Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesHub

Alex Pascanu to CFR Cluj

What a shame. I think he'll turn into a good talent. I know that some FTers want us to get rid of players when they're 21 but I'd happily hang onto talent like his.

On 30/08/2019 at 09:34, FIF said:

What a shame. I think he'll turn into a good talent. I know that some FTers want us to get rid of players when they're 21 but I'd happily hang onto talent like his.

I only want them to move on if there is no foreseeable route to the 1st team for them, in this instance the club obviously believe that.

Plus it's surely in the best interest of the player to be developing a career in a proper competitive league than to continue in what must be for them a pointless season or more in the U23s, I'm sure it will also improve his International chances.

Sometimes in life when your career hits a barrier it's time to find a new route for personal progress.

All the best for him decent player and seemingly a decent person.

• Like 3

Transfer confirmed by digisport (these guys tend to be very reliable):

https://www.digisport.ro/fotbal/liga-1/pascanu-nu-exista-in-fotbalul-mare-transferul-la-cfr-cea-mai-buna-alegere-714693

Guy needs match practice, the constant loaning out or playing for the reserves tends to become a bit of a dead-end and Cluj have recently won the league title twice in succession, and are holding up well against the dominance of the Bucharest outfits (Steaua, Dinamo).

Just missed out in both the Champions League and Europa League qualifiers.

Great choice nonetheless - he might be playing in Europe next season!

All the best in Romania, Alex!

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I only want them to move on if there is no foreseeable route to the 1st team for them, in this instance the club obviously believe that.

Plus it's surely in the best interest of the player to be developing a career in a proper competitive league than to continue in what must be for them a pointless season or more in the U23s, I'm sure it will also improve his intentional chances.

Sometimes in life when your career hit's a barrier it's time to find a new route for personal progress.

All the best for him decent player and seemingly a decent person.

I hope we have a 20% sell on fee.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

I hope we have a 20% sell on fee.

I guess it depends on whether they are paying for him and the state of his contract but yeah would be good.

"Paşcanu did not exist in big football!". Transfer to CFR, the best choice

Alex Paşcanu is the  new player of CFR Cluj . The champion won the distance battle with FCSB for the 20-year-old defender, and Răzvan Raţ congratulated him on the choice made.

Although he was very close to the FCSB, Paşcanu eventually preferred to go to Cluj. A logical decision, judging by the chaos that reigns in the vice champion of Romania. Under the command of Dan Petrescu, one of the best Romanian coaches, the young defender has the chance to grow, so that later he will return to the great football.

Răzvan Raţ, the former left defender of the national team, welcomed the decision of Paşcanu, who could not stay in Leicester, given that he only evolved for the U23 team.

" Besides solving two positions for CFR, this is a step forward for Paşcanu. Even if it is a return to Romania, he did not exist in big football. He plays for the second team, at 21 years old. matches standing in a first league. I say it is one step ahead of coming to CFR , "said Raţ, at the Football Club, on Digi Sport.

Paşcanu had agreed with FCSB

FCSB officials reached a common call on Saturday with their counterparts in Leicester for the transfer of Alexandru Pascanu, but the red-blue could not legitimize the central defender.

The transaction was blocked by the Romanian international agent. Gigi Becali does not agree to give the money to the intermediaries. Lately, there have been players who have had the opportunity to sign with the League 1 vice-champion, but who have not been legitimized in the end due to such problems.

It seems that the amount claimed by Paşcanu's agent is one in the amount of 100,000 pounds. As the negotiations with the FCSB were delayed because of this, when the CFR entered the thread, everything was very quickly established. The player also had a difficult word to say, preferring Cluj over a formation that is on the edge of the precipice.

20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

A Leicester reserve joins the side that knocked Celtic out of the Champions League.

Where's Sutton when you need him?

...and now have the opportunity to knock them out of the Europa League too - they've been drawn in the same group.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its such a shame we didnt think it best to loan him out. He was very impressive in the u21s and he has decent potential. Id much rather we loaned him out instead of constantly loaning these older lads like Slimani and Silva who cost us a fortune.Id sell the latter two for half market value just to get shot.

56 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Its such a shame we didnt think it best to loan him out. He was very impressive in the u21s and he has decent potential. Id much rather we loaned him out instead of constantly loaning these older lads like Slimani and Silva who cost us a fortune.Id sell the latter two for half market value just to get shot.

First of all I'm sure the club would entertain any cash offers for both Slimani and Silva, they weren't sold because we value them too high but because we never got a cash offer.

As for Pascanu I believe his contract was up this summer and we took up our option to extend it by a year against his wishes. We've taken a cash offer for a player who would have seen his time out here in the U23's for another season and then a likely move back to Romania for free in 12 months time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

In case you can't read, the article in the OP literally says the club tried to get him a Championship loan.

On 30/08/2019 at 09:47, MC Prussian said:

Transfer confirmed by digisport (these guys tend to be very reliable):

https://www.digisport.ro/fotbal/liga-1/pascanu-nu-exista-in-fotbalul-mare-transferul-la-cfr-cea-mai-buna-alegere-714693

Guy needs match practice, the constant loaning out or playing for the reserves tends to become a bit of a dead-end and Cluj have recently won the league title twice in succession, and are holding up well against the dominance of the Bucharest outfits (Steaua, Dinamo).

Just missed out in both the Champions League and Europa League qualifiers.

Great choice nonetheless - he might be playing in Europe next season!

All the best in Romania, Alex!

WTF is happening with Steaua? I know you can help me on that

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

WTF is happening with Steaua? I know you can help me on that

All in here:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/08/09/fcsb-fans-throw-fake-banknotes-in-protest-at-owner-becali

In short, all down to an incompetent and megalomaniac owner.

Two years ago, there was a battle between the club, the Communist Party and the Army for the name rights, and so Steaua is now known as FCSB, whilst the Army created a new club with the name Steaua, competing in the fourth division at present.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

All in here:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/08/09/fcsb-fans-throw-fake-banknotes-in-protest-at-owner-becali

In short, all down to an incompetent and megalomaniac owner.

Two years ago, there was a battle between the club, the Communist Party and the Army for the name rights, and so Steaua is now known as FCSB, whilst the Army created a new club with the name Steaua, competing in the fourth division at present.

So have most fans gone to support the 4th tier side?

I'm really happy for him, hope he does well. If he does, it's another success of our academy in recent years, even if we don't reap the rewards I think that's still a good thing. He wanted to play first team football, with a year on his contract, it makes sense to sell him on, hopefully with a sell on clause. Better for him than being 5th choice CB at Leicester. 

He was given the number 2 shirt and signed for £540k by all accounts. Seems like a relatively expensive transfer for a Romanian side. The record is only £2,700,000.

Noticed Hagi had joined Genk for £7,500,000. Wouldn’t have minded him, he looked decent, 

• Like 1