Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

1 hour ago, BroughtonFox said:

Is there any kind of messenger chats that inform you when a certain retailer has some on sale? I’m always at work so always miss out lol 

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

Also keep an eye out at your local GAME stores

Edited by moore_94

On 10/09/2021 at 13:42, BroughtonFox said:

Is there any kind of messenger chats that inform you when a certain retailer has some on sale? I’m always at work so always miss out lol 

Unless you've exhausted the PS4s library of games, and want to pick up Demons Souls and Ratchet, I wouldn't bother getting one until the end of February when Horizon is released.  There's nothing there to justify it at the moment.

I've still got a long list of games to get through though.  AC Valhalla, Spiderman, Jedi Fallen Order, RE8, etc. Having the upgrades and quicker load times is convenient but not an absolute must especially if you've played those.

Depends on your list of must play games.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone got Deathloop yet?

Not yet. Looks fun. 

I’m fully into Demon’s Souls right now. Dying. All. The. Time. 

Actually having fun though and kind of following FightinCowboy’s walkthrough on YouTube just so I can (a) keep up and (b) have a clue what’s going on. 

I’ve got all weekend for Ghost of Tsushima lined up though… can’t wait 

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Not yet. Looks fun. 

I’m fully into Demon’s Souls right now. Dying. All. The. Time. 

Actually having fun though and kind of following FightinCowboy’s walkthrough on YouTube just so I can (a) keep up and (b) have a clue what’s going on. 

I’ve got all weekend for Ghost of Tsushima lined up though… can’t wait 

Nice one. I’ve not played either of them two but heard good things.

27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-7-000-Internes-Solid-MZ-V8P1T0BW/dp/B08GS7748F/?&_encoding=UTF8&tag=leicestercity-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=72396168bc6ff11f353c78d57a93e2d5&camp=1634&creative=6738

fantastic deal on the Samsung 980 pro 1tb ssd for £135 if any of you boys are looking to add the extra storage! I was about to buy it for £199! 

I think you can get a pretty cheap heatsink for it as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I think you can get a pretty cheap heatsink for it as well

Yea I got the QIVYNSRY one from Amazon as well which was £17.99 as a lot of people seemed to recommend that… can probably pick 1 up cheaper but as it’s guaranteed to fit the Ps5 I just went with that

Just finished HZD Frozen Wilds DLC, pretty fun, certainly a lot harder at times than the actual main game but it can be quite annoying when there is a massive snowstorm as you can't see anything!

Seemed to be the Daemon Scorchers that I had the most trouble with, dealt with the Daemon Thunderjaw pretty easily, took a while to take down the Fireclaw at the end of the Main Quest, now to get rid of the other 5 around the land

Really glad I got into this again and finished the main game and the DLC, really looking forward to Forbidden West now

• Like 3

On 11/09/2021 at 17:31, Legend_in_blue said:

Unless you've exhausted the PS4s library of games, and want to pick up Demons Souls and Ratchet, I wouldn't bother getting one until the end of February when Horizon is released.  There's nothing there to justify it at the moment.

I've still got a long list of games to get through though.  AC Valhalla, Spiderman, Jedi Fallen Order, RE8, etc. Having the upgrades and quicker load times is convenient but not an absolute must especially if you've played those.

Depends on your list of must play games.

I don’t even own a last gen console lol so I just want a new console but can’t seem to get one anywhere 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

A little pricey.  I got mine at the same price with Demon Souls included.

John Lewis are expecting online stock between 5 and 7 October according to a report today.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty disappointing...

So, the leak I read earlier this week was correct!  

Including MKX is a bizarre one, considering we now have XI, which I have.  Problem I find with these games is (a) the story is too short (b) on multiplayer people constantly choose the same guy, namely The Joker in XI, and spam the same move over and over and over again.

Looking forward to 2k21 though, been a while since I had a golf game.  We're talking of when Tiger Woods was in the name of the game here lol

20 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Anyone upgrade their internal storage yet? 

I’ve been looking at it but with a fast internet and trying to play only 1-2 games at a time, I’ve felt the need yet. 

I did all my previous gen to 2TB and never got near filling and if I did, they just sat there.  I would improve speed of HDD though when i did previously.  

Edited by HoustonFox

On 29/09/2021 at 21:39, Brenfox said:

Anyone upgrade their internal storage yet? 

Yes I opted for the 1TB Samsung 980 pro with the QIVYNSRY heat sink.. posted a link above to Amazon which had a deal on for the 980 pro reducing it from £199 to £135! So easy to do and it works a dream

Gave Jedi Fallen Order a go.  Pretty decent game so far, liking the atmosphere and general gameplay.  No doubt I will scour every level for every item/collectable eventually as well.  Some of the animations are a little too disjointed but overall it plays well.

Edited by Legend_in_blue