Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm pretty sure all screws are fixed towards the inner components beyond the white plates.  The two white side plates slide on and off on catches, no screws involved.

I'd say it looks OK to me.  You tried switching it on and running the initial setup?

You could always change the plates to black.  There's a few customisable options out there now.

As for the box, worst packaging I've ever encountered opening up a console for the first time.  Ever.  Very flimsy.  Corner was damaged on mine but luckily no damage done.

Cheers

Been digging around it’s it’s a common thing, saw this thread on Reddit…

👍🏻

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Cheers

Been digging around it’s it’s a common thing, saw this thread on Reddit…

👍🏻

That's the problem with the off white, shows up blemishes easy.  You could always switch em to black.  I like the finish of it though in white and the added detail on the trim and joypad although you'll find the joypad discolours more as you hold it because of the finish.

In other news you've picked one up just as the PS5 upgrade for Horizon is available.  Happy days. 

• Like 1

FINALLY got around to finishing Horizon Zero Dawn - I was in the middle of it when Cyberpunk came out and never got back to it until now

Such a great game, the story is so good and the combat is great fun with how much you can mix it up with all your weapons and ammo types etc.

I think I have played it every evening this week and most of today to finish off the main story and clearing up a good chunk of side quests - 35 hours total according to the game

Definitely going to be starting the Frozen Wilds DLC tomorrow and clearing up any other collectables and side missions I missed, playing through it has got me really excited for Horizon Forbidden West

Pre-ordered a copy of the collectors edition the other day, keeping an eye out on Game for the Regalla Edition to hopefully come back into stock

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

FINALLY got around to finishing Horizon Zero Dawn - I was in the middle of it when Cyberpunk came out and never got back to it until now

Such a great game, the story is so good and the combat is great fun with how much you can mix it up with all your weapons and ammo types etc.

I think I have played it every evening this week and most of today to finish off the main story and clearing up a good chunk of side quests - 35 hours total according to the game

Definitely going to be starting the Frozen Wilds DLC tomorrow and clearing up any other collectables and side missions I missed, playing through it has got me really excited for Horizon Forbidden West

Pre-ordered a copy of the collectors edition the other day, keeping an eye out on Game for the Regalla Edition to hopefully come back into stock

There's plenty more to do.  It took me 75 hours to platinum.  The Frozen Wilds dlc is the only dlc I've ever bothered with for a game, apart from Witcher 3, and it's excellent.  Well worth it.  The area is quite tough though, I recommend getting the platinum first and the regenerating shield armour before starting it.  Demonic thunderjaws are an absolute beast to take down otherwise.  Still will have you stretched even with everything at maximum.  Superb game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's plenty more to do.  It took me 75 hours to platinum.  The Frozen Wilds dlc is the only dlc I've ever bothered with for a game, apart from Witcher 3, and it's excellent.  Well worth it.  The area is quite tough though, I recommend getting the platinum first and the regenerating shield armour before starting it.  Demonic thunderjaws are an absolute beast to take down otherwise.  Still will have you stretched even with everything at maximum.  Superb game.  

Definitely tempted to platinum it, although I remember when I initially did them that the hunting trials can be VERY annoying

I managed to pick up the renegerating shield armour before I did the final quest and it is pretty OP at that point haha

Will probably clear up the main game area and max out my level (45 currently) before I attempt Frozen Wilds

Currently ploughing through AC Valhalla myself at the moment, although I did give the PS5 upgrade of HZD a try to see how it looked.  I'd go back to it but I need to somehow transfer the PS4 save file across to continue a new game+ option.  Any ideas on how to do this easily?  

As for AC Valhalla, I cannot see myself doing platinum in under 100 hours.  Only roughly half the map completed, with bits and pieces in each area to finish off (legendary animals, daughters of lerion, zealots etc), and I've put in 45 hours so far.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Currently ploughing through AC Valhalla myself at the moment, although I did give the PS5 upgrade of HZD a try to see how it looked.  I'd go back to it but I need to somehow transfer the PS4 save file across to continue a new game+ option.  Any ideas on how to do this easily?  

As for AC Valhalla, I cannot see myself doing platinum in under 100 hours.  Only roughly half the map completed, with bits and pieces in each area to finish off (legendary animals, daughters of lerion, zealots etc), and I've put in 45 hours so far.

Assuming that when you used your PS4 your saves were uploaded to Cloud Storage?

On your PS5 if you go on settings

Scroll down to Saved Data and Game/App Settings

Then Saved Data (PS4)

Cloud Storage

Download to Console Storage

Then just scroll through and find your HZD file, select it, and then click across to the download button

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

It's really odd that there is still a shortage of PS5s. This must be hurting sales as more and more people plump for the very available XBox Series S instead?

Xbox are probably buying them all and locking them away one way to win the war lol

Edited by whoareyaaa

That was a complete waste of time.

It started well for around 10 seconds when we got Revan and that was that.  It picked up with Forspoken which looks decent enough and a 2022 date was welcome for that.  We then had a load of garbage, the highlight of which was playing some sort of musical instrument, by which time I'd just about had enough.

Then PS Studios and GT7 looks like a bigger version of GT Sport on that showing.  I'm not convinced it'll be any better than GT Sport.

At least GoW looked decent.  Fingers crossed it goes big and has more OTT boss fights like the dragon fight from the first one which, although a good game, suffered from too many low key set pieces compared to the brilliance of the originals.

Horizon FW can't come soon enough on that showing.  

Started awesome with KOTOR and quite like the look of Project Eve and Forsaken

Went downhill in the middle

Finished brilliantly, Insomniac to the Rescue with Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 which I cannot wait for, love Uncharted so will definitely pick up those remasters, Ragnarok looking great as well

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Started awesome with KOTOR and quite like the look of Project Eve and Forsaken

Went downhill in the middle

Finished brilliantly, Insomniac to the Rescue with Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 which I cannot wait for, love Uncharted so will definitely pick up those remasters, Ragnarok looking great as well

KOTOR is a brilliant game, my favourite Star Wars title alongside Jedi Academy.  The post show chat gave a few more details on it.  Looks as though they're going full remake on this so will be interesting to see what they do with it.  The plot wipes the floor with the newest 3 movies, Rian Johnson take note.  I suspect we won't see it until 2023 though - the Dead Space remake is slated for a possible late 2022 release and that's way further in the dev cycle.

• Like 1