Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 1-1, 4-2 penalties EFL Cup Post Match Thread

Completely over the top reaction over the Hamza challenge.

It's a tough, hard tackle. Probably is a foul in the Prem, but a booking at most. Some refs may have even let that go. 

You go down a league or two and that's not even a foul. 

This is being blown out of proportion, but we'd probably do the same had it been reversed. 

• Like 2

I love the fact that Hamza had watched Ritchie clatter a couple of teammates and took it on himself to put an end to it.

Ok, it was a strong one, but he'd been begging for it, and the fact that a young player like Hamza had the chops to protect his mates is something we should applaud.

Good for you, son!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I was totally unaware of the link between supporting a hard Brexit and the applauding of tackles. Has anyone asked Boris Johnson or Jacob Rees-Mogg what they think about Hamza's challenge?

Tried asking Boris about it, but halfway through the conversation he suspended the chat and disappeared,..

Moggy thought it was a decent tackle. At least I think that's what he said. Hard to tell, really.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can dress it up any way you want if he keeps flying in in a similar manner to last night ref's in the Premier League  he will get himself into trouble.  It is not a great challenge and it's certainly excessive force and he doesn't look in complete control. Obviously Bruce is going to blow it up but there are refs out there that would of sent him for that tackle.

All good complaining about it but that wont change anything, and all good saying how great it is that he is willing to do that for the team but the team will be down a player in different circumstances.

You can play the way he does without sticking in challenges like that, needs to be more disciplined and controlled than that. It's utter begger's belief some people are saying "it's not even a faul" he's ridiculously late and doesn't even touch the ball, perhaps those claiming the reaction is over the top would like to take a similar challenge (which required three stiches) and see how they react.

Not to take anything away from him in general he's been brilliant so far this season

It a Funny thing,but I find myself agreement & disagree with you at the same time....

It was a hardish tackle,with intent,no studs,not over the top ,with Study high,und no stampdown,just an aggressive show of this is my ball.

What we cant see did he catch Ritchie,in his movement,and look Now Ritchie went in,was also with intent,and Ritchie came out worse off.

This for me,us an Everyday tackle,that gets incorrectly Judged from Refs und fans,because a Player falls over in the process,gets hurt,even when  the

Opposition Player basically Stands his own tackling-ground.I See no reason Why a Player using his foot and leg( it is fooball ) to go for the ball with intent,wins

the duel ,with a hard but what seems a normal tackle....I have seen the City fans and managers get upset when our pLayer comes Off worse,Bit it was just a 50/50

Ball....I reckon we all let ourselves get influenced by the moment,because Today we are cynical & blind when we lose the ball....Everything must be a foul!!!

I have only seen One angle,other Angles could prove me wrong...I just Think Choudry Moves in ,with hard intent,but not reckless...

• Like 1

According to the radio commentary Ritchie was clearly worked up and looking likely to take out one of our players.

If this was in fact the case, then it really does seem Hamza saw his opportunity and decided to take him out. I don't really have a problem with that.

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can dress it up any way you want if he keeps flying in in a similar manner to last night ref's in the Premier League  he will get himself into trouble.  It is not a great challenge and it's certainly excessive force and he doesn't look in complete control. Obviously Bruce is going to blow it up but there are refs out there that would of sent him for that tackle.

All good complaining about it but that wont change anything, and all good saying how great it is that he is willing to do that for the team but the team will be down a player in different circumstances.

You can play the way he does without sticking in challenges like that, needs to be more disciplined and controlled than that. It's utter begger's belief some people are saying "it's not even a faul" he's ridiculously late and doesn't even touch the ball, perhaps those claiming the reaction is over the top would like to take a similar challenge (which required three stiches) and see how they react.

Not to take anything away from him in general he's been brilliant so far this season

is that you steve ?????

either you're looking at it on a commodore 64 or a nokia from 1995 …………..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You are right in that if he keeps flying in he will get targeted by Refs, but he done nothing wrong last night.

If you replay the incident and slow it down you'll see that Hamza got to the ball first and cleared it. Richie in his wisdom tried to take Hamza out and kicked the sole of Hamza Boot. It was no more than a coming together of two committed players. But Ritchie was out to hurt someone last night and came off worse himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

is that you steve ?????

either you're looking at it on a commodore 64 or a nokia from 1995 …………..

Not sure when Steve Bruce started being concerned about us keeping 11 players on the pitch but you carry on being juvenile if you wish.

Maybe I am blind but seems pretty clear to me Ritchie has taken a shit touch tries to lay the ball off to Shelvey and it’s very odd the ball lands directly at Jonjo Shelvys feet given the angel hamser has come in at,  I’ve seen all kind of conspiracies to the extent some people think Matt Ritchie is trying to break Hamsars foot,  all rather ridiculous and the ins and outs of it are pretty irrelevant tbh. Bottom line is he goes in like that in the premier league on a regular basis he will start seeing red for it on a regular basis before long.

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not sure when Steve Bruce started being concerned about us keeping 11 players on the pitch but you carry on being juvenile if you wish.

Maybe I am blind but seems pretty clear to me Ritchie has taken a shit touch tries to lay the ball off to Shelvey and it’s very odd the ball lands directly at Jonjo Shelvys feet given the angel hamser has come in at,  I’ve seen all kind of conspiracies to the extent some people think Matt Ritchie is trying to break Hamsars foot,  all rather ridiculous and the ins and outs of it are pretty irrelevant tbh. Bottom line is he goes in like that in the premier league on a regular basis he will start seeing red for it on a regular basis before long.

You’re simply wrong mate

i was trying to use humour rather than being juvenile but in the end when you’re wrong you need to admit it 

Hamza plays the ball to shelvey as he gets there ahead of Ritchie - sadly for Ritchie, he paces his foot to the ground below hamzas follow through - hamza does not follow through onto a planted leg.... it’s a 50/50 where one player gore in solidly and the other tries to pull out - those who played the game  know what generally happens in that instance - Bruce should retract his comments 

0D268487-48D7-4D0F-B4B4-3152EDAF1AA8.jpeg.d005684f92a9c97bcd1577840c1ed353.jpeg

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You’re simply wrong mate

i was trying to use humour rather than being juvenile but in the end when you’re wrong you need to admit it 

Hamza plays the ball to shelvey as he gets there ahead of Ritchie - sadly for Ritchie, he paces his foot to the ground below hamzas follow through - hamza does not follow through onto a planted leg.... it’s a 50/50 where one player gore in solidly and the other tries to pull out - those who played the game  know what generally happens in that instance - Bruce should retract his comments 

0D268487-48D7-4D0F-B4B4-3152EDAF1AA8.jpeg.d005684f92a9c97bcd1577840c1ed353.jpeg

I’ve played the game thank you. For far to long and far too much according to my legs. 

The ball is hiding the gap between Chodurys foot and the ball, that’s not the point of contact, now assuming you’ve played the game specifically as a defender you’ll know when you launch a slide challenge That’s the kind of position your in about half a second before you do make contact, his right leg should be extended With his left leg tucked up. 

now to put this to bed the actual point of contact is above, both with Ritchie making contact with the ball and hamser  making contact with Ritchie, posted by jasper who clearly has too much time on his hands but has done an excellent job of showing what actually happened, the ball literally on Ritchie’s toe with hamser clearly about to flatten him and then hamser clattering him with ball gone (conviently exactly where Ritchie was trying to play It) He’s late, it’s excessive force, and he’s always going to get into trouble for it, or let’s so you’re right (your not) and next time he miss times it by half a second, the under lining   is he needs to be more controlled than that or he will get sent off in the premier league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1