Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Found a broken way of signing REALLY good players that initially want massive wages for something more reasonable in non-league

Got some players in my Coalville Town team in Vanarama National League that should be playing in League One/Two

Basically just have to wait until they are initially willing to take Fringe Player Playing Time - can usually do this when they have been a free agent for a few months

Usually think it is great that they will only be a Fringe Player squad status, but they will stil initially want massive wages

image.thumb.png.c8d5aec9be76c39ab941649cb1e00514.png

But if you change it to Part Time they will take about a quarter of what they originally wanted

image.thumb.png.37394299edc864afc52f9eba1e64d101.png

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Expect more of these videos to surface over the coming weeks!

The sole reason for owning the console right now imo.  February 18th can't come soon enough.  

I need to remember to book that Friday and Monday off work haha

Really can't wait for this - sucked I couldn't get a Regalla Edition but Collectors Edition is still pretty good!

I really couldn't get into the original Horizon for some reason. Just never clicked with me which is annoying because it looks quality! 

Deathloop is another one - didn't quite get my head around the time change thing and keeping weapons when you die etc (didn't really pay attention during the tutorial bits to be fair) and so I got at a complete loss as to what I was doing!!! It's fun but not 100% sure what I'm doing or trying to achieve half the time. 

Picked up a copy of Kena the other day so will give that a go following Moore_94's recommendation! 

So far I've played the following on PS5: 

Astrobot - awesome little game and considering it's free, definitely worth your time 

Spiderman MM - great but too short. (did the second play through for the trophy in 4 hours!)

Ratchet and Clank - awesome - never played an R&C game before but loved it 

Alan Wake Remastered - rehash of an old game that I played when I was kid - found it too scary to complete back in the day...... now wondering what all the fuss was about. Playable but a bit "Samey" by the end. 

Deathloop - see above 

FIFA 22 - meh. 

Spiderman Remastered - platinumed on PS4 but couldn't resist replaying! 

• Like 4

Mmmmm.  What are peoples experiences with this?  A big thing was made of it early on last year but not read/heard much of this since.  My PS5 sounds nothing like any of these three!  The coil whine is more noticeable though on certain games but disappears immediately on moving back to the home screen menu.

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Mmmmm.  What are peoples experiences with this?  A big thing was made of it early on last year but not read/heard much of this since.  My PS5 sounds nothing like any of these three!  The coil whine is more noticeable though on certain games but disappears immediately on moving back to the home screen menu.

Mine sounds nothing like those

Just put Kena in, can hear as the disc spins up, fan goes up a bit, within 10 seconds it is silent again

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Anyone had any issues with the controller?

I seem to be suffering from 'stick drift' according to online searches.

It's constantly dragging to the left and none of the suggestions online are helping.

No problems with mine other than the underside picking up dirt on the casing due to the finish on it.  It's a pain to clean.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 21:29, Rain King said:

Anyone had any issues with the controller?

I seem to be suffering from 'stick drift' according to online searches.

It's constantly dragging to the left and none of the suggestions online are helping.

not had that issue, but with one of mine, I think there is a tiny spring in the trigger (R2) that has snapped, meaning that the button is ridiculously sensitive.

I can't tell you the amount of people on my friends list i've accidently invited to play Fifa, just by literally brushing against the r2 button.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

not had that issue, but with one of mine, I think there is a tiny spring in the trigger (R2) that has snapped, meaning that the button is ridiculously sensitive.

I can't tell you the amount of people on my friends list i've accidently invited to play Fifa, just by literally brushing against the r2 button.

Happened to me with the first 2 controllers I had, thankfully both were still in warranty so got them replaced… my latest controller I bought from game along with cover which was an extra £8 which covers you for 3 years… fingers crossed I’ve had no issues since but at least I’m covered for a few years of said problem happens again or the standard stick drift issue appears 

Nearing the end of the main campaign on Spiderman now.  I've positioned it so that once I've cleared the story, the platinum will pop since I've cleared all areas, collectables etc. to 100% as I've gone through it.  I'll get through the DLC and Morales asap as I need this done by Feb 18th for the Horizon release lol

Great game though, everything about it has been decent.

On 30/12/2021 at 17:46, HoustonFox said:

Finally getting into Ghosts of Tsushima. I’ll say it again as I always do, why did I not play this sooner?! 

Loved the combat in Tsushima.  The styling of the game everything was just so well put together.  Definitely a game I will go back to in the future time and time again which isn't something I would normally do.

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Nearing the end of the main campaign on Spiderman now.  I've positioned it so that once I've cleared the story, the platinum will pop since I've cleared all areas, collectables etc. to 100% as I've gone through it.  I'll get through the DLC and Morales asap as I need this done by Feb 18th for the Horizon release lol

Great game though, everything about it has been decent.

Its a very easy game to just jump into.  Platinum was quite straightforward only tedious aspect was completing each of the different crimes in each neighbourhood but being able to vary your fighting style helped with this.  Morales is not the biggest game so should be a problem getting it done before Horizon.