Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Rodgers, the wrong way round

6 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

It’s actually really easy, because after five games we have started with the wrong formation four times. We squeaked a point at Wolves because the handball law/VAR combo disallowed a goal that would have stood in any other season in football history, we edged Sheff Utd by one late spectacular goal, and who knows what would have happened at Bournemouth if Tielemans has gone, as many refs say he should have. 

We have played the two weakest top 6 sides and taken 1 point. That in itself is not necessarily the issue-the issue is that we played the wrong players in the wrong positions and are for long periods are failing to create. Brendan deserves an increasing amount of criticism for his stubbornness, and if he gets it wrong again against Spurs then he will be rightly under pressure.

Probably the most pessimistic way of looking at the season so far imaginable, We are going to edge a lot of games this season, that’s not a bad thing as it’s a competitive decision, and yeah I guess if every possible decision that could of gone against us did we probably might have a few points less (although you can  equally argue Saturdays penalty was soft)    but if that’s the way you want to look at things fair enough.  

You are in Cloud Cuckoo land if you think he will be under any pressure surrounding his job any time soon though, it’s a results based business and he’s getting them at the moment.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Probably the most pessimistic way of looking at the season so far imaginable, We are going to edge a lot of games this season, that’s not a bad thing as it’s a competitive decision, and yeah I guess if every possible decision that could of gone against us did we probably might have a few points less (although you can  equally argue Saturdays penalty was soft)    but if that’s the way you want to look at things fair enough.  

You are in Cloud Cuckoo land if you think he will be under any pressure surrounding his job any time soon though, it’s a results based business and he’s getting them at the moment.

It’s not being pessimistic, I’m not saying we *should* have lost, but we were very fine margins away from dropping points in every game. And that’s only to observe that the wrong formation is not getting us results, it’s just not costing us as badly as it might.

Best scenario is Rodgers gets a substantial bang on the head and wakes up with this narrow 4231 completely effaced from his memory, and we can start playing the game to suit the players we have.

I always say you've got to  have 10 games in a season  to  really judge.

If you'd viewed Claudio after the 5-2 loss v the gooners, you might've said he's under pressure. But he integrated kante correclty, and plugged the gaps that lead to all those goals and the rest is history. We didn't walk the league from  game one, we were well dodgy defensively into  Sep that year, we scored loads but let loads in.

Rogers deserves at least the same.

Unless we are in danger from  relegation he should be given time to  build his team  incrementally. There's far too much 'instant success' nonsense spouted these days.

A three year plan is still a good plan in the modern  era.

18 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

I always say you've got to  have 10 games in a season  to  really judge.

If you'd viewed Claudio after the 5-2 loss v the gooners, you might've said he's under pressure. But he integrated kante correclty, and plugged the gaps that lead to all those goals and the rest is history. We didn't walk the league from  game one, we were well dodgy defensively into  Sep that year, we scored loads but let loads in.

Rogers deserves at least the same.

Unless we are in danger from  relegation he should be given time to  build his team  incrementally. There's far too much 'instant success' nonsense spouted these days.

A three year plan is still a good plan in the modern  era.

and the following season he made changes to take account of ngolo not being here.   we will have to wait a few more weeks before we can judge if Brendan is making a similar error re Maguire's departure …….

2 hours ago, Corky said:

This season is building up to be a let-down, rightly or wrongly. I can certainly see him being under pressure in the New Year.

Maybe it's pessimism or just feeling we're stuck on a loop of getting fed up of managers after a while.

.. fed up of them trying to impose, on us, once again, a system we cannot execute!! 

On 18/09/2019 at 22:16, Corky said:

Maybe it's pessimism or just feeling we're stuck on a loop of getting fed up of managers after a while.

It’s a never ending cycle mate, I said it before Puel went, and could see what is currently starting to unfold happening to Rodgers. I can’t put my finger on what it is  across the board - is it the players? Is it our fans being unbelievable thick as a result of expectations that aren’t there? Is it justified? Is he just a bit Shit? 

I know which one it is for me but don’t know if that’s an opinion shared amongst others. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

It’s a never ending cycle mate, I said it before Puel went, and could see what is currently starting to unfold happening to Rodgers. I can’t put my finger on what it is  across the board - is it the players? Is it our fans being unbelievable thick as a result of expectations that aren’t there? Is it justified? Is he just a bit Shit? 

I know which one it is for me but don’t know if that’s an opinion shared amongst others. 

I'd say it's more out of frustration, at the moment atleast, we know our best team and system yet we persist on playing with 2 dm's and our most creative player being put wide left and nullifuing him ourselves by placing him there. 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

...the reason why we have this negative vibe is the fact we are playing players out of position!!!

Ranieri did it, as with Puel and now Brendan has an idea how he wants us to play but we do not have the players to carry it out. It is clear we are a high tempo expansive team which likes to press but the aforementioned managers do not see this and are intent on putting their stamp on a team.

Ranieri decision to not change the way we play when he first arrived by playing to what was our obvious strength is a case in point. We are what we are....if a manager can adapt his ideas and flexibility then he can have a successful career. The managers like Pep can play the same as he want as they can buy anyone to fit the way he wants to play.

Edited by sacreblueits442