Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 1-1, 4-2 penalties EFL Cup Post Match Thread

653 passes with an accuracy of 86% compared to their 303 passes and 71% accuracy. 

By the the sounds of it, a lot were probably sideways but at least that’s a decent amount of passes. 

I always think players treat this cup as more than a friendly, but not like a league game. I’m happy we are through though.

I’m certain Luton will have a good pop at us and will catch us out if we don’t take them seriously enough. BR is taking this competition seriously. 

On LCFC radio the boys are saying Praet played at the base of the pivot (the 6) and had a great game, and were very impressed by him. Matt Elliott said he looked like he "added another dimension to Leicester we haven't seen before."

They say Maddison kept coming in to deep and got stranded from Vardy though still looked threatening when on the ball.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Go on Hamza

That’s out of order - I bet he hasn’t  even seen it .....dangle your leg and avoid a 50/50 and this is what happens to you. 

Managers should avoid phrases like that, especially when the player wasn’t red carded .......

Edited by st albans fox

30 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

653 passes with an accuracy of 86% compared to their 303 passes and 71% accuracy. 

By the the sounds of it, a lot were probably sideways but at least that’s a decent amount of passes. 

I always think players treat this cup as more than a friendly, but not like a league game. I’m happy we are through though.

I’m certain Luton will have a good pop at us and will catch us out if we don’t take them seriously enough. BR is taking this competition seriously. 

An interesting tidbit from LCFC radio related to this.

"Leicester are in that progressive phase as a team. At times they look delightful, stringing together all sorts of passes and runners breaking through the lines and attacking from all angles. At other times they look completely ordinary! It's to be expected and I think it will take some time. Compared to last season you can see a lot more of the Rodgers philosophy on show, but you can also see it's going to take time for the players to learn what is required from them."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s out of order - I bet he hasn’t  even seen it .....dangle your leg and avoid a 50/50 and this is what happens to you. 

Managers should avoid phrases like that, especially when the player wasn’t red carded .......

Bruce was born up near Newcastle and was a hard man on the pitch, he took no prisoners in his day.

Ritchie ain't no angel either, so just get on with it. Just trying deflection technique as it sounds like his team were poor and having lost at home trying to get sympathy from the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

giphy.gif

TBF it was only one footed.:whistle:. Having seen it on the highlights yes it was certainly full blooded and there was some follow through but it looked to me that Ritchie saw it coming, shied away from it and deliberately left a leg in looking for the foul. Do that in that situation and you will get hurt. Certainly not "nasty" in that there was anything delibertate on HC's part. Still probably lucky it was only a yellow.

• Like 2

Fantastic and perfectly legal challenge in my opinion. We need a player like Hamza to be willing to put his foot in and make opposition midfielders a little nervous. Have thought we have been short of a player like Hamza for last few years in the side. Ritchie clearly saw Hamza coming and bottled at the last second. 

• Like 1