Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 1-1, 4-2 penalties EFL Cup Post Match Thread

How long before players like hamza start second guessing how they go about tackling. Anyone else think that's one of the best parts of his game?? I've seen hesitancy sneak in more and more in recent seasons.

It's a contact sport. How about we concentrate on the diving, play acting, ref conning, fan robbing culture, rather than a good old fashion honest tackle.

Fu*k yes.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naughty tackle for me, it’s the follow through. The original contact of the ball is good. I’d be raging if I was a Newcastle player with that 

Same here. I like his enthusiasm to win the the ball, but he takes the player out in a dangerous manner. Could of easily been a red. 

the thing is, the fact that its a conversation point means that the challenge was ill advised.  whether we think it was OK or not, Hamza is going to find himself in hot water with premier league referees who see any challenge where a player goes to ground as being a potential red card. its juts how the game is now - and whether Bruce tackled like that i kind of irrelevant.

i don't think the challenge was too bad, but knowing referees nowadays  i wouldn't have been surprised to have seen Hamza sent off for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He is actually injured ..... whatever your view on the challenge, the player had to be subbed off and will probably be out for a few weeks with ligament damage ...... 

Fair enough on the injury (never want to see anyone injured of course) it happens but to me was a solid challenge.

I do think Hamza puts the boot in some of his tackles and it will rub some refs the wrong way. No doubt he will see red cards in his career. 

Bruce going over the top about Hamza, yes it was a solid tackle but with no intent to hurt the guy.

He did not go over the top as Bruce said he got the ball Ritchie ran on for a good 10 yards then fell and rolled over at least two times.

Was he stretched off ! No he walked. 

Bruce poor looser, will be out of a job by the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naughty tackle for me, it’s the follow through. The original contact of the ball is good. I’d be raging if I was a Newcastle player with that 

Indeed.  If one of our guys had been on the receiving end of a challenge like that FT would be calling for a lifetime ban.

Edited by Deeg67