Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The Callisto Protocol.  A mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly.  

Started off excellently, the graphics, survival horror, the atmosphere are top notch in the early going.  The sound design is exceptional.

As soon as you get to roughly two thirds, and the first two head encounter, it starts to go downhill.  Takes a lot from RE2 and the Mr X boss fight (tight space, moving lift scenario here which we've seen countless times in RE now) but then it brings back more two heads after that - not twice, not three or four, but five times!  The survival horror takes a back seat and it becomes quicker paced with more run and shoot.  But not in a good way because it's designed to run slow and deliberate.

The final boss encounter is as badly designed as that in RE6.  Anyone who has played Chris Redfields campaign in RE6 will know exactly what I mean lol  It becomes so far removed from how it all started, it just ends up a mess, which is a shame.

And then the true ending is behind an 11 quid dlc.  One YT clip later confirms I'll pass on that.  lol

7/10 for me.  Lots of early potential.  Wasted.

This was going to be my next download but I may skip it. No way can I go through a replica of Chris is RE6 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

This was going to be my next download but I may skip it. No way can I go through a replica of Chris is RE6 😂

I would still give it a go since it's free.  There is a good game in there somewhere even if it becomes too repetitive by the end.  I played through on high difficulty but the final boss encounter was so poorly executed in design, I'd lost patience by then and dropped it just to get through it.  It's just a fast paced run and shoot experience at this point with a lack of ammo and you're fighting the clunky controls more than the boss itself.  A quick 180 turn option as you get in RE would be useful here instead of slow turning, running, and hoping, to break lines of sight. The controls are optimised for melee, which imo are great even if reviews say otherwise.  

This sums it up perfectly...

https://www.thegamer.com/the-callisto-protocols-final-boss-is-a-case-study-in-bad-game-design/

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Looking forward to Spiderman 2 coming out think I'll wait for a drop in price though.

You could be waiting for 2 years.  God of War still hasn't dropped in price either.  I got the ultimate edition of the first game on PS5 roughly 2 years after launch and it cost more than 50 quid.

Review embargo lifts at 3pm, let's see how it does.  I can't see a scenario of it doing any worse than mid 80s, possibly low 90s.  Looks insanely good to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You could be waiting for 2 years.  God of War still hasn't dropped in price either.  I got the ultimate edition of the first game on PS5 roughly 2 years after launch and it cost more than 50 quid.

Review embargo lifts at 3pm, let's see how it does.  I can't see a scenario of it doing any worse than mid 80s, possibly low 90s.  Looks insanely good to me.

Might just have to take the plunge on it instead then or see about getting it at Christmas.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 16:06, Libertine said:

Loved Automata and Replicant is really good too. Extremely bonkers and Japanese. Automata requires multiple playthroughs to see everything and is worth it. Replicant has the same but I couldn't be bothered going through that a second time.

Only played Gestalt and not Replicant, but I assume they've not changed the core story and it's worth going through at least twice imo. Second playthrough gives some context that elevates the narrative. You also only have to replay the second half iirc.

Edited by potter3

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Has anybody managed to get Sony Core Pictures to work? Whenever i try to open it it signs me out of the network.

Can't say I've even tried. Do they actually have free to view films or is it all renting them like Amazon etc? 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Has anybody managed to get Sony Core Pictures to work? Whenever i try to open it it signs me out of the network.

Seems to work fine for me

I had to go through the get started thing a couple of times but then it came up saying account created, put me into the library bit and I just tried putting on a film and it worked

Only two days to go until the biggest gaming event since H:FW.  Are we ready?  lol

Amazon preorders have sold out, here's hoping I get it on Friday morning at some point.

Downloaded both Gotham Knights and Disco Elysium in the meantime.  Disco I've spent about 20 minutes with, strange game, loads of reading.  Complicated.  Gotham Knights is better than I thought it would be considering the negative reviews.  I've put a couple of hours in so far, platinum looks straightforward.

25 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Only two days to go until the biggest gaming event since H:FW.  Are we ready?  lol

Amazon preorders have sold out, here's hoping I get it on Friday morning at some point.

Downloaded both Gotham Knights and Disco Elysium in the meantime.  Disco I've spent about 20 minutes with, strange game, loads of reading.  Complicated.  Gotham Knights is better than I thought it would be considering the negative reviews.  I've put a couple of hours in so far, platinum looks straightforward.

I played Disco Elysium last year. It is complicated and will take some time getting into it but definitely stick with it. Honestly such a good game, would love to have the patience for a second play through.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Should I buy an XBox S/X series or a PS5? Always sworn by the Sony product and I detest Microsoft, but I feel that I have to follow Bethesda. 

Whichever one you get are you likely to then get Gamepass / PS Premium?

If so, best thing to do would be to have a look through the games available on there

I would personally say PS Premium has the better options when it comes to "big hitter" single player games - Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, The Last of Us

I have both systems and other than Starfield I have barely touched my Xbox for quite a while

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Whichever one you get are you likely to then get Gamepass / PS Premium?

If so, best thing to do would be to have a look through the games available on there

I would personally say PS Premium has the better options when it comes to "big hitter" single player games - Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, The Last of Us

I have both systems and other than Starfield I have barely touched my Xbox for quite a while

Thanks for the advice. As I understand it, Bethesda titles will not be available on Gamepass hence the reliance on XBox for Starfield. This is unlikely to change with future titles which is my concern.