Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

So I've just done ME Legendary Edition.  In total I reckon I've spent roughly 130 hours on it doing all three games.

Suffice to say I've loved playing through it for a second time.  Never experienced any DLCs first time round, so completing every last bit of each of those has been a pleasure.  Each brings something different but really adds something important to the overall feel of the games.  Tricky pinpointing a favourite, they're all good imo.  The DLCs in ME3 in particular - Citadel, Leviathan and picking up Javik for certain missions following From Ashes has made the finale more acceptable and satisfying second time round.  

I went Paragon FemShep on an Infiltrator build and romanced Liara this time round across all 3 games.  Always went Paragon on choice and

noone died in Suicide Mission but I did go renegade on that irritating ninja guy and chose red at the very end.  

I'd play through it again, most likely as full renegade, as a complete package it's just so so good.  Characters are brilliant, story telling is great, choices have real consequences, no game has come close since imo.  Dragon Age I suppose isn't far behind, but I never took a liking to all of the characters in those games.

So yes, if you haven't yet given it a go, I'd thoroughly recommend it.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So I've just done ME Legendary Edition.  In total I reckon I've spent roughly 130 hours on it doing all three games.

Suffice to say I've loved playing through it for a second time.  Never experienced any DLCs first time round, so completing every last bit of each of those has been a pleasure.  Each brings something different but really adds something important to the overall feel of the games.  Tricky pinpointing a favourite, they're all good imo.  The DLCs in ME3 in particular - Citadel, Leviathan and picking up Javik for certain missions following From Ashes has made the finale more acceptable and satisfying second time round.  

I went Paragon FemShep on an Infiltrator build and romanced Liara this time round across all 3 games.  Always went Paragon on choice and

noone died in Suicide Mission but I did go renegade on that irritating ninja guy and chose red at the very end.  

I'd play through it again, most likely as full renegade, as a complete package it's just so so good.  Characters are brilliant, story telling is great, choices have real consequences, no game has come close since imo.  Dragon Age I suppose isn't far behind, but I never took a liking to all of the characters in those games.

So yes, if you haven't yet given it a go, I'd thoroughly recommend it.  

I cant wait to get into it as i have never played any ME game and i really enjoyed Dragon Age. Get AC Valhalla out the way and ill look at getting ME. Ive always loved a game that has a gripping story and it sounds like i will lose my life to this lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I cant wait to get into it as i have never played any ME game and i really enjoyed Dragon Age. Get AC Valhalla out the way and ill look at getting ME. Ive always loved a game that has a gripping story and it sounds like i will lose my life to this lol 

You can certainly invest much time into this.

Thinking of doing the insanity difficulty run throughs on my subsequent renegade runs after tying up loose ends for the 3 platinums on each game.  

Just downloaded Days Gone yesterday off PS+ collection as well.  As for AC Valhalla, I've only completed a tiny part of what it offers lol

ME just brings me back for more!

2 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

I've just got a PS5, set it all up but no games as yet... without going through the whole thread... what is your ONE game recommendation and based on what? 

Thanks ward-200px2.gif

Assassins Creed Valhalla is currently £29 at Tesco. Quality game for the money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

I've just got a PS5, set it all up but no games as yet... without going through the whole thread... what is your ONE game recommendation and based on what? 

Thanks ward-200px2.gif

Days Gone (available on the PS Plus collection for free)

Takes a couple of hours to get into it but once you do I think it is a great game. Good story, main character is brilliant (Sam Witwer is always brilliant), great fun fighting off proper horders of zombies that can scare the crap out of you early game when you are really underpowered, but once you get further into the game it is a lot of fun just mowing them all down with big guns etc.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

Thanks ward-200px2.gif

Immortals Fenyx Rising is another Ubisoft open world game in a similar style to the recent AC games but not as serious.  It will take you 50 hours to platinum and currently costs £24 on PS5.

From purely a graphical point of view, Demons Souls.  The opening sequence is something quite incredible to look at and feels proper next gen.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You can certainly invest much time into this.

Thinking of doing the insanity difficulty run throughs on my subsequent renegade runs after tying up loose ends for the 3 platinums on each game.  

Just downloaded Days Gone yesterday off PS+ collection as well.  As for AC Valhalla, I've only completed a tiny part of what it offers lol

ME just brings me back for more!

I absolutely loved Days Gone. Got the platinum for it. You feel genuine terror when you come across your first hoard chasing after you lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I absolutely loved Days Gone. Got the platinum for it. You feel genuine terror when you come across your first hoard chasing after you lol 

I'm surprised at how good it looks for a PS4 title.  I think there's been a PS5 upgrade but it certainly looks good.  I've only spent a couple of hours on it and will keep going at it.

However, I have just started an insanity run on ME1 porting my character over from the original save so this will take some time as enemies take more strategizing and time to take down.  Have managed to get off Eden Prime without too many problems although the rocket based enemies will one shot you as I found out lol  I'm now only two trophies away from the platinum on ME1 as well.  Gone full renegade this time.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Mentioned this several times on here, but no one seemed to have played it. Aside from the hoards, early in the game, simply stealthily negotiating the infestations is tough enough. I love the different strategies that you can develop to kill the hoards though. Some parts of this game are genuinely terrifying. 

Superb game, unnecessarily maligned at the time and mauled by the critics. The characters are well conceived and the ripper cult is Manson-esque. The soundtrack is excellent (albeit a tad cheesy in places) and the open world recreation of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest Cascades is beautiful. Played it once and then again on game plus. Shame about the lack of further DLC. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Mentioned this several times on here, but no one seemed to have played it. Aside from the hoards, early in the game, simply stealthily negotiating the infestations is tough enough. I love the different strategies that you can develop to kill the hoards though. Some parts of this game are genuinely terrifying. 

Superb game, unnecessarily maligned at the time and mauled by the critics. The characters are well conceived and the ripper cult is Manson-esque. The soundtrack is excellent (albeit a tad cheesy in places) and the open world recreation of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest Cascades is beautiful. Played it once and then again on game plus. Shame about the lack of further DLC. 

I think it is the Sawmill one that is the biggest? I stealthed around planting bombs around the whole site and through a tunnel not far away, getting them to chase me setting off the bombs and mowing them down in the tunnel haha

Some great fun planning and playing around with how you can kill them all

Just now, moore_94 said:

I think it is the Sawmill one that is the biggest?

It is, but I think Chemult Community College is bigger - but the Old Sawmill is more challenging. The new mod allows the 650 cap to be increased and they are tiered 1-5. 

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I stealthed around planting bombs around the whole site and through a tunnel not far away, getting them to chase me setting off the bombs and mowing them down in the tunnel haha

Some great fun planning and playing around with how you can kill them all

You can hide in the bushes - lob an attractor into the fray, wait until they all pile on top of it and napalm them. When you run out make sure you have enough crafting materials because it takes more than your allocation can carry. Not particularly creative, but very satisfying. For the more adventurous, he entire sawmill layout is designed to snare and trap the pursuing freakers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It is, but I think Chemult Community College is bigger - but the Old Sawmill is more challenging. The new mod allows the 650 cap to be increased and they are tiered 1-5. 

You can hide in the bushes - lob an attractor into the fray, wait until they all pile on top of it and napalm them. When you run out make sure you have enough crafting materials because it takes more than your allocation can carry. Not particularly creative, but very satisfying. For the more adventurous, he entire sawmill layout is designed to snare and trap the pursuing freakers. 

I managed to find a point in the sawmill where you can sit on a ledge and they can’t get to you, basically cheating but you can just sit there and play around with them picking them off one by one, set myself on fire with napalm quite a few times though lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I managed to find a point in the sawmill where you can sit on a ledge and they can’t get to you, basically cheating but you can just sit there and play around with them picking them off one by one, set myself on fire with napalm quite a few times though lol

There's also a glitch whereby you can jump into the river and they follow you like lemmings but can't get out. 

On 17/08/2021 at 17:32, BirminghamFox said:

Thanks ward-200px2.gif

All three major PS5 exclusives are genuinely great, Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls and Returnal. The first two give the best example of what the PS5 is capable of but for entirely different reasons. Returnal definitely pushes the hardware but not in the same way that it's not immediately obvious. If you like Souls games then Demons is a must, R&C is an absolute blast..  

If you haven't had a Playstation before get PS+ and access to the PS+ collection. You basically get instant access to a lot of the best games last gen'. It has God of War, Bloodborne (my joint favorite game last gen'), TLOU Remastered, Uncharted 4 etc all great games. Uncharted 4 looks lush and while no graphical boost runs at 60fps now. GoW can run at 4k 60fps now. You need to play TLOU to play TLOU2 (my other favorite game last gen'). 

Cheap answer: God of War (PS+)

Expensive: Ratchet and Clank/Demon's Souls

Personal: TLOU then TLOU2 and hope Sony patch Bloodborne to run at 4k 60fps.  

• Thanks 2

For anyone who gets ps+ it's 24.99 right now (half price) on the ps store BUT you have to be a new customer or need it renewed. Mine ran out a few weeks ago and I was waiting for a deal to show up and they get no better than this. Its a piss take that if you have it already as a customer you can't take advantage of it but is what it is. Offer is available for new or customers without an active subscription until the end of the month. 

On 20/08/2021 at 07:39, Legend_in_blue said:

Burning through ME1 on insanity difficulty.  The spectre level weapons appear to be overpowered at this point.  Hopefully, it gets harder.  Either that, or I'm a pro at this game lol

ME1 is easier in general I find. The enemies on 2 and 3 get much tougher, if my own experiences regarding CMF's are anything.

Being a Vanguard on Insanity evens the odds a lot. Charge (and later Nova/Reave) FTW. Plus, always take Garrus.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Hi does anyone have a disc version they can check front and back for me please.

Just brought one and opened it and the box was a bit battered so I checked it under light and on front and back it looks like a screw is protruding in to the case.

is this normal?

EC65EFC8-9073-4B9A-81DF-C79C3C94941C.thumb.jpeg.0b66a77b9a4629bab93314699748f09f.jpeg

615AA932-EC95-4ADC-8B4C-214F1223BBED.jpeg

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

615AA932-EC95-4ADC-8B4C-214F1223BBED.jpeg

I'm pretty sure all screws are fixed towards the inner components beyond the white plates.  The two white side plates slide on and off on catches, no screws involved.

I'd say it looks OK to me.  You tried switching it on and running the initial setup?

You could always change the plates to black.  There's a few customisable options out there now.

As for the box, worst packaging I've ever encountered opening up a console for the first time.  Ever.  Very flimsy.  Corner was damaged on mine but luckily no damage done.

Edited by Legend_in_blue