Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ended up buying Spiderman MM, great game!

I'm just about to start this.  Currently nearing the end of Act 2 of the DLC from the original.

I have to say that the story Insomniac put together for the first game was absolutely superb.  The ending was one of the best endings of any game I've played.  From the boss fight with Doc Oc, through to how the story played out with Aunt May, total emotional rollercoaster, loved it.  

All stand out games have the story to back them up, so this will go down as one of those special titles for me.  Had I played this originally on PS4 it would have ranked in my top 5 with the likes of Horizon and Witcher 3 but I'm glad I waited it out for all the added extras as the graphical/load time upgrades made a great game even better.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

9 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

looks so f**king epic :schmike:

Hate that £70 is a standard price now though FFS.

Horizon Forbidden West + Pre-Order Bonus on PS5 | SimplyGames

£59.85 at Simply Games.  Reliable, my PS5 came from them on Day 1.

At that price I think I will have to succumb.  I don't usually do pre-orders, but am prepared to make an exception here. lol

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So I have managed to gather together £70 from my paper round and Christmas tips. Elden Ring or Horizon Forbidden West?

Elden Ring for me, zero dawn was fairly boring so I'd wait and see if forbidden west is an improvement or shiny paint

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Horizon.

9 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Both, steal one. 

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Got to be both, hasn't it, but not day one for me. Far too busy. I'll wait until they drop a bit, which I accept will be a long time!

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Elden Ring for me, zero dawn was fairly boring so I'd wait and see if forbidden west is an improvement or shiny paint

:thumbup:. Going to have to get extra cash and do the Sunday papers as well, I #%@£*&@ hate the Sunday supplements.

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Boring?!?!  Wow.

I'd call Red Dead boring, but Horizon?  The side missions were a little mundane granted but the story, gameplay etc was top notch.  A masterpiece.

33 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Boring?!?!  Wow.

I'd call Red Dead boring, but Horizon?  The side missions were a little mundane granted but the story, gameplay etc was top notch.  A masterpiece.

Not sure I'd say it was a masterpiece as agree with the above that the actual gameplay wasn't anything special.  What I loved with the game was the unravelling of the story and the background to what was going on.  The concern I have with the sequel is that now this has been revealed in the first game, I'm not sure they can get close to that aspect of the game in the sequel.

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Boring?!?!  Wow.

The story is interesting enough but after the first hour or so where you get a few good world-building cut-scenes it just becomes Expositional Info Dump: The Game.   As far as gameplay goes there's really nothing about it that makes it stand out, I'm yet to see anyone point at something the game does well then use it as a benchmark for other titles, nobody describes other games in terms of how similar they are to HZD.  It's a decent game, the mechanics all function adequately, it looks pretty and you can kill plenty of time with it, but it simply doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal alongside the best of the best. I'd give it a B if I had to grade it.

I never got in to Horizon, tried a few times but think I'm just completely fatigued with the majority of open world games, they're all so similar. Seems like majority of big ps exclusives are gritty open world action games, tushima, last of us 2, horizon, God of war, spiderman, death stranding, bloodbourne etc, they're just very similar games. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I never got in to Horizon, tried a few times but think I'm just completely fatigued with the majority of open world games, they're all so similar. Seems like majority of big ps exclusives are gritty open world action games, tushima, last of us 2, horizon, God of war, spiderman, death stranding, bloodbourne etc, they're just very similar games. 

This is it, though I take a very strong exception to Bloodborne being included on that list.  It's a very different beast.

• Like 1

Bloodborne I finished and enjoyed though I'm by no means a huge souls fan. I get what you mean it is different from the others, spiderman isn't particularly dark either and I completed and enjoyed that and I will play open world games again. Just burnt out on them lately, it's like games were all so different but now every fps seems to be basically the same, battlefield has absolutely butchered itself to make itself like every other popular shooter on the market. Seems every AAA genre games just copy each other over and over again and Sony really need to add some diversity to their big AAA games, I got a series s to be a stop gap for now and side console for when I could get a ps5 for rrp, but since I've had it I'm loving it so much I'm not going to bother with a ps5 for a good few years until there are a load of exclusives I want to try out, but if it's just open world action game one after the other like it was on ps4 I might never bother. 

Yes, there's a lot of generally open-world similar AAA titles doing the rounds now but what made Horizon special was the plot - there's no game released recently on a premise like that, one that is incredibly human, incredibly real, and one that really should be taken as a warning.

"It wasn't just me who failed to write a story across the stars, you see. It was all of us. Our entire species. All our innovation, all our tech, all our striving... and it came to zero. I've been looking up the stars a lot, Ma. And the only story I see written across them is that we are small and insignificant and will soon disappear with hardly a trace left behind. It's a hard story, and I don't much like it."