Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Gave Jedi Fallen Order a go.  Pretty decent game so far, liking the atmosphere and general gameplay.  No doubt I will scour every level for every item/collectable eventually as well.  Some of the animations are a little too disjointed but overall it plays well.

Really enjoyed it. I played oh performance mode and it was super smooth. Cut scenes get out of sync sometimes, which I found the most odd. Item collection was a big time sync for me, but I love that stuff.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Finished Demon’s Souls and now going for an NG+. Dunno why I’m asking for such a beating! 

This is impressive.  I've put a fair few hours (and deaths) in and have managed to get through to 4 2 currently after doing all the initial stages apart from 1 of them.  Main bosses I've done in one go though which has surprised me.  There's always one ****ard somewhere within the level that is far more difficult it seems.  Also, the glitch where you port in behind the spider boss helped me after I was invaded lol  It's an obscure glitch but it's still in the remake.

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is impressive.  I've put a fair few hours (and deaths) in and have managed to get through to 4 2 currently after doing all the initial stages apart from 1 of them.  Main bosses I've done in one go though which has surprised me.  There's always one ****ard somewhere within the level that is far more difficult it seems.  Also, the glitch where you port in behind the spider boss helped me after I was invaded lol  It's an obscure glitch but it's still in the remake.

Good work, NG+ is a massive step up in terms of regular enemies’ health and attack power. Put it this way, after completing and restarting I had a balance of 250,000 souls and you can’t spend them until you re-finish 1-1. I thought no problem.  I then died in the stairwell where the dude lobs fire bombs at you and there are a couple of flaming swordsmen just pan you (just before rolling boulder). Then I fell down the shortcut stairwell and died because I was not paying attention. Properly crapped myself! Luckily managed to beat the level without dying again so could cash in. 

There are some good ways to spam some of the bosses and having some powerful bows helps too. I have no shame in killing them in a cowardly way! 😂

I also recommend farming souls. 4-1 is great and 4-4 once you’ve beaten it is excellent too. 4-2 not far behind. 2-1 on repeat was ballache. Forgot how long that level was! 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 17:51, HoustonFox said:

Really enjoyed it. I played oh performance mode and it was super smooth. Cut scenes get out of sync sometimes, which I found the most odd. Item collection was a big time sync for me, but I love that stuff.  

Did the first part of Kashyyyk yesterday.  First game for me that comes close to recreating the feel of the movies since KotOR.  Blitzing the oil refinery with a double ended light sabre was brilliant.  The musical score is very well put together and adds to the immersion.  Given me a break from Valhalla which was needed.  Good fun.

On 07/10/2021 at 11:46, Legend_in_blue said:

Did the first part of Kashyyyk yesterday.  First game for me that comes close to recreating the feel of the movies since KotOR.  Blitzing the oil refinery with a double ended light sabre was brilliant.  The musical score is very well put together and adds to the immersion.  Given me a break from Valhalla which was needed.  Good fun.

Still enjoying it? 

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Easier than it was months ago but still hard. You've got to remember Christmas is coming up now as well, Little Jimmy will want one from his mummy and won't accept anything else.

I hope my mummy gets me one tbf lol 

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 17:24, HoustonFox said:

Still enjoying it? 

Yes, decent game.  I'm just at the point where I've left Ilum for the first time.  Now I've decided to go back to other planets to try to get 100% on everything.  What annoys me most is the limitations of the map, especially for finding the chests.  I don't mind traversing the maps, which I know is a big criticism of the game, but doing 100% searches for everything is a huge time sink when I don't really know where to look.  I did the crashed ship area the other day, looked everywhere, came out the other side of that with the trophy for exploring it, but was still a chest short.  Annoying.

Not sure if I will platinum this, will perhaps finish the main story and then jack it in.

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, decent game.  I'm just at the point where I've left Ilum for the first time.  Now I've decided to go back to other planets to try to get 100% on everything.  What annoys me most is the limitations of the map, especially for finding the chests.  I don't mind traversing the maps, which I know is a big criticism of the game, but doing 100% searches for everything is a huge time sink when I don't really know where to look.  I did the crashed ship area the other day, looked everywhere, came out the other side of that with the trophy for exploring it, but was still a chest short.  Annoying.

Not sure if I will platinum this, will perhaps finish the main story and then jack it in.

Glad you’re enjoying it. I faced the same problem on the crates as you. Apart from the Stim packs, it became tedious and low reward, so I just gave up and finished the story and moved on to the next game. I’m having the same issue with Demon’s Souls which I’ve finished but have some trophies to get. Started NG+ but soon decided I don’t want to grind through. Even stated a different build to do game from scratch but also lost motivation. I think a break will be good. 

Ghost of Tsushima next but it seems quite daunting to start a big game but I’m sure I’ll get over that. V tempted to get something like Doom Eternal that I could just get on and play quickly. 

On 13/10/2021 at 15:27, Brenfox said:

Just bought an internal ssd for extra storage. £300 for 2tb is ridiculous but the cheapest decent one I could find. 1tb wouldn't be enough in the long run.

Did you get to expand storage or for performance? I’ve done previously on PS4 and I just stockpiled games but didn’t play them. Having smaller drive is keeping me a bit more focused on actually playing what’s in front of me (my backlog is way too big) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Did you get to expand storage or for performance? I’ve done previously on PS4 and I just stockpiled games but didn’t play them. Having smaller drive is keeping me a bit more focused on actually playing what’s in front of me (my backlog is way too big) 

Just storage. I'm already having to move/delete games. I already have an 8tb external of ps4 stuff so I just expanded. I could easily delete them but I just tend to stockpile games.

3 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Just storage. I'm already having to move/delete games. I already have an 8tb external of ps4 stuff so I just expanded. I could easily delete them but I just tend to stockpile games.

Cool. Since I got fibre internet (1gb) I’m not too bothered with local storage as I can download full games pretty fast :)

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 01:42, Leicester_Loyal said:

Been playing Fallout 4 on this, not played it on a next gen console before, pretty glitchy if I’m honest but really enjoying it as I always do. 

I’ve found some PS4 (and even PS3) games to be really glitchy on the PS5. I think for some, it’s too powerful and the game can’t cope. Playing Metal Gear Solid 2 was like having Snake on speed! 😂