Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well, to say the beginning of Spiderman is great is an understatement.  Plays and looks absolutely brilliant.  Graphically, I haven't seen anything better - it's on a par with the Demon Souls remake.  Looks superb.  

Still need to finish AC:V though.  Just Hampshire left to do alongside ticking off the remaining trophies.  I was a little disappointed in the main story arc's ending as well.  A decent enough twist but in the modern day it doesn't go near enough anywhere again.  Better than the two previous entries but I'm still disappointed with it.

Amazing game. Well worth the ps5 upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

finally managed to get hold of a ps5 have to admit I'm absolutely loving it.

just after some recommendations to play on my new machine to take full advantage of its full capabilities.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Ratchet and Clank and Kena Bridge of Spirits

Both absolutely beautiful games

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ratchet and Clank and Kena Bridge of Spirits

Both absolutely beautiful games

thank you for the recommendations will definitely have a look into them always good to get other peoples opinions on games so thanks again 

1 hour ago, lcfc matt said:

just after some recommendations to play on my new machine to take full advantage of its full capabilities.

If you don't mind an Ubisoft grind, Fenyx Rising is well worth it, especially now it's really cheap.

Also Spiderman Ultimate Edition is decent (now £45) as is Jedi Fallen Order which is around £20.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you don't mind an Ubisoft grind, Fenyx Rising is well worth it, especially now it's really cheap.

Also Spiderman Ultimate Edition is decent (now £45) as is Jedi Fallen Order which is around £20.

I love unisoft games assassins creed vahalla is still a favourite just need something new to get stuck into now 

1 minute ago, lcfc matt said:

I love unisoft games assassins creed vahalla is still a favourite just need something new to get stuck into now 

Go with Fenyx.  It's very much like the open world AC formula but combat is more entertaining and the story is decent enough.  It's 22 quid on amazon.  Will take around 60 hours to platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Go with Fenyx.  It's very much like the open world AC formula but combat is more entertaining and the story is decent enough.  It's 22 quid on amazon.  Will take around 60 hours to platinum.

I definitely will do thank you again for the response will look forward to playing something new now will let you know how I get on.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 15:30, lcfc matt said:

Out of interest where did you get one from? I'm still desperate for one but will only pay rrp I can't be doing with the scalping nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Out of interest where did you get one from? I'm still desperate for one but will only pay rrp I can't be doing with the scalping nonsense. 

I was very lucky game in fosse Park they don't advertise they have stock so if you have family or friends going ask them to pop in on the off chance.

apparently they have frequent stock in but only about 25 at a time he said.

I agree the divs that sell them for £600 a pop want banning from sites.

I will have a look for you tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

Anyone got a recommendation for a monitor within the £200-300 bracket? Looking for something that makes the most of the image and runs relatively smoothly, I'm not into competitive gaming so doesn't need to be top spec. A few of the better recommended ones at that price seem to prioritize a better refresh rate over image quality

21 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Anyone got a recommendation for a monitor within the £200-300 bracket? Looking for something that makes the most of the image and runs relatively smoothly, I'm not into competitive gaming so doesn't need to be top spec. A few of the better recommended ones at that price seem to prioritize a better refresh rate over image quality

https://www.asus.com/uk/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Gaming-VG289Q/

This one.  

I have one and it's great.  Decent speaker/headphone setup and you're sorted.

To give an idea of what it can do try the Matrix interactive demo on it, looks insanely good.  

Next time round might upgrade to a 32" curved but they're around 400.

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Gaming-VG289Q/

This one.  

I have one and it's great.  Decent speaker/headphone setup and you're sorted.

To give an idea of what it can do try the Matrix interactive demo on it, looks insanely good.  

Next time round might upgrade to a 32" curved but they're around 400.

Top man thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2021 at 22:11, moore_94 said:

Those New Game+ Trophies can wait lol

FC0MHuEaAAAlMC0.thumb.jpg.c0b52a3619d41cabb4b34ccc92265a05.jpg

I am surprised not more people have recommended this game for PS5 in the various 'what games should I get for the system' posts we see from time to time.

I'm nearing the end of the campaign now and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.  So much fun to play.  Everything about it is top notch, nothing feels like a chore either clearing checkpoints, collectables and so on.  Graphically the game is amazing too and the sense of immersion in the city the game gives you through headphones is great.

Looking forward to the DLCs and the Morales expansion.  

That 97% completion would annoy me on my trophy screen though @moore_94  You'll have to sort that out lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am surprised not more people have recommended this game for PS5 in the various 'what games should I get for the system' posts we see from time to time.

I'm nearing the end of the campaign now and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.  So much fun to play.  Everything about it is top notch, nothing feels like a chore either clearing checkpoints, collectables and so on.  Graphically the game is amazing too and the sense of immersion in the city the game gives you through headphones is great.

That 97% completion would annoy me on my trophy screen though @moore_94  You'll have to sort that out lol

lol It is on my list to eventually do it, but not quite in the mood for another replay of the game so soon especially after getting an Xbox and some other games I have to finish off on Playstation as well

• Like 1

Kena Bridge of Spirits finished!

Probably one of the best looking games I have played, and fun with plenty of exploring and fun boss battles and puzzles

Plenty of boss battles to get stuck into where you have to learn the patterns and attacks and it feels great when you figure it out and mess them up haha

Very final boss is actually quite a challenge and is about 6 stages with about 4 of them you are unable to heal and stuck with basic abilities and no powers

Looks to only be about £30 to get it now, and probably 10-15 hours long depending on how much you like to explore

Definitely recommend you try it out! Can't beat spending time dressing up the Rot in funny little hats!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you like this, Guardians of the Galaxy might be worth a look, but certainly not Avengers, that’s a pile of sh*te