazprom knockouts after sneaking through a group with Man City and paedo Simeone's cheating bandits. 

Not a single Georgian in my matchday squads since gameday 6/36.

1889693567_ScreenShot2020-07-18at19_31_18.png.fdf19aa1c0aaeb8c55305d2f2018155c.png

800973513_ScreenShot2020-07-18at19_31_33.png.d12ccd213d6e18bc3d8b8da6509c9bd0.png

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Gonna start in Iceland this week and just be a bit of a club/league hopper I think

The only gig I'm leaving Tbilisi for is Al Ahly in Egypt, praying she comes up at some point -although I wanna spawn the Georgian Messi, see a return all the upgrades. If that sweet ass Egyptian job never comes then I'll probably start a new save in Paraguay.  

Got FM on my girlfriends Macbook now and I can fly through the games in the mornings when she's at work lol 

Into season 4 of my Coventry save, and its looking a bit like this:

Season 1: League 1 Promotion (2nd place)

Season 2: Championship 12th

Season 3: Championship 11th

Now season 4, I brought back Angel Gomes in on loan who helped me achieve promotion from League 1. I've got Oliver Skipp in from Spurs to offer cover in centre midfield and defensive midfield. And then Rhian Brewster is on loan for the 3rd season in a row at the Ricoh Arena!! Hopefully I can get him on a permanent next season.

I've just knocked out Man Utd in the Caraboa Cup and we're making a promotion push this season in 6th place after 7 games, but Ii'm still working on a shoestring budget with the 22nd highest wage budget in the league. My only notable permanent signings were made in Jan last season where I was actually given a half decent transfer budget. Brought in our very own Iversen for 750k, and Palmer-Brown for 2.2m who's a CB from Man City.

It's quite a slow rise to the top I have to say but we're getting there.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 14:52, Cardiff_Fox said:

After unsuccessfully attempting to relaunch Hajduk Split's fortunes (bar a dismal full Champions League campaign), the next plan is to get Zurich Grasshoppers out of the Swiss second tier and back to Europe

Love me a challenge like that (Zurich). Switzerland is a tidy little league. Have taken Rapid Bucharest and Dinamo Moscow back to the top level in previous FM's. Certain i've tried Hadjuk in the past aswell but don't recall it lasting too long

Just can't get into this game atm. Last legacy I save I started was like 18 months ago and I had this random Serbian side in mind that I wanted to take over and it allowed me to plan it out somewhat. I've just taken over IA in Iceland, more or less at random, and won my first game 4-0 but i'm just not feeling it. Still like this idea of Scandinavia but might just start unemployed and bag myself a Norwegian/Swedish 2nd division job and work from there

Hajduk grabbed me back in - horrid season where I’m going to finish 4th after collapsing at the end of the season. 

However it’s now perfect time to clear the deadwood and make tweaks that will build a Hajdukobot no one can defeat. 

PS. Dinamo Zagreb are dead good on it and have wonderkid galore 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

On 25/07/2020 at 17:24, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

GAZPROM?! YOU CANT HANDLE THE GAZPROM - WE WON IT LADS, THE BOYS FROM GEORGIA WON IT. REAL MADRID, JUVENTUS, MAN UNITED, PSG - I GAVE YOU THE TONKING OF ALL TONKINGS

858494398_Screenshot2020-07-25at17_22_54.thumb.png.63b28fba1c9257cc2285e77862fa953c.png

You save scumming fraud. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2020 at 20:49, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hajduk grabbed me back in - horrid season where I’m going to finish 4th after collapsing at the end of the season. 

However it’s now perfect time to clear the deadwood and make tweaks that will build a Hajdukobot no one can defeat. 

PS. Dinamo Zagreb are dead good on it and have wonderkid galore 

The Hajdukobot is back! 

Running through Euro Cup II like it’s the laughable competition it is. On the coat-tails of Dinamo. But we are fun. Absolutely smashing goals in. The prospects are coming good. Finally got the striker I so badly needed - Jan Hurtado. What a beast 

On 03/08/2020 at 20:08, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Hajdukobot is back! 

Running through Euro Cup II like it’s the laughable competition it is. On the coat-tails of Dinamo. But we are fun. Absolutely smashing goals in. The prospects are coming good. Finally got the striker I so badly needed - Jan Hurtado. What a beast 

I had him for Hamburg in my first year up, got him on loan in January and he got a very respectable 9 goals in 17 - fell victim to some very decent strikers becoming available though, bet he's smashing it in Croatia.