Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 1-1, 4-2 penalties EFL Cup Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can we have a vote ?

ive freeze framed over and over again and Ritchie is always second to the ball ........how can he pass to shelvey on his right when the ball is on his instep ?

i haven’t seen anyone apart from you claim that hamza was second to the ball.... the freeze frames you refer to do not support your view

The follow through or strength of the tackle can be discussed but hamza definitely gets to the ball first ...... I just can’t see anything different and hamza’s interview in the mockery says as much 

Because he opened his foot up. What level did you play at just out of interest? 

If you’ve read this thread, or even the last three pages and think I’m the only person who holds the view he is second to the ball you’ve either had one to many on a Friday night or it’s a confirmation your observation skills aren’t to be taken seriously.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

45 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

We're obliged to agree with one poster, because he's played football, and none of the rest of us ever have. And even if we had, we've not done it well enough to have a contrary opinion. So there.

Is this the same one you’re too scared to quote In case he replies, tells you the truth and hurts your feelings?

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Because he opened his foot up. What level did you play at just out of interest? 

If you’ve read this thread, or even the last three pages and think I’m the only person who holds the view he is second to the ball you’ve either had one to many on a Friday night or it’s a confirmation your observation skills aren’t to be taken seriously.

You see the ball that's next to Hamzas foot, when Ritchie is still a good metre or so away...? That's Hamza getting to it first. Watch it in real time and watch it slowed down. If Hamza got to that second, its a straight red. The ref is right there. And no the ball is not blocking the space between Hamzas foot and the ball. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Is this the same one you’re too scared to quote In case he replies, tells you the truth and hurts your feelings?

Maybe you should re-name yourself 'Realist Guy in the Room'.

I doubt anything you could say would hurt my feelings.

I think the fact that it doesn't look like a really bad challenge from the angle we have, the fact he got booked for it, and the lack of interest in these early rounds means this one has gone slightly under the radar. On MotD with 15 angles we would certainly be able to say more, and hopefully Hamza would be absolved of serious intent.

The Loughborough Souness is on 2 hospitalisations in his last 10 games or so, he really can't afford another one soon. Keeping a really cool head is essential given his all action style and BR needs to get the messaging bang on, because his aggression is generally an asset.

Regarding the tackle itself, Ritchie gets a really poor touch, initially tries to get there but realises he isn't going to make it and Hamza is going to clear him out, tries to bale out a bit too late and is unlucky to get caught so heavily.

I won't argue with the yellow because the ref had a far better angle than we did (and Bruce did), and given Ritchie's mis-control, would have been looking right at it side on. I think 'horror' challenge is harsh from Bruce, but seeing your players hurt like that is hard for anyone.

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe you should re-name yourself 'Realist Guy in the Room'.

I doubt anything you could say would hurt my feelings.

That would be s disservice to him tbf he’s made you look like a tw@t on  numerous occasions and I’ve only managed it the once. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Personally I’m with Manwell (and we don’t always agree), I’d be livid if I was an opposition player with the tackle. I don’t think it’s controlled and once Hamza’s won the ball, he continues with his foot 

However the way Bruce is going about this for two reasons. Firstly to gain Newcastle’s squad/fans trust and also to disguise from his own problems. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally I’m with Manwell (and we don’t always agree), I’d be livid if I was an opposition player with the tackle. I don’t think it’s controlled and once Hamza’s won the ball, he continues with his foot 

However the way Bruce is going about this for two reasons. Firstly to gain Newcastle’s squad/fans trust and also to disguise from his own problems. 

Then you aren’t on the same page as pablo. He insists that Ritchie got there first, played the ball with the outside of the right foot (or turned his hips 90 degrees to play it with his right instep against all accepted capabilities of human movement ) to shelvey and then got clattered late by hamza ...... meanwhile, in the real world, I’ve nearly finished my morning sh1t ........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then you aren’t on the same page as pablo. He insists that Ritchie got there first, played the ball with the outside of the right foot to shelvey and then got clattered late by hamza ...... meanwhile, in the real world, I’ve nearly finished my morning sh1t ........

I'm reading it right now, hurry up....

Guest bss9401
On 28/08/2019 at 23:23, Ric Flair said:

giphy.gif

That's Ritchie and Bruce's view of the tackle;

This is Hamza and Rodger's view;

Image result for bobby moore tackle gif

Edited by bss9401