Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.4

Total Average Rating

74 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Çağlar Söyüncü 7.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ben Chilwell 4.2
  4. Manager Confidence 99% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 05/10/19
Voting Ends: 10/10/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Harvey Barnes
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. Youri Tielemans
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Ayoze Pérez (sub)
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

Praet & Caglar for me were the best. Hard to chose between the 2 of them. 

Kasper had a gone game and made some very good saves. 

Chilwell needs to work on his crossing and as amazing as Evans usually is for us, this was not a great game for him. 

Smashing goal from Madderz and was sad when he went off

Edit Hamza, hehhe for his tackle on Salah :D 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

Very pleased BR went with a positive side and I thought we gave as good as we got all game. Very disappointed to have thrown it away, especially as it was one of our most experienced players messing up with seconds left. Marc should know better, hes done this a few times now and he should have learnt refs are only too pleased to get a name for themselves and a blow happy referee like yesterday was itching to do that. Klopp should have more class than to criticize Hamzy, especially after Salah had just elbowed Soyuncu to start his run, which no-one in the media seems to have picked up. We were never out the game and very unlucky not to go on and win it. Liverpool were hanging on after we scored. The lack of players to take responsibility up front was poor yesterday.

Kasper -7- Some good saves which kept us in the game. No chance with either goal. Decent distribution. 

Ricardo -8- Thought he was excellent again. Nothing positive came from his runs today.

Evans -8- Excellent game again. Shame he was beaten for the first, but it was a great pass to Mane.

Soyuncu -9- MOTM. Superb performance. If Maguire was worth 85 million, this guy is worth twice that because he has pace.

Chilwell. -5- I've defended him recently, but yesterday he was poor and was beaten too many times. He needs more support.

Ndidi -8- Another excellent game.

Barnes -6- Quiet game, didn't create much and right to be subbed at half time.

Praet -8- I thought he was great. Not only classy passes and touches, but some good defensive work too. One superb shot, just wide.

Tielemans -8- Like Praet, I thought he had a decent, classy game.

Maddison -7- Looked slightly unfit to me. Nicely taken goal, although keeper should have saved it.

Vardy -6- One chance but messed up first touch to give keeper time. Ran and ran as usual.

Subs:

Albrighton -6- Apart from his crazy brainfart to cost us the game, I thought he did well.

Perez -7- Played very well and had a good impact. Lovely assist for goal.

Choudhury -6- Not really on long enough, but nice tackle on Salah after he elbowed Soyuncu.

BR -7- Good set up. Apart from a lack of players taking responsibility up front we played well and showed a lot of class. I think he's learnt from the Man Utd disaster, because if we'd played like yesterday we'd have won that match.

Officials -4- Far too quick to whistle up. Couldn't wait to give penalty. Many Liverpool fouls went unpunished, including two howlers, Salah on Soyuncu, and Tielemand was booted in the shin and ended up in the advertising hording. Both teams guilty of arms around necks (90% of free kicks went in Liverpool's favour)

VAR -0- Should be binned as quickly as possible. It's a total disgrace and I just can't see the point.

Burnley next. A tough match as they will grind away and are doing well in their usual boot it style this season.

Edited by ThaiFox

Schmeichel - 7

Ricardo - 7

Evans - 7

Soyuncu - 8 (his standard is just not dropping)

Chilwell - 4 (he's not having a good season is he - his mind must be on a move away ?!)

Ndidi - 7

Barnes - 5 (Mark A has to come in for him after the International break - he gives so much more over 90 mins)

Praet - 8 (he's got to be a regular starter on the basis of his last 2 appearances)

Tielemans - 7

Maddison - 6 (obviously not fully fit)

Vardy - 6

Albrighton - 6 (would have been a 7, if not for .... !)

Perez - 7 (he did make a difference when he came on - and not just with the assist)

Choudhury - 6

Just a couple of comments.

Absolutely brilliant to have a CB with some pace in Soyuncu, makes a huge difference. Also great shoulder charge by Vardy on their keeper. I thought he was going to burst into tears 😭.

My scoring came out pretty much like the average, but slightly inflated as I am prone to do.