Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

21 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

I agree. I much prefer the Playstation, but that still doesn't solve the Bethesda dilemma. 

If you want Bethesda, get a decent gaming laptop alongside your PS5.  Isn't Starfield best suited to a laptop and mouse?  I'm no expert all things Xbox since it's finest hour came and went two generations ago.  PS exclusives cannot be bettered which is surely a more sensible option than waiting many years for intermittent Bethesda launches which basically boils down to when the next Elder Scrolls is launched.  Not that I'm biased but the timing of your question on a "relatively big launch" today couldn't be better.  lol

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you want Bethesda, get a decent gaming laptop alongside your PS5.  Isn't Starfield best suited to a laptop and mouse?  I'm no expert all things Xbox since it's finest hour came and went two generations ago.  PS exclusives cannot be bettered which is surely a more sensible option than waiting many years for intermittent Bethesda launches which basically boils down to when the next Elder Scrolls is launched.  Not that I'm biased but the timing of your question on a "relatively big launch" today couldn't be better.  lol

Or Fallout 5...(although there are no imminent plans for this if at all). Whilst not being able to access Elder Scrolls is a fairly big deal. 

Yes, I do take your point and I've always preferred the feel of a PS over what was always the more cumbersome X Box which although originally a designated game console, seemed crude and unrefined next to the Play Station. But I've always been attracted to Bethesda's releases. Not being precious or funny., I really don't want to game on a laptop. Also, I'm not a compulsive gamer, rather occasionally when a title interests me. 

The opening act of Spiderman 2 is absolutely outstanding.  It's the strongest opening of any game I've ever played.  I have the game running fidelity mode with vrr and it plays so, so well.  I would happily start over again today just to do the beginning all over again.  Couldn't put it down until the early hours of the morning.  The transition between scenes is incredible.  Absolutely brilliant.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SpacedX said:

Should I buy an XBox S/X series or a PS5? Always sworn by the Sony product and I detest Microsoft, but I feel that I have to follow Bethesda. 

As @moore_94 has said, have a look through the titles on both PS Premium and Gamepass, see what suits you more. I'd take note of the various companies being brought by both - so Bethesda, AB etc and the type of game you enjoy playing.

I also thought Bethesda games will be on gamepass. 

Fwiw I really enjoy the plethora of games on gamepass, having big titles and then a tonne of older and smaller games is great for me. 

Fact you've posted this in the PS thread has me thinking you've got a good idea to what you want anyway.

Honestly don't think it's a huge difference whichever you buy.

Both have big game titles, both great consoles to own and you'll lose hours playing whichever way you go.

On 20/10/2023 at 18:00, SpacedX said:

Thanks for the advice. As I understand it, Bethesda titles will not be available on Gamepass hence the reliance on XBox for Starfield. This is unlikely to change with future titles which is my concern. 

I think most of Bethesda's titles are all now on gamepass. Deathloop was one of the last PS exclusives to be restricted, but it's there now.

I own both, play my X more than PS, which is a turnaround for me, as I was always in the PS camp, and with Activision Blizzard joining gamepass soon, I don't think I'll touch my PS much 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Spider-Man 2 main story and it has pushed Tears of the Kingdom very close for my Game of the Year

Absolutely loved the story and the game just seemed to improve on everything from the first game and Miles Morales

I also have to say that was one of the best openings to a game I have played as well

The combat is a lot more fun and varied, and you just cannot beat the swinging around the map which seems even better, especially with the web wings

The story kept me hooked and unlike the other 2 games where I was happy to go off and do other stuff around the map, this one just made me want to keep on doing the main missions to see what happens next

Because of the above I still have a fair bit to clear up around the map but looking forward to doing it

Insomniac has smashed it out the park yet again!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Just finished the Spider-Man 2 main story and it has pushed Tears of the Kingdom very close for my Game of the Year

Absolutely loved the story and the game just seemed to improve on everything from the first game and Miles Morales

I also have to say that was one of the best openings to a game I have played as well

The combat is a lot more fun and varied, and you just cannot beat the swinging around the map which seems even better, especially with the web wings

The story kept me hooked and unlike the other 2 games where I was happy to go off and do other stuff around the map, this one just made me want to keep on doing the main missions to see what happens next

Because of the above I still have a fair bit to clear up around the map but looking forward to doing it

I'm at just over 50% completion having done all the sides apart from the mysterio challenges and a few bots here and there.  I think there's one flame mission too.  

I'm at the point in the story where I've just picked up the symbiont powers.

Like you say, it's one of the best games of 2023.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not a lot here.  After the last showing a year ago, is this the best they can come up with?  Deliberate wind up.  lol

N7 day becoming a thing in the first place is so stupid. Kind of have to cobble any old shite together to publish something as the above proves! 

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 16:15, moore_94 said:

I'm about 50% of the way through the story and I am really enjoying it. Literally my one complaint so far is they've cut out the ability to relisten to JJJs ramblings and the Danikast, and they cut off if you get close to the random crimes which have quite a wide trigger radius for spiderman to make a comment about it.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm at 78% completion now having done all possible sides to this point.  Just cleared out Mysterio which was too easy on spectacular difficulty.  I don't want it to end and am taking my time.  The story is great at this point.  

It only gets better. I enjoyed the full game. But it's proper grim when you get platinum trophy. Just want to play it again without knowing what happens 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 13:43, kingcarr21 said:

It only gets better. I enjoyed the full game. But it's proper grim when you get platinum trophy. Just want to play it again without knowing what happens 

Yes, I agree.  Gutted I've finished it now, such a good game.  Could have carried on for another 30 hours, such good gameplay.

Wrapped up the platinum within an hour of finishing it off as I kept up with sides as and when they appeared.

I found the spectacular difficulty setting quite a challenge at times.  The venom boss battle at the end got easier with each iteration though which was strange, but took nothing away from it, totally insane ending, nothing quite like it.

I will go back and do an ultimate difficulty run perhaps when new game + become available.  In the meantime I'm looking at Black Friday offers - currently FFXVI is 35 quid which I may go for next.

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, I agree.  Gutted I've finished it now, such a good game.  Could have carried on for another 30 hours, such good gameplay.

Wrapped up the platinum within an hour of finishing it off as I kept up with sides as and when they appeared.

I found the spectacular difficulty setting quite a challenge at times.  The venom boss battle at the end got easier with each iteration though which was strange, but took nothing away from it, totally insane ending, nothing quite like it.

I will go back and do an ultimate difficulty run perhaps when new game + become available.  In the meantime I'm looking at Black Friday offers - currently FFXVI is 35 quid which I may go for next.

I've just traded FF16 in this morning. I enjoyed it overall but I played it on an easy setting. Can't be arsed with the challenge and wanted to enjoy the story. However I think it took the shine off the overall experience as each battle was rinse and repeat the same method. (Garuda's main ability is brilliant btw)

The Eikon battles are stunning. Loved them and by far the best thing about the game.

I'm playing thru FFX right now but already at end game. It still annoys me that at no point in the game does anyone ask Tidus what his name is? Ridiculous

I've bit the bullet and got Modern Warfare 3. All my mates still play it but I've had about a year away from cod/warzone. 

Some pretty good black Friday deals so now might be the time to bite the bullet. Just about what game to get first. Since it's not my main console, plan to have one at a time so I can trade in when finished, much like I did with my PS4. One of the deals is with Spiderman 2 but feel like I want to play miles morales first. Then it's just all the obvious ones.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Some pretty good black Friday deals so now might be the time to bite the bullet. Just about what game to get first. Since it's not my main console, plan to have one at a time so I can trade in when finished, much like I did with my PS4. One of the deals is with Spiderman 2 but feel like I want to play miles morales first. Then it's just all the obvious ones.

I would definitely say you should play Miles Morales first

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I would definitely say you should play Miles Morales first

That Spiderman deal didn't work and neither did the next one I tried! But got it sorted with FF16 which is definitely one I wanted to play. But yeah, I'm sure I can pick up MM for cheap so will do that for sure. Might go back and finish Ghosts of Tsushima as well as I had open world fatigue when I played that last

Mine just arrived. Going to be a good boy and not play until Christmas! 

Shouldn't really matter but the box opening experience is really meh. When you pay a lot of money you expect something to feel really premium with nice packaging/presentation but it's just some cardboard thrown in. The Series X felt special and probably cost about 10p more to do. And we all know that that's the crown Microsoft really wanted; not the best games console but the best box opening :D